Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] NETGEAR GSS108E 8-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Click Switch | ProSAFE Lifetime Protection $47.73

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9831 posts
5858 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] NETGEAR GSS108E 8-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Click Switch | ProSAFE Lifetime Protection $47.73

8-port, gigabit, managed.

GSS108E datasheet:
https://www.netgear.com/images/datashee ... 16E_DS.pdf
30 replies
Jr. Member
Aug 20, 2018
140 posts
483 upvotes
Looks like a good deal! I’m looking for more ports, so will have to keep searching.

Of note, it’s disgusting that this seller has the 24 port non-poe version of this with a picture of the poe version. They also have a note about charging on returns. Even though the op has found a good price (IMO) the seller does make me think it’s best avoided...
Sr. Member
Aug 19, 2012
909 posts
136 upvotes
what is difference between managed and non managed?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
3591 posts
2145 upvotes
Toronto
derrickrose wrote: what is difference between managed and non managed?
unmanaged is plug in and go

managed means the device has an internal operating system you can log into and issue commands to program the ports and/or features of the switch
Sr. Member
Aug 19, 2012
909 posts
136 upvotes
chadw01 wrote: unmanaged is plug in and go

managed means the device has an internal operating system you can log into and issue commands to program the ports and/or features of the switch
Is it possible to limit speeds and create two different networks (guest and regular for example)
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 1, 2008
130 posts
145 upvotes
Calgary
Wesleyat wrote: Looks like a good deal! I’m looking for more ports, so will have to keep searching.

Of note, it’s disgusting that this seller has the 24 port non-poe version of this with a picture of the poe version. They also have a note about charging on returns. Even though the op has found a good price (IMO) the seller does make me think it’s best avoided...
If you're looking for a 16 port non-managed switch, Amazon.ca is selling for $39.99+tax - Amazon.ca

Just posted about it. If that's not what you're looking for, just ignore. :)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
3591 posts
2145 upvotes
Toronto
derrickrose wrote: Is it possible to limit speeds and create two different networks (guest and regular for example)
depends on the device and what it supports

not sure about this one, but typically switches that are manageable do allow port speed and duplex to be set individually on each switch port, and yes, you can segregate networks by creating vlans and trunking ports

keep in mind that the more features you need, the more powerful the switch and more expensive it usually is sells for

not sure something in this price range would suffice but it might
Jr. Member
Aug 20, 2018
140 posts
483 upvotes
DakineMan wrote: If you're looking for a 16 port non-managed switch, Amazon.ca is selling for $39.99+tax - Amazon.ca

Just posted about it. If that's not what you're looking for, just ignore. :)

Thank you!! I did order that one haha! Only need non managed right now.. especially at that price!!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12961 upvotes
derrickrose wrote: what is difference between managed and non managed?
The best feature of managed is to allow for "virtual" networks.
derrickrose wrote: Is it possible to limit speeds and create two different networks (guest and regular for example)
Yup. I'm not 100% sure this has speed limiting but you can certainly create VLANs.
Member
Sep 6, 2011
226 posts
21 upvotes
Oakville
DakineMan wrote: If you're looking for a 16 port non-managed switch, Amazon.ca is selling for $39.99+tax - Amazon.ca

Just posted about it. If that's not what you're looking for, just ignore. :)
I see $ 97.81 , deal is dead?
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
1579 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
Still showing 47$ for me.

Top