Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Original $1.49 add-on item

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2020 2:47 pm
10 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2064 posts
14037 upvotes
If you can wait a bit for shipping from China, these are dirt cheap to buy in mass quantities - they're called "melamine sponges" but of course Mr. Clean doesn't want you knowing the generic name so that you only know them by their trademarked name.

I paid ~$9 for 100 sponges a few years back and still haven't worked through them - here's an example of 100 pcs for $13.99, free shipping from China on Amazon for example. Yes they absolutely fall apart faster and are smaller/don't last as long, but getting 100 of these for the price 10 Mr. Clean is absolutely worth it.
Dec 15, 2018
37 posts
35 upvotes
Thanks, these things are great at removing squished insect goo off my walls.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2064 posts
14037 upvotes
MrMeeseeks wrote: Thanks, these things are great at removing squished insect goo off my walls.
Be careful doing it too much - melamine sponges work by literally removing surface layers. I made a huge mistake and used them regularly on my bathtub, and the finish started to dull/wear off in some spots, and now grime builds there way faster. These are way, way more abrasive than any sprays/scrubbers.

I find the best use cases are on stainless steel, rubbers, shoes (white trim), and short-use items.
Dec 18, 2019
72 posts
307 upvotes
I get them off of AliExpress which is cheaper than Amazon. I still haven't gone through all of them. Only downside is the wait time for Ali, and the covid situation probably makes shipping even longer
Nov 25, 2014
455 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto, ON
muppetslayer wrote: I am not a Mr. Clean expert, but it seems pretty cheap. All time low according to three camels
These are now available in Dollarama for $1.50.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1339 posts
2970 upvotes
Leverage wrote: If you can wait a bit for shipping from China, these are dirt cheap to buy in mass quantities - they're called "melamine sponges" but of course Mr. Clean doesn't want you knowing the generic name so that you only know them by their trademarked name.

I paid ~$9 for 100 sponges a few years back and still haven't worked through them - here's an example of 100 pcs for $13.99, free shipping from China on Amazon for example. Yes they absolutely fall apart faster and are smaller/don't last as long, but getting 100 of these for the price 10 Mr. Clean is absolutely worth it.
I bought a 1000 pack for $50 on Ebay and they are literally the same as magic eraser. Individually packaged in plastic bag (that's the only sad part) but 100% same size and the duration is pretty much the same as far as I know
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2189 posts
410 upvotes
Leverage wrote: If you can wait a bit for shipping from China, these are dirt cheap to buy in mass quantities - they're called "melamine sponges" but of course Mr. Clean doesn't want you knowing the generic name so that you only know them by their trademarked name.

Thanks for the tip.
Dec 26, 2018
199 posts
276 upvotes
Upvoting for the sole purpose of helping get this thread out of the negative, harsh reaction to an all-time best price for an item whether it's something you'd buy or not.