Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Super Gaming X 4GB GDDR6 (3 IN STOCK) - $390.99 (Ships from Canada, sold by OneDealOutlet Canada)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2021 3:32 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12050 posts
10049 upvotes
Oil Country

[Amazon.ca] MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Super Gaming X 4GB GDDR6 (3 IN STOCK) - $390.99 (Ships from Canada, sold by OneDealOutlet Canada)

Just noticed that OneDealOutlet Canada on Amazon.ca is selling the MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Super Gaming X 4GB GDDR6 video card for $390.99 with free shipping. THERE'S ONLY 3 LEFT IN STOCK!

This is an okay price based on the current video card market. Regular MSI GTX 1650 video cards are selling for $300 or more. For some reason MSI video cards are also priced higher than cards from some manufacturers, such as Asus.

OneDealOutlet Canada's rating is as follows:
- 4 out of 5 stars
- 78% positive in the last 12 months (1632 ratings)

Before people flame this deal, consider the following:
- Stock levels are still non-existent
- Prices on Kijiji and eBay hover around $400 or more for a USED GTX 1650 Super video card
- Chipmakers are increasing prices in an attempt to curb the shortage (this means higher prices for consumers)
- Pre-pandemic this card would have been probably under $300
- There's no end to the shortage in sight, only speculation

THE CARD IS OOS.
Last edited by fudge_u on Sep 2nd, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
43 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1132 posts
2820 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: Got a link?
You want a link to the nvidia gpu 10 series released in 2016 lol?
I'm comparing it's performance to what the 1060 price was when it was current so people can understand the sheer ridiculousness of these "deals" and hopefully pass on them to send a message to the obvious scalpers/hoarders
I have spoken
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12050 posts
10049 upvotes
Oil Country
almasyseifer wrote: You want a link to the nvidia gpu 10 series released in 2016 lol?
I'm comparing it's performance to what the 1060 price was when it was current so people can understand the sheer ridiculousness of these "deals" and hopefully pass on them to send a message to the obvious scalpers/hoarders
That's my point though. People say prices were better a few years ago, but right now they are what they are. Not everyone is going to wait around for prices to drop again. It might be a while before that happen.

I remember when it cost me $20 to fill a tank with gas. Now I pay nearly $80. Think I'm going to wait for prices to drop back down to $20 again?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2485 posts
1015 upvotes
Burnaby
Not a deal but stock tracking. Most cards are non existent and even the low spec ones that are available are stupid $$$.
Apr 27, 2017
140 posts
162 upvotes
Just remember in any decision making process "do nothing" should always be weighed with the choices.
Sep 18, 2010
98 posts
58 upvotes
Canada
almasyseifer wrote: 34% weaker than a gtx 1060 for almost double the price lol
Where are you getting 34% weaker from? 1060 and 1650 Super seem to be on par
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12050 posts
10049 upvotes
Oil Country
almasyseifer wrote: You want a link to the nvidia gpu 10 series released in 2016 lol?
Meh... it's a Zotac that's why.

Also, based on the link below the GTX 1650 Super was slightly better. The 2019 release of the GTX 1650 Super also came with GDDR5 memory. 2020 and newer versions of the card come with GDDR6 memory, which would put the GTX 1650 Super and much higher performance rate than the GTX 1060 6GB.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/N ... 4058vs3639
Last edited by fudge_u on Sep 2nd, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2003
1031 posts
446 upvotes
GTA
I checked on Kijiji for a used 1070 because I'm about to sell one. Looks like old 1070s are hovering around $450 and might be lower once you haggle. I know it's used versus new but I think it's a better deal going that route.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12050 posts
10049 upvotes
Oil Country
jimmyzaas wrote: I checked on Kijiji for a used 1070 because I'm about to sell one. Looks like old 1070s are hovering around $450 and might be lower once you haggle. I know it's used versus new but I think it's a better deal going that route.
Really? You'd be willing to pay $450 for a used 1070, that's likely a few years old? A card that's either been played or mined to death and might not have any warranty left? Interesting.

I bought a used 1660 Ti a few weeks back for $375, and it was about 8 months old. New prices for that card skyrocketed to over $500.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2003
1031 posts
446 upvotes
GTA
fudge_u wrote:
Really? You'd be willing to pay $450 for a used 1070, that's likely a few years old? A card that's either been played or mined to death and might not have any warranty left? Interesting.

I bought a used 1660 Ti a few weeks back for $375, and it was about 8 months old. New prices for that card skyrocketed to over $500.
Nope I wouldn't pay for one but that's what they are going for. In any event you got quite a deal on the 1660ti.. which kinda shows what kind of deal the OP is. Yea between a 1650 post tax and a 1070 for the same money. I'd go with a 1070.. unless another 1660ti appears for $375.
Last edited by jimmyzaas on Sep 2nd, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correction
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1132 posts
2820 upvotes
what? one of the best 1080 and 1080ti ever made are zotac amp extreme cards what are you talking about?
fudge_u wrote: Also, based on the link below the GTX 1650 Super was slightly better. The 2019 release of the GTX 1650 Super also came with GDDR5 memory. 2020 and newer versions of the card come with GDDR6 memory, which would put the GTX 1650 Super and much higher performance rate than the GTX 1060 6GB.
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/N ... 4058vs3639
anything that comes out of userbenchmark.com should never be taken seriously. they are compromised biased source
I have spoken
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12050 posts
10049 upvotes
Oil Country
jimmyzaas wrote: Nope I wouldn't pay for one but that's what they are going for. In any event you got quite a deal on the 1660ti.. which kinda shows what kind of deal the OP is. Yea between a 1650 post tax and a 1070 for the same money. I'd go with a 1070.. unless another 1660ti appears for $375.
I got lucky with my EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti SC ULTRA GAMING video card deal. I've been checking Kijiji and eBay frequently for video card prices, and I haven't seen a 1660 Ti drop below $400. They usually hover around the $500 or $600 price range. The guy I bought from listed it for $400 the night before, and I was one of the first people to respond to him. He was willing to drop to $375 so I picked it up immediately the next morning at 8AM. That way no one had a chance of scooping me.
Oct 20, 2019
94 posts
72 upvotes
There's either a typo or the specs listed are incorrect. Product heading and technical details don't align.

The 1650 Super has GDDR6. If what is being sold is a vanilla 1650 this is a bad deal.
Production Rig: Ryzen 5900x, RTX 3090, 64gb RAM
Gaming Rig: Intel 10400F, RX 6800 XT, 32gb RAM
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12050 posts
10049 upvotes
Oil Country
almasyseifer wrote: what? one of the best 1080 and 1080ti ever made are zotac amp extreme cards what are you talking about?

anything that comes out of userbenchmark.com should never be taken seriously. they are compromised biased source
Best performing card maybe, but Zotac's a brand I generally avoid based on past experiences. I'd put them below EVGA, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte (they've take a hit in recent years), etc, but that's my opinion of the manufacturer, and I've been building computers for over 20 years.

Userbenchmark scores are based on tests submitted by users, so a number of things will factor into those scores (e.g. CPU, OS, system utilization, etc). I think it'll give people a general idea of how well a card can perform, but take those scores with a grain of salt since test environments will vary by quite a bit.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1132 posts
2820 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: Best performing card maybe, but Zotac's a brand I generally avoid based on past experiences. I'd put them below EVGA, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte (they've take a hit in recent years), etc, but that's my opinion of the manufacturer, and I've been building computers for over 20 years.

Userbenchmark scores are based on tests submitted by users, so a number of things will factor into those scores (e.g. CPU, OS, system utilization, etc). I think it'll give people a general idea of how well a card can perform, but take those scores with a grain of salt since test environments will vary by quite a bit.
You can't just grade brands like this without data on every product benchmark they make. EVGA and ASUS can make a dog shit card and red dragon can make an amazing card. It's hard to imagine someone who's been building systems for 20 years blanket grading brands like this. For most parts it's a case by case analysis nowadays because the company you consider to be the best can makes a wide range of product from excellent to dogshit. So a blanket statement like " Meh... it's a Zotac that's why." without considering it's individual performance compared to it's rivals and ignoring the top Zotac amp cards destroying their competition doesn't make sense.

The only thing that should sway people from one brand to another after considering product performance is stuff like their warranty/return policy, customer support which is almost the same everywhere. But most importantly for me at least is if they have CAD RMA centers. Zotac has one BTW making my RMA processes seamless where I send them a card on a Monday and get it back the Wednesday of the next week. Compared to the companies you listed that make you send your items to LA California and get your stuff back 3 months later.

Userbenchmark is a compromised site that takes money from companies to adjust weight in their favor.
I have spoken