Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Multi-Bit Screwdriver Picquic Super 8 Plus $11.13

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2020 6:55 pm
Jan 22, 2017
661 posts
1696 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Multi-Bit Screwdriver Picquic Super 8 Plus $11.13

Picquic Super 8 Plus Multi-Bit Screwdriver $11.13

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07PQ4 ... UTF8&psc=1

Probably the best multi-bit screwdriver I have ever used. This screwdriver is of great quality which is rare now in hand tools.
Picquic is a Vancouver based manufacturer. These also come with a lifetime guarantee but I doubt you will ever need it.
Thread Summary
Read the ad- it's for HVAC- which Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units, which have different sizes of screws. Not sure how useful it will be in everyday life.
33 replies
Dec 24, 2011
440 posts
195 upvotes
New Westminster
WOW Hot! I just PM Summit Tools at HD for $14.... And HD was sold out at that price.

Limit of 3 it appears.
Aug 17, 2013
696 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
pswart wrote: I'm trying to decide if I should get this one or this 3 pack with different sizes: www.amazon.ca/dp/B07BJQFFHC

Does Picquic make ratcheting ones as well?
This, I would never buy a normal screwdriver that isn't ratcheting. This is 2020, not 1980
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
4046 posts
1304 upvotes
Toronto
orianna wrote: This, I would never buy a normal screwdriver that isn't ratcheting. This is 2020, not 1980
Is the one in ops post ratcheting ?
Aug 17, 2013
696 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
You can click on the link. And no it's not. Spend the extra 20/30/40 for a good ratchet screwdriver
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
Read the ad- it's for HVAC- which Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units, which have different sizes of screws. Not sure how useful it will be in everyday life.

Also- look at how short the rod is. The bits will stick out pretty close to tip of the screwdriver.

Isn't there a deal for regular Picquic?
Last edited by deal_king on Mar 4th, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Telus CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 25gb $25/month
Electrolux 527 Washer $300
Dec 16, 2015
214 posts
246 upvotes
Sundre, AB
Just my opinion but I use my picquic daily at work in my pocket tool rotation. It's probably my most used tool so I go through them once a year, rounded bits etc. I had the HVAC one in this thread a couple years back, I did very much enjoy it, my only complaint would have been that the shank just isn't as sturdy as the regular ones, due to the nut driver addition it allows a bit of back and forth movement, allowing easier cam out on screws. Just my observation. By all means it's a great screwdriver, but I'd rather have a seperate set of nut drivers on the side.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
undacova wrote: Is the one in ops post ratcheting ?
orianna wrote: You can click on the link. And no it's not. Spend the extra 20/30/40 for a good ratchet screwdriver
AlbertaSparky wrote: Just my opinion but I use my picquic daily at work in my pocket tool rotation. It's probably my most used tool so I go through them once a year, rounded bits etc. I had the HVAC one in this thread a couple years back, I did very much enjoy it, my only complaint would have been that the shank just isn't as sturdy as the regular ones, due to the nut driver addition it allows a bit of back and forth movement, allowing easier cam out on screws. Just my observation. By all means it's a great screwdriver, but I'd rather have a seperate set of nut drivers on the side.
Can you guys please lend your expertise to us newbies on here that are just looking for screwdrivers to replace our home tools and take up less space? I'm drowning in old screwdrivers that take up a lot of room. But this HVAC screwdriver looks like its for HVAC. I want general use, or a small set that has as many functions as possible. Isn't there a regular or classic Picquic?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
Price just went up to $13
Dec 16, 2015
214 posts
246 upvotes
Sundre, AB
deal_king wrote:

Can you guys please lend your expertise to us newbies on here that are just looking for screwdrivers to replace our home tools and take up less space? I'm drowning in old screwdrivers that take up a lot of room. But this HVAC screwdriver looks like its for HVAC. I want general use, or a small set that has as many functions as possible. Isn't there a regular or classic Picquic?
The regular picquic six pac would be fine, there's a link a few up that has a few different ones in it for ~$25. That's a good deal and totally worth it at that price.

Edit: in fact I just bought that set. $ 26.16 to Alberta.
Last edited by AlbertaSparky on Mar 4th, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
This one has the Schrader bit - never knew about this bit and where it can be used.
There are other Picquic screwdrivers if you don't need this Schrader bit but they are all regular price though
Picquic 4500x Multique Multi-Bit Screwdriver with Seven Bits, Slim Handle, comes in 7 different handle colours for $11.27 reg price
or the standard Picquic 47007 Dash 7 Multi-Bit Screwdriver with Seven Bits for $9.99 to $10.61 reg price
Aug 17, 2013
696 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
deal_king wrote: Can you guys please lend your expertise to us newbies on here that are just looking for screwdrivers to replace our home tools and take up less space? I'm drowning in old screwdrivers that take up a lot of room. But this HVAC screwdriver looks like its for HVAC. I want general use, or a small set that has as many functions as possible. Isn't there a regular or classic Picquic?
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004VJY1FQ/?co ... dp_it&th=1

We live in 2020, i'm not sure why they still make non-ratchet screwdrivers. It's so unproductive and old school.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
AlbertaSparky wrote: The regular picquic six pac would be fine, there's a link a few up that has a few different ones in it for ~$25. That's a good deal and totally worth it at that price.

Edit: in fact I just bought that set. $ 26.16 to Alberta.
Can you clarify what is the regular Picquic six pac with links? There are so many that I can't really tell the difference and I don't understand the terminology or what HEX means.

I looked at the 3 pack you are referring to. It has a much shorter rod. Doesn't that make it harder to use? Someone here was mentioning ratcheting being something to look for?
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
orianna wrote: This, I would never buy a normal screwdriver that isn't ratcheting. This is 2020, not 1980
Ratcheting is so annoying to use having to switch directions, may as well get an electric driver lol

With wrenchs, you still need both ratchet and non.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2611 upvotes
deal_king wrote: Read the ad- it's for HVAC- which Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units, which have different sizes of screws. Not sure how useful it will be in everyday life.

Also- look at how short the rod is. The bits will stick out pretty close to tip of the screwdriver.

Isn't there a deal for regular Picquic?
Apparently all the same Philips, Robertson, flat head sizes, with the addition of the "Schraeder", which I don't have any experience with.

Thought this was ratcheting at first, which would be great. I am a proud owner of several Picquic drivers in various sizes, and they are always my first go to, so I would recommend the brand alone to anyone looking for a general purpose driver to have around the house
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
gumby wrote: This one has the Schrader bit - never knew about this bit and where it can be used.
There are other Picquic screwdrivers if you don't need this Schrader bit but they are all regular price though
Picquic 4500x Multique Multi-Bit Screwdriver with Seven Bits, Slim Handle, comes in 7 different handle colours for $11.27 reg price
or the standard Picquic 47007 Dash 7 Multi-Bit Screwdriver with Seven Bits for $9.99 to $10.61 reg price
Can you clarify if these are for general use around the house? How many different sizes and shapes are the most common? 7?

What's the difference between the two you mentioned? Why is one short and stubby and other one is regular size? Are there pros and cons to each one?
Dec 16, 2015
214 posts
246 upvotes
Sundre, AB
deal_king wrote:
Can you clarify if these are for general use around the house? How many different sizes and shapes are the most common? 7?

What's the difference between the two you mentioned? Why is one short and stubby and other one is regular size? Are there pros and cons to each one?
They are all different yet. The one you'd want for around the house will have 2 sizes of philips, 3 sizes of robertson and 2 sizes of flathead. Like this https://www.amazon.ca/Picquic-48008-Mul ... six&sr=8-1

Ratcheting is a pita and totally not needed.
Last edited by AlbertaSparky on Mar 4th, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 17, 2013
696 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
Daijoubu wrote: Ratcheting is so annoying to use having to switch directions, may as well get an electric driver lol

With wrenchs, you still need both ratchet and non.
Yes electric driver is the best. You're comparing apples and oranges. A ratcheting screwdriver is almost same size as normal screw drivers (give or take). They're interchangeable.

if you're building a bed/table, you save time with ratcheting screwdrivers. To each their own, i'll never go back

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)