Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

MyQ WiFi Garage Hub G0401 - $31.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2022 5:53 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 22, 2018
72 posts
106 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] MyQ WiFi Garage Hub G0401 - $31.99

Amazon and Best Buy have the newer MyQ WiFi hub for what I think is an ATL.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/Smart-Garage-Open ... C78&sr=8-4

Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ch ... lsrc=aw.ds
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 30th, 2022 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed amazon links
65 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1950 posts
710 upvotes
Anyone know what size lithium battery this takes and if it lasts?

Recall comments (not sure if it’s this model) that the battery frequently needs replacing
Nov 26, 2021
106 posts
367 upvotes
I would go with wyze garage door opener instead. Bit more expensive but you get a camera. Alternative you can build your own using a esp826 chip. Less than 5 dollars.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
2098 posts
1967 upvotes
Bought this the last time it was on sale and I am very happy with the purchase. Super easy to install and has worked flawlessly.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1773 posts
2867 upvotes
Kingston
For two doors, probably best to buy the $62 set right? I can't see the use of the second hub if I buy two of the $32 ones.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1773 posts
2867 upvotes
Kingston
MarriedMan wrote: I would go with wyze garage door opener instead. Bit more expensive but you get a camera. Alternative you can build your own using a esp826 chip. Less than 5 dollars.
Elaborate please. I'm intrigued by the DIY.
Mar 8, 2013
597 posts
2357 upvotes
Toronto
bobor wrote: Anyone know what size lithium battery this takes and if it lasts?

Recall comments (not sure if it’s this model) that the battery frequently needs replacing
One CR2450 battery for the sensor:

https://cgi.widen.net/view/pdf/ottqgh4c ... 37-000.pdf

How long it lasts seems to vary quite bit (how frequently the door is open closed, the brand/quality/age of the battery, etc.) The original battery that came with my 2nd gen sensor lasted a year before it started giving a low battery warning. Used it almost daily.
Jul 13, 2020
292 posts
966 upvotes
The only reason i returned this and got the Refoss one is that it doesn't work with Android Auto to open garage door by voice command.
The refoss one does..
May 12, 2012
95 posts
82 upvotes
CALGARY
Had it for almost a year, works well. Original battery still going
Apr 13, 2005
282 posts
60 upvotes
What are your use cases for making your garage door smart? I'm on the fence about getting one of these, but aside from being notified of forgetting to close the garage door and then closing it from inside the house, what other use cases are there?
Apr 22, 2018
72 posts
106 upvotes
hangtime23 wrote: What are your use cases for making your garage door smart? I'm on the fence about getting one of these, but aside from being notified of forgetting to close the garage door and then closing it from inside the house, what other use cases are there?
Like most smart home gadgets it's a luxury more than a necessity but as you mentioned, knowing the garage door status is big, plus automation with other tech. Example, when the garage door opens then the light in my mudroom turns on.

Do I need this? Nope. Is it nice to come home to a bright house? Yep
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2814 posts
3131 upvotes
Toronto
I got this for about $50 last year, love it.
Sucks that I need yet another app installed just to use this, but it does the job.
I mainly use this as an alternative to opening my garage door, and checking its status.
For those times where you go "oh shoot, did I close the garage door", the app will warn me if the door was left open, and I can close it remotely.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10922 upvotes
Vancouver
hangtime23 wrote: What are your use cases for making your garage door smart? I'm on the fence about getting one of these, but aside from being notified of forgetting to close the garage door and then closing it from inside the house, what other use cases are there?
That's a good question. There are several suggested use cases of doubtful likelihood:

- Checking that the door is closed when away from home, and closing it remotely if it was somehow left open or opened accidentally
- Opening the door with your phone if you forgot the opener and don't want to get out of your car
- Opening the door remotely for a visitor or delivery person to access your garage

I doubt most people would ever use any of them aside from paranoid double-checking that the garage door is still closed when away from home for an extended period. We just unplug the opener when we're away on vacation to be sure the garage door remains closed and can't open.

Google Assistant and Alexa won't let you open the door remotely for security reasons - i.e., they don't want to be sued for letting a burglar into your house because of a fault in their service. And honestly for safety reasons you should not be operating the garage door remotely without having eyes on it, either in-person or with a camera view.

But hey, it's cheap, so why not?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes
Superman_2099 wrote: Price match and beat at HD

Save a few dollars
Just did that ordered and then did chat. Super easy.

Though now I am thinking i should have done shipping to my house ( home Depot is close to be so not huge deal)
You don't really need it like most smart things but I wanted it so I can see if the garage is closed ( one time my mom came in the morning and said my garage was open... Don't know if it was all night open or not)

Second I go through the garage instead of main door even if I don't drive and I only have 2 clickers but need 3. I can get around this by using the key pad on side of house but I think this is nice to have as well.

Will see what the wife says though lol.
Last edited by xiaobao on Jun 30th, 2022 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dec 3, 2009
273 posts
72 upvotes
Ottawa
MarriedMan wrote: I would go with wyze garage door opener instead. Bit more expensive but you get a camera.
A camera would be great! Do you have a link for this by chance? I can’t seem to find any from Canadian sites. Thanks!
Mar 7, 2011
688 posts
1044 upvotes
Free anxiety of hub malfunctioning and closing door over your car.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes
yashgandhi wrote: Free anxiety of hub malfunctioning and closing door over your car.
Would your garage not stop this? Mine currently will stop closing if it detects a object such as person or vehicle.

I would still think that would exist and work.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)