Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] NETGEAR AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender + Extra Outlet (EX3800-100NAS) for $40.88

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 11:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
1806 posts
306 upvotes
Mississauga

[Amazon.ca] NETGEAR AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender + Extra Outlet (EX3800-100NAS) for $40.88

Was looking for an wifi ac extender that supports 5.0ghz. Found this Netgear one on amazon. I think its the cheapest one I have found. Support wifi a/g/n/ac and 2.4ghz & 5.0ghz. Has an outlet bypass so it doesn't use up that outlet. One bummer is the ethernet port is 10/100. These go for much more elsewhere. make sure you install the hot fix firmware on their website

Here is the datasheet
11 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1576 posts
747 upvotes
Thanks OP...grabbed one for extending my internet to the neighbors house...it is about the width of 2 driveways...so I think it should work..
What dancing banana ?
Nov 26, 2017
38 posts
51 upvotes
Edmonton
It was only $27.40 on Dec.8th... May be worth waiting a bit for a Boxing Day sale. Good wi-fi extender by all means.
"Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time"
Terry Pratchett
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9131 posts
1809 upvotes
Winnipeg
wait its only a 433 ac extender. you should really use only 2x2 ac1200 min for better effect.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
1806 posts
306 upvotes
Mississauga
Yeah it was then went up to $30.40 then at $32.49, which is the price I got it at. It might go further up because they go for $60-80 elsewhere, that's why I posted. Even if goes down amazon will refund the difference within 30days, which they did on another item I bought.
Reynart wrote: It was only $27.40 on Dec.8th... May be worth waiting a bit for a Boxing Day sale. Good wi-fi extender by all means.
Nov 26, 2017
38 posts
51 upvotes
Edmonton
cheystar wrote: Yeah it was then went up to $30.40 then at $32.49, which is the price I got it at. It might go further up because they go for $60-80 elsewhere, that's why I posted. Even if goes down amazon will refund the difference within 30days, which they did on another item I bought.
Good point. Up voted.
"Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time"
Terry Pratchett
Oct 30, 2013
96 posts
58 upvotes
Edmonton
cheystar wrote: Yeah it was then went up to $30.40 then at $32.49, which is the price I got it at. It might go further up because they go for $60-80 elsewhere, that's why I posted. Even if goes down amazon will refund the difference within 30days, which they did on another item I bought.
Does Amazon still do that? Beginning at about September 2016, they started telling me that they don't do that anymore and told me to return the item and buy the new one at the cheaper price. I've tried it a handful of times since then, same thing. I haven't tried it in a while, though. It would be great if they had started doing it again, returning an item is an inconvenience (a small inconvenience, but an inconvenience nonetheless).
Jul 13, 2008
18754 posts
3122 upvotes
GTA
pmnguyen wrote: Does Amazon still do that? Beginning at about September 2016, they started telling me that they don't do that anymore and told me to return the item and buy the new one at the cheaper price. I've tried it a handful of times since then, same thing. I haven't tried it in a while, though. It would be great if they had started doing it again, returning an item is an inconvenience (a small inconvenience, but an inconvenience nonetheless).
You're correct. They don't do price adjustments and I don't know if they ever actually did. Either way, it's frustrating to have to reorder stuff because of this.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
1806 posts
306 upvotes
Mississauga
Last week, I had called in about a multiplug that I bought that dropped down in price by $10. The customer service rep I spoke to just refunded $10+tax, was asked if I wanted as a gift card or to credit card. I chose giftcard as I was getting something else. So they did it, don't know if it was just my case as can't find it anywhere in their policy.
KC108 wrote: You're correct. They don't do price adjustments and I don't know if they ever actually did. Either way, it's frustrating to have to reorder stuff because of this.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3328 posts
755 upvotes
Brookside05 wrote: Are these things really that effective?

I want to "mesh" my home but the price on Google’s offering and the like just disappoints me.
Mesh are tri-band I.E they have a dedicated 5ghz band the devices use to talk to each other and provide you with full bandwidth on the other bands. A range extender just repeats what it hears from the main AP, except just louder which is why they you get half the bandwidth.