• Feb 12th, 2021 10:37 am
[OP]
Mar 5, 2004
68 posts
17 upvotes
Richmond

[Amazon.ca] MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi Motherboard - $249.99

MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi Motherboard-$249.99
*Limited Time Deal. << Update: looks like deal is over on Amazon.ca. Should still be available on newegg.ca for a few more hours.>>

Newegg.ca has same motherboard at $249.00 + shipping
Last edited by LoYPS on Feb 12th, 2021 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2528 posts
360 upvotes
Durham Region
If only could find a 5600x for regular price...
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2283 posts
522 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
ATLien69 wrote: If only could find a 5600x for regular price...
You can, depending how much effort you're willing to put in. Stock of the 5600x is fairly easy to come by in comparison to the 5900x or 5950x. BH is your best bet, but MemEx has been getting some decent stock drops as well. I just got my 5900x yesterday after a long wait.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1769 posts
459 upvotes
TORONTO
ATLien69 wrote: If only could find a 5600x for regular price...
If I could only find a 6800 XT for regular price aswell...
Jun 30, 2019
21 posts
26 upvotes
I'm not sure if it's a bug, but mine comes out to $249 - $20 coupon when checking out. I've looked at the page a few times and nowhere do I see there should be a $20 discount being applied.

FYI - I also added in the recent XPG PSU to my order which HAS the $20 dollar discount applied to that. I noticed if I remove that $20 discount I lose a total of $40 discount in my cart but if I add that $20 discount back, somehow I end up with $40 discount....
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2283 posts
522 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
VanMortgages wrote: I'm not sure if it's a bug, but mine comes out to $249 - $20 coupon when checking out. I've looked at the page a few times and nowhere do I see there should be a $20 discount being applied.

FYI - I also added in the recent XPG PSU to my order which HAS the $20 dollar discount applied to that. I noticed if I remove that $20 discount I lose a total of $40 discount in my cart but if I add that $20 discount back, somehow I end up with $40 discount....
Which PSU is it? I built a new system and used my current PSU so I need a budget PSU to put in my old system. While XPG wouldn't be my first choice, it may be good in the secondary system.

Right now I'm looking at the RM650x which is on for $118. https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B079H6111J/ref ... BSBF?psc=1

I was debating motherboards for a long time when building my new system and the Tomahawk was the budget X570 board I was considering.

I actually ended up going with the higher tier MSI X570 Unify as I wanted to try building a system with no SATA drives.
Last edited by RandomSanity on Feb 12th, 2021 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1090 posts
557 upvotes
I used an MSI 570-A PRO for my rig. I usually buy Asus mobos, but I liked their MSI low profile GPUs so I decided to give their mobo a shot.
I have AMD and a NVIDIA GPU on it, one for gaming one for productivity. Every time, and I mean every time, a new AMD mobo driver is available I get the Windows blue screen of death with some random error message. After upgrading, everything is back to normal. I traced it down to the mixed GPUs, since if I shut down the screen connected to the NVIDIA GPU the crash does not occur.
I forgot to mention that the MSI 570-A PRO manual was a crock, it actually had wrong info about mounting a 3600x CPU.
Not very impressed by the MSI mobos.
Last edited by govas19 on Feb 12th, 2021 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 9, 2021
14 posts
30 upvotes
Great price. I just purchased this 2 days ago for $309. Does anyone know if I can just get Amazon to do a price adjustment? I would rather not waste resources to buy a new one and ship it back.
Jun 30, 2019
21 posts
26 upvotes
RandomSanity wrote: Which PSU is it? I built a new system and used my current PSU so I need a budget PSU to put in my old system. While XPG wouldn't be my first choice, it may be good in the secondary system.

Right now I'm looking at the RM650x which is on for $118. https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B079H6111J/ref ... BSBF?psc=1
This one https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07Z8J1973/ref ... 5EV8QP2XCQ

Both the 650 and 750 have $20 off coupon still available. I was hesitant on the xpg but after going through a few reddit, YouTube and LTT reviews, it has been rated and deemed reliable. Full disclaimer - I am a complete pc noob. Have only bought prebuilts so far in my life. Decided to put together my first ever rig and am slowly collecting the parts.

Got the x570 now and PSU, still need case, Ram, AIO, etc.
Now waiting on 5900x to be back in stock again and prepaid for a back order 3080 which I'm not holding my breath on.

For your use case I would go with the rmx650. If you're just looking for a budget PSU for your back up system. Rmx650 been around longer and more reviews to back it up, however it doesn't mean the XPG 650 PSU is no good either.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2283 posts
522 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
VanMortgages wrote: This one https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07Z8J1973/ref ... 5EV8QP2XCQ

Both the 650 and 750 have $20 off coupon still available. I was hesitant on the xpg but after going through a few reddit, YouTube and LTT reviews, it has been rated and deemed reliable. Full disclaimer - I am a complete pc noob. Have only bought prebuilts so far in my life. Decided to put together my first ever rig and am slowly collecting the parts.

Got the x570 now and PSU, still need case, Ram, AIO, etc.
Now waiting on 5900x to be back in stock again and prepaid for a back order 3080 which I'm not holding my breath on.

For your use case I would go with the rmx650. If you're just looking for a budget PSU for your back up system. Rmx650 been around longer and more reviews to back it up, however it doesn't mean the XPG 650 PSU is no good either.
Welcome to the custom pc building club. You will get addicted and spend way more money than you should lol

Sorry you are entering into it at the worst time in history.

If you want a 3080, BestBuy has had pretty significant drops the past few weeks. It was in stock for over 3 minutes a few times over the past 3 weeks. If you don't care which 3080 you get, BB is definitely your best friend. You will have to use something like Distill, or join one of the Discords that post stock drops.

Thanks for posting the PSU. I'll take a look and consider my options. I'm partial to the corsair just because they're a known quantity to me and I've used many of their parts over the years.
Jul 1, 2013
17 posts
32 upvotes
Vaughan
Dabuck wrote: Great price. I just purchased this 2 days ago for $309. Does anyone know if I can just get Amazon to do a price adjustment? I would rather not waste resources to buy a new one and ship it back.
Amazon does not do price adjustments so you will have to buy it at the new price and return your old one. If you use a reason like "Arrived too late" they will not charge you for return shipping.
Last edited by vcazan on Feb 12th, 2021 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 9, 2012
72 posts
27 upvotes
Dabuck wrote: Great price. I just purchased this 2 days ago for $309. Does anyone know if I can just get Amazon to do a price adjustment? I would rather not waste resources to buy a new one and ship it back.
Me too. Unfortunately Amazon can't do that. I did try with 3 different reps and i gave up.
May 2, 2011
220 posts
39 upvotes
zakregent wrote: If I could only find a 6800 XT for regular price aswell...
There was a good drop on AMD yesterday afternoon and the 6900 XT and 6800 were available for a minute or so. They sell for much cheaper than Newegg & co. There was no 6800 XT tho...
Feb 9, 2021
14 posts
30 upvotes
Zen111 wrote: Me too. Unfortunately Amazon can't do that. I did try with 3 different reps and i gave up.
I tried calling in and talking to the manager and they said no too. Real big waste of resources for a company saying how green they are.
Dec 9, 2012
72 posts
27 upvotes
For someone who voted for not a good price. Wonder if he/she can shows a better price ?
Sep 27, 2015
15 posts
9 upvotes
Saskatchewan
This vs the Asus TUF that was on sale last week for 226?
Apr 24, 2005
74 posts
18 upvotes
Markham
nimor107 wrote: There was a good drop on AMD yesterday afternoon and the 6900 XT and 6800 were available for a minute or so. They sell for much cheaper than Newegg & co. There was no 6800 XT tho...
How did you find out they had stock? Do you stay on the site all day?
Sep 27, 2015
15 posts
9 upvotes
Saskatchewan
lachhman wrote: How did you find out they had stock? Do you stay on the site all day?
There is a twitch stream you can follow for cpu/gpu stock. I got my 5600 from BH after a couple days of having it run in the background and listening for the drops.

https://m.twitch.tv/war10ck3d
Banned
Dec 20, 2020
82 posts
57 upvotes
All I have seen for a few years now is MSI doing things that are totally anti-consumer. There are also brands out there that have been making motherboards for far longer. Combine both those things and I say pass on this motherboard and anything else MSI makes.
Deal me in.