[Amazon.ca] Nanuk 909 waterproof case w/ cubed foam - $55.96

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2020 12:30 pm
[OP]
Dec 30, 2007
12 posts
58 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Nanuk 909 waterproof case w/ cubed foam - $55.96

Limited deal. The yellow, orange, and graphite cases with customizable cubes foam is on sale. In comparison , the empty cases without the foam are around this price.

$1 off from historical low from triple humped animal price tracker.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2136 posts
752 upvotes
EDMONTON
Nanuk are great cases.

I have two 910s and two 935s with the luggage wheels + handle.
RFD Etiquette:
- If you are going to shoot down a deal by referencing an expired sale or past deals, please provide us with a working time machine!
Oct 13, 2017
457 posts
441 upvotes
I will second the fact they are great cases. I have a 960 with the padded inserts for my camera equipment.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2460 posts
850 upvotes
Ottawa
What do you guys put in these?

For some reason, I've always wanted one of these things. I think i've watched too many movies where some nerve agent is transported in a case like this.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7369 posts
255 upvotes
BC
eugene188 wrote: What do you guys put in these?

For some reason, I've always wanted one of these things. I think i've watched too many movies where some nerve agent is transported in a case like this.
Cameras and lens, electronics, laptops, etc.

Or just get one to look like secret agent lol
insert witty comment
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5289 posts
1412 upvotes
Toronto
seems overpriced
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1151 posts
1022 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
ez_86 wrote: seems overpriced
and what exactly about the product makes you have such a misinformed idea?

I own 2 of these cases and they are absolutely the best quality waterproof case you can get on the market, hands down. If you don't believe me, buy one and if you disagree, you can always return it with amazon's easy return policy.
Feb 13, 2020
9 posts
15 upvotes
ez_86 wrote: seems overpriced
Compared to crap built in China using worse materials and bordering on slave labour? Sure, overpriced.
Oct 20, 2013
974 posts
331 upvotes
Chambly, QC
Is Pelican a better brand? More durable?
I have a old case that survived years of travel plus Canadian summer and winter in my car...
Oct 17, 2006
227 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
RobertRabbit wrote: Is Pelican a better brand? More durable?
I have a old case that survived years of travel plus Canadian summer and winter in my car...
Just as good as Pelican, but Canadian made and cheaper prices. I have many Pelican cases and recently have been buying Nanuk without any regrets.
Oct 20, 2013
974 posts
331 upvotes
Chambly, QC
93mm height.
A little to small for a DSLR I think. Too bad.
Oct 26, 2011
92 posts
214 upvotes
Vancouver
fury165 wrote: Just as good as Pelican, but Canadian made and cheaper prices. I have many Pelican cases and recently have been buying Nanuk without any regrets.
The prices are not necessarily cheaper, but in my opinion, the quality and features are much better than Pelican. Primarily, the clasps are a better design. If you want to know more, search my comment history and I give a bunch of reasons why Nanuk are better than Pelican.
Dec 2, 2014
359 posts
304 upvotes
Calgary, AB
i put my phone and wallet in these when i got to the beach for swimming. i attach a rope to it tied to my waist and drag it while i swim and play around the waves Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2136 posts
752 upvotes
EDMONTON
With the 910's I was able to fit in my Canon 6D, Tamron 15-30, Tamron 24-70, and a couple extra batteries. So it's become my wide lens kit.

In my other 910's, I put a skywatcher star tracker, for when I go out to do astrophotography.

And the larger 935s I just use as a general camera storage for my extra lens and accessories.

The color graphite is my favorite.
RFD Etiquette:
- If you are going to shoot down a deal by referencing an expired sale or past deals, please provide us with a working time machine!