• Nov 30th, 2020 9:14 am
[OP]
Jul 14, 2019
15 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] Neato Robotics Botvac D4 $299.99

Amazon has the Neato D4 for 299.99.

Bestbuy flyers has it for the same price but starting on the 22nd.

Bestbuy has it for the same price now too https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ne ... k/13453663

From my research it looks like the one of the best cheap ones with mapping and virtual no go lines.
Bonus points for being an american company
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 19th, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
110 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12094 posts
11011 upvotes
All Dx Connected series Botvac has no-go line support after firmware upgrade. The latest firmware is 4.5.3-189.
D3 and D4 do not have side brush.
D4 may have the lower capacity Li-Ion battery in order to lower the selling price.
Check the battery comes with D4.
If it is flat, it is a lower capacity battery.
If it is triangular shape, it is a high capacity battery.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1049 posts
486 upvotes
Bought this for $350 a month ago.

I guess I'm buying this one too, and returning with the old receipt

Great vacuum. Has no problems getting over my 1in exercise mats.
May 15, 2010
13 posts
2 upvotes
I've been looking for a mapping (laser, camera or gyroscope) robot vacuum for a while now and this is the cheapest (and only) laser/lidar vacuum I've seen under $400. If you have a complicated floor situation then this is probably a no brainer. Ordered one from Amazon and I'll probably return my unopened iLife A9 (camera only model).
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14652 posts
2324 upvotes
Toronto
This is the cheapest Lidar vacuum I have ever seen. Very good deal!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2176 posts
667 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
So this thing maps the area? My roomba is useless on my first floor... Just bounces around making noise more or less.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3245 posts
4403 upvotes
BC
Think this is good for pet hair? Anyone own this brand or model able to comment?
Jan 25, 2010
43 posts
16 upvotes
Southern Ontario
This or wait for the new Wyze Robot Vacuum (also lidar)?
[OP]
Jul 14, 2019
15 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
iddqd85 wrote: So this thing maps the area? My roomba is useless on my first floor... Just bounces around making noise more or less.
My understanding is since it maps the area, it cleans rows instead of randomly bouncing and can better navigate between rooms.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12094 posts
11011 upvotes
lamckalex wrote: My understanding is since it maps the area, it cleans rows instead of randomly bouncing and can better navigate between rooms.
Any dirt left behind will be pickup during next cleaning mission. That is the only drawback of a navigation type robot.
The older Roomba model, which randomly bounce around, may not get all spot in each run.
Nothing is perfect. Just get the better one.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2947 posts
1117 upvotes
Lethbridge
I wonder if you can price match Bed Bath and use a 20% coupon...?

Just did research looks like its price match or coupon - Whichever is best price... Booerns.
Last edited by Pauly Boy on Nov 19th, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 9, 2006
421 posts
35 upvotes
Pauly Boy wrote: I wonder if you can price match Bed Bath and use a 20% coupon...?
where's the 20% coupon. I'm game to try
Apr 27, 2007
311 posts
305 upvotes
FightCanada wrote: where's the 20% coupon. I'm game to try
Assume that is the email subscribe 20% coupon they give out or the one they mail out. They end one out every month-ish. Free to sign up with email and takes a day or so for them to email the coupon.
IG @sickickschik
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12094 posts
11011 upvotes
Pauly Boy wrote: I wonder if you can price match Bed Bath and use a 20% coupon...?

Just did research looks like its price match or coupon - Whichever is best price... Booerns.
T&C says no on price match.

Details and Exclusions
Copies not accepted.
Limit one coupon, Savings Certificate, special offer or discount per item; cannot be combined with a price match.
Coupon valid for one use only; electronic copies of physical coupons are treated as one coupon.
Any return of purchase will reduce your savings proportionately.
The costs of shipping or delivery, taxes or gift cards are not counted toward any minimum purchase required, and coupon cannot be applied to such items.
Not valid for wholesale, final sale or resale purchases: No discounts or other offers can be applied to payment of membership program fees.
Company reserves the right to limit quantities.
Valid only in Canada
Offer excludes the following: AS IS, Baby Jogger™, Babyletto™, BABYZEN™, Belkin WeMo, Bliss Lights, BOB®, Breville® Oracle™, Britax®, Bugaboo®, Carter’s by DaVinci, clek®, Cybex® Platinum, DaVinci™, Dimond, Diono®, Dyson, Ember Brands, George Kovacs®, Gillette Heated Razor, Google Nest, Graco® 4Ever® Car Seats, HALO® Bassinest®, iComfort®, Infant Optics, Instant Pot/Instant Brands®, iRobot – Roomba Vacuums and Braava Mops, kate spade new york, KitchenAid small appliances, Lumi by Pampers, Magnolia Home, Maxi-Cosi®, Medela, Metropolitan®, Miele®, Million Dollar Baby Classic™, Mima®, Minka-Aire®, Minka Lavery, Motherhood Maternity®, Nanit, Napolean Grills, Nautica®, Nuna®, Nursery Works™, Nutrimill, Owlet, Peg Pérego, Quinny®, Quoizel, Ring, Silver Cross, simplehuman®, Stokke LLC, S’Well Brands, Tempur-Pedic® Mattresses, Thule®, Ubabub, UGG®, UPPAbaby®, Vitamix®, Whirlpool Canada LP/CA, Wüsthof®, baby food diapers, formula, wipes, portrait studio services or power tools.
[OMNBBC124509]
Jul 8, 2018
39 posts
28 upvotes
GTA
I was interested in this but a lot of the Amazon reviews suggest many of the units are defective. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
Oct 14, 2017
902 posts
948 upvotes

Some really good reviews on this one. This video in particular has good details. Looks like it's a good vacuum esp for the price. What I don't like is that you can't highlight a small area for adhoc vacuum which you can do so with the Roborock S5/S6.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12094 posts
11011 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote:
Some really good reviews on this one. This video in particular has good details. Looks like it's a good vacuum esp for the price. What I don't like is that you can't highlight a small area for adhoc vacuum which you can do so with the Roborock S5/S6.
Yes, all Neato models, including, Dx connected series robots support spot cleaning function. Press the start button twice on your D4 to start spot cleaning. Press once for whole house cleaning. Also from your phone app.