Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Motorola G8 Power $249+notax

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2020 4:46 am
[OP]
Nov 14, 2008
267 posts
85 upvotes
Back on, for $263 from the no tax seller.

It keeps going oos and back in stock, and prices keep fluctuating. Lowest it dropped to was $248 no tax.
Oct 13, 2014
214 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have any experience returning this product in case it's bunk?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13633 posts
3828 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Wish they had the G Power.
Jun 30, 2016
173 posts
457 upvotes
Vancouver
JLu416 wrote: Anyone have any experience returning this product in case it's bunk?
I returned mine. No issues.
Oct 13, 2014
214 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
DizzyYak wrote: I returned mine. No issues.
We're you able to return it after you opened it and used it?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3925 posts
2396 upvotes
Toronto
JLu416 wrote: Anyone have any experience returning this product in case it's bunk?
DizzyYak wrote: I returned mine. No issues.
Just curious, what were your reasons for returning?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13633 posts
3828 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Angultra wrote: What's better about G Power?
Primarily more band support for Freedom/Shaw network, specifically LTE Bands 13 & 71 for extended range and building penetration. But the G8 Power has the quad camera setup as consolation prize!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16212 posts
17714 upvotes
Let's be realistic, if you're not going for an overpowered Chinese phone, this is one of the best options with good QA behind.

The total package is usually very solid from Motorola, even if Chinese phones are considerably faster for the same price.

A quality build and decent software are sometimes more important in mission critical business situations.
Jun 30, 2016
173 posts
457 upvotes
Vancouver
JLu416 wrote: We're you able to return it after you opened it and used it?
Yes
Jun 30, 2016
173 posts
457 upvotes
Vancouver
JLu416 wrote: We're you able to return it after you opened it and used it?
Apps kept crashing on it. Was so annoying.
Dec 10, 2019
3 posts
Québec
The only problem with buying android phones that don't come directly from the telecom company is that you cannot use the advanced network functions like voice over LTE and Wi-Fi calling. Those functions require special network specific firmware. However this isn't the case with Apple, the iPhones are completely portable between providers so that you can use voice over LTE and Wi-Fi calling.

this doesn't mean that the phones won't work, you'll obviously be able to make calls but it will be over the 3G network and not on LTE so the call quality will just be like a regular phone call (not using high quality codec).
Dec 29, 2017
240 posts
181 upvotes
I got this phone, connect to Freedom, works great as 99% of my time I am in the GTA.
All the negatives stated before including lack of 5ghz wifi, is pretty much not noticeable during regular daily usage (video streaming, Netflix, etc.).

Buy with confidence, if you an average user.
It is snappy, excellent battery life (2 days on average), reasonably bright screen. A solid choice for the next 1.5-2 years of usage.
Jul 27, 2016
955 posts
1148 upvotes
Kanata
Thinking about returning mine. I've only had it for a week...

As of today it's suddenly sending the same text messages to my contacts over and over again. On my side it only shows as 1 message and it's very slow to send, sometimes it takes over a minute to go from "Sending" to "Sent". Then I get replies from people saying "you sent me the same message 6 times!". I have 3 bars and on the Rogers network.

I've tried rebooting and doing updates. Turn data/wifi on and off. Nothing is helping.

And I've already setup this phone twice... the first time I had to do a factory reset because the "finish setting up your android" notification wouldn't go away. When I went to complete the setup it would just keep looping me back to the beginning and then the setup app itself would eventually crash.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)