Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] NES Classic Edition mini - $79.99 (Prime members only)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2018 6:36 pm
Dec 9, 2003
254 posts
78 upvotes
Dead on amazon, BB stock in GTA for reserve in store looks ok
Nov 23, 2016
67 posts
33 upvotes
sumtimw0ng wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 11:13 am
Wonder if SDM received them. Would totally get it from there just for points
They do, ask someone if it's not on display. My shoppers had a bunch in the back room. Picked one up on a recent seniors day. Worked out to like 46$ after tax with promos.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1028 posts
499 upvotes
Calgary
sumtimw0ng wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 11:13 am
Wonder if SDM received them. Would totally get it from there just for points
I bought mine at SDM the day it was “re released” a few months ago. Had an offer in the app for PC points that weekend so it worked out nicely.
Aug 28, 2011
106 posts
32 upvotes
CALGARY
Amazon sucks. There is no such thing as a hot deal there. Prime day was a joke. Thought I’d get a fire tablet.....amazon cancelled it on me JUST last week. Prime membership has been terminated. Screw you amazon.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4036 posts
1361 upvotes
Oos close thread
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13360 posts
3637 upvotes
Montreal
What's the big deal, there are stacks at the local Walmart and Best Buy.
FourDollarama Shut Down My RFD Customer Experience Thread!
Mar 4, 2007
476 posts
366 upvotes
Halifax
drpepper1 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 12:19 pm
Amazon sucks. There is no such thing as a hot deal there. Prime day was a joke. Thought I’d get a fire tablet.....amazon cancelled it on me JUST last week. Prime membership has been terminated. Screw you amazon.
I'm sure Jeff Bezos will be crying himself to sleep on his billions of dollars
Mar 4, 2007
476 posts
366 upvotes
Halifax
JackWhyte wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 12:26 pm
Best buy currently sold out online so........no.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1876 posts
1429 upvotes
Zeev20 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 10:15 am
I think its the fact that NES Classic is still hard to find?
It's not.
fonzy35 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 10:47 am
It's a hot deal because of it's rare availability..

It's been approved by the mods many time..
It's nowhere near "rare", or there would be a resell market for this the same way the first release had. Yes, unfortunately the mods have for some reason allowed a billion S/NES stock threads to be created constantly for a consistantly restocked at various retailers regular MSRP item.
JackWhyte wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 12:26 pm
I see them all the time at locations for those two retailers as well as at EB.
cheruboo wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 12:35 pm
Best buy currently sold out online so........no.
So what? He said local and they're always around in stock at local retailer locations unless you live in Nunavut or Yukon or something like some member argued in another thread. Just because it's "rare" in Nunavut doesn't mean it's really rare. It's because you live in Nunavut.
Red_Army wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 10:23 am
I’ve been over this many times with others as well. People seem to think it’s a hot deal because of availability.

One of my peeves is people posting anything and everything in the Hot deals forum

This is not the proper forum for Nintendo stock alerts
It is annoying, but usually they don't amount to many threads. S/NES threads have been ridiculous though. At some points, there have been multiple simultaneous threads created and running on the same day. There have been more S/NES threads in Hot Deals than probably all the iPhone/Samsung new phone release threads combined.

Availability for anybody who gets off their behind to check in store instead of only trying to land one online is guaranteed and with minimal effort. Even if stock updates are needed, there is a video game subforum where people who want one should be able to check for threads like these. Yet mods want to spoon feed those people because it's easier for them to see these constant threads in Hot Deals instead. If these people can't be expected to go to the appropriate forum for this, it's no wonder the same people still can't find one when they can literally go to stores not 5 min around them and find them in stock at some point (unless they're in Nunavut). I suggested a master thread be used in Ongoing Hot Deals and one mod moved a thread there, but nobody uses it for updates and mods don't merge new threads that have been created with that one.
Jan 15, 2017
51 posts
93 upvotes
Red_Army wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 8:35 am
The same reason the consoles get sold out so quickly. Re sellers trying to take advantage of lack of supply.

I can’t believe Nintendo still can’t make these systems readily available. There’s obviously a demand for them.
I understand when they do this on launch, but at this point it’s just ridiculous
It's not hard to find. Yesterday I went to bestbuy and Walmart they have lots of them in stock. It's the snes classic that's always gone.
Aug 28, 2011
106 posts
32 upvotes
CALGARY
cheruboo wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 12:35 pm
I'm sure Jeff Bezos will be crying himself to sleep on his billions of dollars
Bezos likely has little to do with it. I never mentioned Bezos. But amazon does suck.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1125 posts
615 upvotes
Land
Oos

I wonder when someone post about the NES Controllers availability when they become in Stock, if it would help or annoyed the retro pie user...lol

Espacially if the NES Controllers are 4X more hard to find in Canada
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4036 posts
1361 upvotes
Jafaking wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 1:39 pm
It's not hard to find. Yesterday I went to bestbuy and Walmart they have lots of them in stock. It's the snes classic that's always gone.
Both are in stock from eb games dot ca
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide