Dec 15, 2018
21 posts
9 upvotes
I tried buying a 25$ gift card and it didn't say anything during checkout
Nov 4, 2002
831 posts
36 upvotes
Burnaby
Question. Why does the Kaizen have 2 protein numbers? On the nutritional label it's 35g/42g, which is around 83%. What's the 39.319g under medicinal ingredients?
Jun 21, 2017
251 posts
512 upvotes
I don't understand how anyone can drink the ones with stevia in it.

Tastes like paint fumes and may have negative health effects relative to other artificial sweeteners.

Personally would rather drink one with some regular glucose and burn it off in workout but I don't think anyone makes it.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3930 posts
3469 upvotes
The NORTH
Cocopuffs43421 wrote: I don't understand how anyone can drink the ones with stevia in it.

Tastes like paint fumes and may have negative health effects relative to other artificial sweeteners.

Personally would rather drink one with some regular glucose and burn it off in workout but I don't think anyone makes it.
I think you're confused... Stevia is a sweetener from a plant, same as sugar. You might be thinking of aspartame or acesulfame potassium.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1483 posts
416 upvotes
Center of the univer…
mattdominic wrote: ok you read the label .. enjoy the soy and non-medical ingredients amigo
Not sure whats so hard to understand ..

Mutant - Non-medicinal ingredients: Natural & Artificial Flavors, Natural Cream Flavor, Guar Gum, Potassium Citrate, Sucralose, Stevia, Sunflower Lecithin

Kaizen - Non-medicinal ingredients: Natural flavors, Cocoa Powder, Soy Lecithin (less than 1%), Xantham Gum, Stevia

They both have some non medicinal ingredients, just because they didn't separate out on the mutant label doesn't mean it doesnt have any (hint: it has more)
Jun 21, 2017
251 posts
512 upvotes
I'm literally a Biochemist.

Stevia is an extract with many unknown properties. It is not purified like cane sugar or artificial sweeteners so carries a higher risk.

Also tastes like paint.