Nespresso Vertuo Next Coffee and Espresso Machine by De'Longhi - $99.00

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2021 11:55 am
[OP]
Dec 21, 2019
28 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] Nespresso Vertuo Next Coffee and Espresso Machine by De'Longhi - $99.00

Is this a good deal? This seems to be a Black Friday price. Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.

Material Plastic
Brand Nespresso
Colour Black with Rose Gold
Item dimensions L x W x H 36.1 x 14 x 30.5 centimeters
Power / Wattage 1500 watts
Voltage 120 Volts
Model name Vertuo Next
Images
  • WX20210423-112339.png
32 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1994 posts
4685 upvotes
Vancouver
thelasthunter wrote: money-pit-image
Much cheaper than buying coffee at a coffee shop though.

I prefer drip coffee and I buy whole bean coffee and grind it, but my wife likes espressos so she uses her Nespresso. It's a good system, especially since you can recycle the pods. It produces good drinks.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3403 posts
3878 upvotes
coolwasabi wrote: Much cheaper than buying coffee at a coffee shop though.

I prefer drip coffee and I buy whole bean coffee and grind it, but my wife likes espressos so she uses her Nespresso. It's a good system, especially since you can recycle the pods. It produces good drinks.

I've had a number of Nespresso models over the years, including this one, so I know them thoroughly. Basically, the price of the cheapest Vertuo pods - gram for gram - is on par with a quality local roaster. The ease/speed is nice, the quality is way better than k-cups but still not as good as a proper espresso machine with good beans. That said, if anyone wants the all-new Nespresso Lattissima One Espresso Machine (brand new/sealed), please PM me.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4642 posts
7173 upvotes
BC
thelasthunter wrote: I've had a number of Nespresso models over the years, including this one, so I know them thoroughly. Basically, the price of the cheapest Vertuo pods - gram for gram - is on par with a quality local roaster. The ease/speed is nice, the quality is way better than k-cups but still not as good as a proper espresso machine with good beans. That said, if anyone wants the all-new Nespresso Lattissima One Espresso Machine (brand new/sealed), please PM me.
I've been using a refillable pod like this to make coffee every morning and it works pretty well.

https://www.amazon.ca/CAPMESSO-Stainles ... 788&sr=8-5
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4642 posts
7173 upvotes
BC
runnersgambit wrote: Does this work with next?
Sorry can't confirm, don't know what the differences are with the next model. I've been using it with the vertuo chrome from that last Nespresso deal on RFD.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3403 posts
3878 upvotes

Everything is cheaper than buying coffee in a store, it's not such a good comparison. The quality is competant but still not as good as most espresso machines, which are admittedly more expensive. Ground coffee, even when kept air sealed in an aluminum pod, will always be blander than a good quality freshly roasted bean. Also, the foam that the Aeroccino produces is nowhere near as dense as it should be so capps suffer a bit, but probably okay for most. The pods are okay in price, comparable to whole bean coffee at a local roaster, especially if you buy over $100 and get free shipping.
For Sale:
Feb 6, 2010
275 posts
55 upvotes
Just an FYI for those who are considering buying off the website because the retail stores may not have the colour you want (ex: matte black). The $25 credit is applied in the checkout once you add it to the cart along with the Mother's Day discount.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1192 posts
624 upvotes
I find the Vertuo Next very noisy compared to the Vertuo plus.
Sep 7, 2014
930 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto
Do i need this if i already have the original which is 5 yrs old?
Jan 22, 2021
204 posts
93 upvotes
GTA

Nespresso Original line machine produce "espresso like" coffee. It is very good system when we are talking about coffee from capsules.
Nespresso Vertuo line machine is another thing. It produces coffee without pressure and that coffee tastes for me like drip coffee. Not the best option for such coffee.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)