Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Moto G Stylus (2020) Smartphone | SDM665 4/128GB | - $209.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 6:46 pm
Aug 4, 2020
67 posts
134 upvotes
I was more asking about which is the better value. Pixel 4A can be had with Shaw mobile for $360 on tab. Wondering if it’s worth the extra $160 for the better camera and Android 11
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15129 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: It's $210.00 CAD.
Bought phones in this price range that have NFC. I tend to buy higher end phones, new/refurb that are like 2 model years old. But last 3 phones I've bought now have NFC and given I keep phones 2-3 yrs, that means I've had phones wayyy older than this and with less general , that had NFC.

This is a clear fail of Motorola and is mentioned in reviews of their various models they still refuse to put a 2 cent NFC transceiver in. Motorola can blow me!
life359 wrote: Why is this a deal breaker?

If you use your phone to pay instead of tapping your card, you look ridiculous. Yeah, I said it. I cringe at people doing this the same way I cringe at people using cash.
LOL what? What does that even mean? What difference does it make to you what and how I'm paying for something? Would you rather I take out my wallet, find my card and tap that? If you do I still don't give a shit bruv, I'm paying how I want. Get a job.
Jordanferras wrote: OOS
Good riddance!
Oct 25, 2012
236 posts
48 upvotes
North York
Just checked my android version in settings-it is 11
As for resetting the phone all the time-maybe twice in 3 months.
Nov 23, 2017
807 posts
548 upvotes
mcmn243 wrote: Just checked my android version in settings-it is 11
As for resetting the phone all the time-maybe twice in 3 months.
Do you experience any connectivity issues for calls, data, wifi?
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16787 posts
7466 upvotes
Toronto
11cowmilk11 wrote: I was more asking about which is the better value. Pixel 4A can be had with Shaw mobile for $360 on tab. Wondering if it’s worth the extra $160 for the better camera and Android 11
Both phones have Android 11. Not really fair to compare prices of a cash and carry prepaid phone vs a contract deal.

If you can get a Pixel 4A for $360 then I would go for that due to the better camera and likely longer support.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1142 posts
918 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Bought phones in this price range that have NFC. I tend to buy higher end phones, new/refurb that are like 2 model years old. But last 3 phones I've bought now have NFC and given I keep phones 2-3 yrs, that means I've had phones wayyy older than this and with less general , that had NFC.

This is a clear fail of Motorola and is mentioned in reviews of their various models they still refuse to put a 2 cent NFC transceiver in. Motorola can blow me!

LOL what? What does that even mean? What difference does it make to you what and how I'm paying for something? Would you rather I take out my wallet, find my card and tap that? If you do I still don't give a shit bruv, I'm paying how I want. Get a job.

Good riddance!
whatever your issue.. I appreciated the post and was disappointed it was out of stock before purchasing. The phone was for donations to Cuba. Wonder if they'll be as fussy as you?
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16787 posts
7466 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: Bought phones in this price range that have NFC. I tend to buy higher end phones, new/refurb that are like 2 model years old. But last 3 phones I've bought now have NFC and given I keep phones 2-3 yrs, that means I've had phones wayyy older than this and with less general , that had NFC.

Good riddance!
Wow, worst attitude ever.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16787 posts
7466 upvotes
Toronto
cdogg26 wrote: Curious if the 4a can be bought at a similar price point?
LOL, we wish, that would be a massive thread.
Dec 17, 2006
546 posts
265 upvotes
Calgary
Kurtz7834 wrote: LOL, we wish, that would be a massive thread.
Haha. Fair. Thought I missed something with the comparison.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15129 upvotes
Jordanferras wrote:
whatever your issue.. I appreciated the post and was disappointed it was out of stock before purchasing. The phone was for donations to Cuba. Wonder if they'll be as fussy as you?
My issue was this is 2021 and the phone has 4GB of RAM yet can't have NFC? That's the issue. And I'm sure they won't be as fussy as me there Mr. Ferras but guess what? I. Don't. Live. In. Cuba. Insinuating that there's something wrong with my [very valid] issue because I should not be fussy because people in Cuba wouldn't be is just meaningless nonsense.
Kurtz7834 wrote: Wow, worst attitude ever.
What? No the "worst attitude ever" here is from Motorola trying to pawn this shit off on people with no shame. My attitude is not bad when I point out a significant and very cheaply implemented feature that is absent here. I saw this deal on Amazon this morning was very close to checking out with one but then thought, "oh wait a minute this is a Motorola, I better check if it have NFC; I mean it must, but let me check GSMarena real quick..." And guess what? Garbage! That's what. Screw Motorola, they can't put a feature on a phone that is very likely on a $99 off-brand China phone.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3722 posts
4115 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ES_Revenge wrote: My issue was this is 2021 and the phone has 4GB of RAM yet can't have NFC? That's the issue. And I'm sure they won't be as fussy as me there Mr. Ferras but guess what? I. Don't. Live. In. Cuba. Insinuating that there's something wrong with my [very valid] issue because I should not be fussy because people in Cuba wouldn't be is just meaningless nonsense.

What? No the "worst attitude ever" here is from Motorola trying to pawn this shit off on people with no shame. My attitude is not bad when I point out a significant and very cheaply implemented feature that is absent here. I saw this deal on Amazon this morning was very close to checking out with one but then thought, "oh wait a minute this is a Motorola, I better check if it have NFC; I mean it must, but let me check GSMarena real quick..." And guess what? Garbage! That's what. Screw Motorola, they can't put a feature on a phone that is very likely on a $99 off-brand China phone.
Dude.. If you don't like motorola, then move on. They make the phone with the feature set they want to include at the price point they want. If it is an extra 2 cents or 20 dollars, they don't care.

Every brand will have issues which will quirk someone. Many people don't care for NFC (like myself), I have it on my moto one action, and used it once to try it out, and have never used it since. Samsung, I can't stand the user interface (they have to be different). They are great on paper but I could never get used to them, at least moto is as close to stock android as it gets other than a pixel. Now want a pixel, sure, but it won't be $200 if you want something recent. The 4a retails for $479+tx. OK, you can get a 2XL from BH and deal with potential the screen issues, and no official warranty, since BH will tell you to go to google, and google will tell you to check with your retailer. And newer pixels, by default you have no 3.5mm jack, you need an adapter. Many hate bluetooth headsets, so that is off the list for some. Sure, you can get something else from amazon. But most clearly state international versions and no warranty. Yes you can go buy a $99 off brand Chinese phone, Live with whatever os version you have (no updates ever). And cost you more to send it back should anything happen than the phone is worth.

I personally would get a moto from costco. You are getting up to a 2yr warranty (most CC will double the standard 1yr warranty on retail electronics), and the costco unmatchable return policy. Is it for everyone ? NO.

The phone is not garbage because it doesn't have 1 feature that you can't live without. It's just not for you.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3722 posts
4115 upvotes
Montreal, QC
JanujanG513700 wrote: The item number is 2233703
Scote64 wrote: The Moto G Power (2020) has been out of stock at Costco.ca since last month, and is gone from the web site. It didn't drop below $259 (I was watching it daily at the time). You'd have to be very lucky to still find one on in-store clearance.

The item number was ‌2233703‌.

Thanks for the product number.

I'll probably call my local costco tomorrow morning and see if any costco in the Montreal/Laval area has it on clearance (unless someone has seen it recently). Need a new phone for the wife. Already have 2 (one for each kid) and they love them.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4324 posts
3472 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
ES_Revenge wrote: My issue was this is 2021 and the phone has 4GB of RAM yet can't have NFC? That's the issue. And I'm sure they won't be as fussy as me there Mr. Ferras but guess what? I. Don't. Live. In. Cuba. Insinuating that there's something wrong with my [very valid] issue because I should not be fussy because people in Cuba wouldn't be is just meaningless nonsense.

They do have the FM chips enabled and a 3.5mm jack, which is something rare in 2021. I value those features.
NFC? I'm more comfortable using a card that has way less surface area to hack than an operating system. The time it takes to pull out my phone versus a card from my wallet is negligible. Not to mention the associated fees that Apple and Google tack on, which only increases the price of goods.
But hey, it's sorta cool that you can go out on the town and pay for everything with your phone, without bulking up your skinny jeans with a wallet. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1142 posts
918 upvotes

You're like the Socrates of cell phones No Mobile Phones no nonsense. Here to spit facts. I just returned my TV because it lacks NFC. Doh

Really though.. 200 dollar 2020 release phone brand new.. tons of good specs but lacks NFC. You sound like me when LG started phasing out removable batteries. I feel your pain in having no one else to relate to lol
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1142 posts
918 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: They do have the FM chips enabled and a 3.5mm jack, which is something rare in 2021. I value those features.
NFC? I'm more comfortable using a card that has way less surface area to hack than an operating system. The time it takes to pull out my phone versus a card from my wallet is negligible. Not to mention the associated fees that Apple and Google tack on, which only increases the price of goods.
But hey, it's sorta cool that you can go out on the town and pay for everything with your phone, without bulking up your skinny jeans with a wallet. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
My wallet makes George castanza's look like a pop tart. Maybe I do need NFC in my life Thinking Face
Oct 25, 2012
236 posts
48 upvotes
North York
Ph7nam wrote: Do you experience any connectivity issues for calls, data, wifi?
So far no connectivity issues. Anyway I'm curious how long it will last because I dropped it three times on my driveway (when I'm getting out of the car!)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3116 posts
3136 upvotes
The Pixel 3 waaay better value. It's cheaper (from B&H) and there's waaaaay more community support for it. So you can load a custom rom when the manufacturer stops updating the device. LineageOS is not supported on this motorola. There's also wayyy more accessories available for the Pixel 3, easier to get spare parts/repairs too