Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Mpow 30 LED Motion Sensor Lights with High-efficient Solar Panel

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2019 12:15 am
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2184 posts
252 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anyone know if these lights can stay on if you want them on? I am planning to send some to 3rd world countries where electricity goes off daily. They can leave them outside in order to get solar power and then in the evening bring them inside their house and when electricity goes off to have them turn on and stay on.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7476 upvotes
RFD
masoud100 wrote: Does anyone know if these lights can stay on if you want them on? I am planning to send some to 3rd world countries where electricity goes off daily. They can leave them outside in order to get solar power and then in the evening bring them inside their house and when electricity goes off to have them turn on and stay on.
There are solar led pir lights that do have an always on function or at least a dim mode until movement is seen function, but this particular model appears not to have this function.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1775 posts
2879 upvotes
Kingston
Oni-kun wrote: Are you in Toronto?
Did you find anyone on GTA? I might be interested in splitting.
Jan 7, 2016
38 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
masoud100 wrote: Does anyone know if these lights can stay on if you want them on? I am planning to send some to 3rd world countries where electricity goes off daily. They can leave them outside in order to get solar power and then in the evening bring them inside their house and when electricity goes off to have them turn on and stay on.
No, these ones only come on a short period of time when it senses body heat. Got mine in 16 hours, thanks OP
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213943 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Was it for a pack of 4 or a pack of the deal?

Ju Leon...
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213943 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Looks like it was over. Its like 38$. :(

Ju Leon...
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15620 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
radeonboy wrote: There are solar led pir lights that do have an always on function or at least a dim mode until movement is seen function, but this particular model appears not to have this function.
Since the installed battery in most of these units is actually below their listed specification by a lot, you might not get the runtime out of these types of lights you are looking for even with a 'full' charge without replacing the battery with a better rated one.

My advice would be to find lights that use 18650 batteries, find old laptop batteries that have 18650 cells in them, break open those old laptop batteries and used the contained 18650 cells for those lights. Most old laptop battery 18650 cells have much more capacity and higher quality than what was provided. Also, you don't need to bring these lights outside to charge... you can leave them inside by a window or you can even mount them next to the window if the conditions are right where they will charge. Many of the 'newer' lights actually come with remote controls so that you can turn the light on and off when you want.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
3247 posts
1807 upvotes
... PM's replied.
Last edited by yyz2hkg on Aug 3rd, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7524 upvotes
BC
mtlboy wrote: Ordered the outdoor velcro so I can take these in possibly in the winter
I've had different model MPOW solar, motion sensing lights up for at least two winters now and they still work like day-one and it gets down to -25C where I am. The only thing I've had to do is clean the dust off the sensors. Taking them in for the winter might (or might not) help the battery last longer, but isn't necessary from my experience.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Nov 21, 2013
185 posts
57 upvotes
Markham, ON
robster77 wrote: I ordered the $24.99 set earlier today. Should I cancel the order and buy these? They look better for the same (roughly) price.
I got the $25 set as well. It seems to be brighter than this set, but also more narrow field. Not sure which set is better. Can anyone confirm?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
1193 posts
350 upvotes
Received, installed and charging outside. We'll find out how well these work.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
RigorMortis wrote: Can outdoor command strips also hold these adequately?
I ordered the one in the Amazon link, i only used 1 velcro and it was sturdy, definitely if you use 2 for each (top and bottom) then you're good to go. The Amazon one is 10 pairs, thought it was only 5 pairs, i'd recommend it.
Dec 1, 2017
274 posts
210 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
thr333zy wrote: These seem much better build quality than those Baxia ones I got during a lightning deal for the same price :(

That being said, those are already blindly bright.
Is this a good deal? 20% + $3 coupon https://www.amazon.ca/BAXIA-TECHNOLOGY- ... 0_446c9dbb
Price: CDN$ 42.99
Deal Price: CDN$ 34.39
Minus Coupon: CDN$ 31.39
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2009
1127 posts
217 upvotes
Willing to take one of you have extras, please pm.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)