• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2021 12:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1020 posts
862 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] NETGEAR 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS316) - $55

This 16-port switch is down to its regular sale price of $55 according the 3C's. It's not at its ATL of $40 but this is a good price for a 6-port switch.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 4th, 2021 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated title
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3315 posts
647 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bought this at the sale price of $39.99, first one was causing havoc with my IP Camera system (some cameras are just dropping out)... they sent me a replacement (after return), the 2nd one just didn't find some of my cameras... so I returned it... I've replaced it with a DLINK 16-port refurbished from Walmart, and no problems...

I have no problems with Netgear 5 or 8-ports though... Don't really know why these 16-ports don't work in my network as it is a dumb switch so it shouldn't be an issue in the first place...
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3054 posts
569 upvotes
Mississauga
Does anybody know what the difference is between this model and their ProSafe series switches? I've always thought the ProSafe models were generally the "go to" for consumer switches.
Oct 2, 2011
116 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
khulit wrote: Bought this at the sale price of $39.99, first one was causing havoc with my IP Camera system (some cameras are just dropping out)... they sent me a replacement (after return), the 2nd one just didn't find some of my cameras... so I returned it... I've replaced it with a DLINK 16-port refurbished from Walmart, and no problems...

I have no problems with Netgear 5 or 8-ports though... Don't really know why these 16-ports don't work in my network as it is a dumb switch so it shouldn't be an issue in the first place...
$40 for this switch is steal. I wish I can get that at that price
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3315 posts
647 upvotes
Winnipeg
kobemtl wrote: $40 for this switch is steal. I wish I can get that at that price
Only if it works... I've had lots of different switches, even cheap no-name ones... this is the only model I've had issues with, so even if it's free, I would've returned it as it doesn't work...

Looking at the 1 star reviews, you will see some people having issues with it.. maybe it depends on the kind of network you have or if it's heavy bandwidth, but if you have lots of network devices, I don't recommend this model..