Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Moto G Stylus (2020) Smartphone | SDM665 4/128GB | - $209.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 6:46 pm
Nov 23, 2017
811 posts
549 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: The Pixel 3 waaay better value. It's cheaper (from B&H) and there's waaaaay more community support for it. So you can load a custom rom when the manufacturer stops updating the device. LineageOS is not supported on this motorola. There's also wayyy more accessories available for the Pixel 3, easier to get spare parts/repairs too
There a sale for it on now?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3737 posts
4142 upvotes
Montreal, QC
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: The Pixel 3 waaay better value. It's cheaper (from B&H) and there's waaaaay more community support for it. So you can load a custom rom when the manufacturer stops updating the device. LineageOS is not supported on this motorola. There's also wayyy more accessories available for the Pixel 3, easier to get spare parts/repairs too
Pixel 3 I agree is a great phone with a hell of a lot more support than pretty much any moto phone. And if all things equal, I would probably choose a Pixel 3 over this moto.

However except for the one time last last year I believe where it dropped to USD$129 for a short period (maybe even $119), I think the average price on B&H when they have stock now, is USD$169. Add the taxes/duty/clearance option, I think it comes to about USD$190. and at todays rate, that equates to about CDN$240 (so about the same price as this moto after taxes) - not cheaper really. Those who bought it can confirm what it came out to after all exchange and charges.

B&H is a reputable seller, BUT keep in mind you have no "easy" return policy. And in reality, you probably have no warranty even though B&H states Limited 1 yr warranty on some batches/model (they now say 60 days on some models like the 2XL). Many people complained that they asked google about remaining warranty on the Pixel 3 and 2XL devices, and googles answer is to contact the retailer. B&H in turn tells you that it is a google warranty. So you are stuck going back and forth. Obviously you home that you will never need to use a warranty.

A buddy of mine bought the 2XL for his wife, and he also asked google and google told him that it was in warranty, but he could not deal direct with google, he would have to go through the retailer. I believe his was the verzion unlocked version, so it is possible that google gives verizon (or any other carrier) nice discounts on these devices, but they need to handle all the warranty claims themselves.

If warranty is important to you, then you need to weigh the options. If you don't care about warranty, they I would take the Pixel 3 also, even though it is an older phone, and soon to be EOL.

Also keep in mind that the pixel does not have a microSD card. So if you take a LOT of photo's/videos, once the google unlimited cloud storage expires, you will have to worry about storage. At least with most moto devices, MicroSD slot is available, and you can use it to store your photo/videos easily, and microSD cards are cheap.

Another concern is the fact that the pixel 3 was introduced back end of 2018. Discontinued on March 31, 2020. So the phone has been in a box, on a shelf for at least 18 months.. Possibly up to just under 3yrs. Battery is not used, but has deteriorated a little over time. so battery capacity and lifespan can be a concern.
Apr 8, 2011
41 posts
28 upvotes
Just received it.
Updating to Android 11.
So far, so good.