Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Nanit Pro Smart Baby Monitor and Floor Stand $399

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2021 12:31 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 21, 2013
185 posts
57 upvotes
Markham, ON

[Amazon.ca] Nanit Pro Smart Baby Monitor and Floor Stand $399

All time low according to camels for this combo (pro monitor + floor stand).

Great for the new parents out there.
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 13th, 2021 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: price was missing from the title
15 replies
Sep 11, 2007
514 posts
375 upvotes
TDot
I'm wondering if I should wait till Black Friday - but I don't see it being cheaper than this, a 20% discount
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2984 posts
2445 upvotes
Mississauga
GoKartRacer wrote: I'm wondering if I should wait till Black Friday - but I don't see it being cheaper than this, a 20% discount
it has been this price before, so it doesn't hurt to wait if you wanted to, but with that said, BF is still like 4 months away.... and nothing is guaranteed in this world :)
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Feb 21, 2013
315 posts
91 upvotes
Montréal
Is it worth it?

Anyone had good experience?

Reviews doesn’t look good in amazon
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6324 posts
3872 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
seeker87 wrote: Is it worth it?

Anyone had good experience?

Reviews doesn’t look good in amazon
I’ve been using it for 2 years. Don’t love it for the price we paid. If you search up my old posts from my profile you’ll find a more thorough write up of our experience. I just don’t have time right now to find it for you.
Sep 11, 2007
514 posts
375 upvotes
TDot
vinnie1990 wrote: it has been this price before, so it doesn't hurt to wait if you wanted to, but with that said, BF is still like 4 months away.... and nothing is guaranteed in this world :)
I technically don't need it till end of December. So debating.
Sep 11, 2007
514 posts
375 upvotes
TDot
ChicoQuente wrote: I’ve been using it for 2 years. Don’t love it for the price we paid. If you search up my old posts from my profile you’ll find a more thorough write up of our experience. I just don’t have time right now to find it for you.
Yea but this is the new one! Although not major differences
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1282 posts
1147 upvotes
Wow that's a steep price for a baby monitor, just saying.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6324 posts
3872 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
GoKartRacer wrote: Yea but this is the new one! Although not major differences
I have the Nanit Pro as well. Have they released a new version under the exact same name? If I recall the “Pro” is really just version 2 and came out shortly before I purchased. It’s not a horrible monitor but it isn’t good enough to justify its costs in my opinion.

When I first got it it wasn’t working well at all with my mesh network and their advice was that I stop using a mesh network. That’s an insane “fix” for a company that is essentially a technology/software company in my opinion. They should be far more in touch with current technology.

I will say I had 1 positive experience with customer service after 3-4 bad ones. I finally was fed up and was pretty firm with them about my dissatisfaction and they sent me the secondary tabletop style mount which was helpful for the few times we stayed at other places.
Jan 4, 2016
500 posts
780 upvotes
Calgary
Maannn, we were in the market for all types of camera before my daughter was born. A LOT of gimmicks out there - heart beat, room temp, ballbalab. I told my wife I have an extra Wyze camera just sitting collecting dust. It is now our go to. Bought it when it was on sale, i think it was 45$ for 2 cameras (V2 version)

Just use a wyze camera, stick it somewhere safe and youre good to go i promise.
Apr 7, 2005
225 posts
42 upvotes
If for some reason you receive one that is open box, just send it back. Once set up, Nanit cameras do not have a reset on the unit. They're locked to the account unless that user took the time to delete the camera from their account and we know how tech-savvy the average person is. They say it's for security (because someone might reset the camera when they're left alone in your house!) but it's just unnecessarily creating ewaste.

https://support.nanit.com/hc/en-us/arti ... other-user
Jan 4, 2016
500 posts
780 upvotes
Calgary
Alburt wrote: If for some reason you receive one that is open box, just send it back. Once set up, Nanit cameras do not have a reset on the unit. They're locked to the account unless that user took the time to delete the camera from their account and we know how tech-savvy the average person is. They say it's for security (because someone might reset the camera when they're left alone in your house!) but it's just unnecessarily creating ewaste.

https://support.nanit.com/hc/en-us/arti ... other-user
lol this has to be the stupidest thing actually.
Aug 27, 2019
26 posts
41 upvotes
My 2 cents. Before buying the Nanit, please read through their privacy policy and make sure you're happy with it. I was not.

https://www.nanit.com/ca/legal/privacy

As a camera that is on all the time, picking up audio from around the house 24/7, they seem to not care too much about the protection of your data. The policy is pretty careful with its word but says they have access to all of your data and can use it however they want to, and cannot guarantee the security and safety of your data from being stolen. Grimacing Face They use very generic words to cover all their bases. This is very unlike other tech companies's privacy policies.
Jan 22, 2015
816 posts
1285 upvotes
Toronto, ON
No one I know who got the Nanit seems to like it.
I ended up going for a cheapish HD non wifi camera with monitor for my regular use and then a wyze 3 with stand for when I get to checkin when I'm working.
Swapped the ring light out on this stand for the wyze cam, handy as it has a Flexible neck to get the perfect angle.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B08SJP8KL ... asin_title
Jan 7, 2020
6 posts
eyeofthelight wrote: My 2 cents. Before buying the Nanit, please read through their privacy policy and make sure you're happy with it. I was not.

https://www.nanit.com/ca/legal/privacy

As a camera that is on all the time, picking up audio from around the house 24/7, they seem to not care too much about the protection of your data. The policy is pretty careful with its word but says they have access to all of your data and can use it however they want to, and cannot guarantee the security and safety of your data from being stolen. Grimacing Face They use very generic words to cover all their bases. This is very unlike other tech companies's privacy policies.
As an owner of one, it is handy to have the sleep tracking and ability to have multiple parents on the account and able to sign in but it is a steep price.

Just to follow up on that, while I agree with the agreement not being ideal. There is a button in the app to simply turn off the camera whenever it is not in use.

Edit:Spelling

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)