Amazon.ca

NETGEAR Orbi Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 (RBK752) – Router with 1 Satellite $329.99 ATL

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2022 8:46 pm
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
532 posts
1895 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] NETGEAR Orbi Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 (RBK752) – Router with 1 Satellite $329.99 ATL

- company based in USA
- tri-band and wifi 6
- ax4200, up to 4.2 Gbps connection speed
- 4 gigabit ethernet ports on router and 2 on satellite

$339.99 ATL sold by Amazon, prime eligible
Last edited by Bostic on Jul 7th, 2022 3:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
Thread Summary
Looking to upgrade your WiFi? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best mesh routers!
69 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1211 posts
1110 upvotes
Mississauga
Bostic wrote: - company based in USA
- tri-band and wifi 6
- ax4200, up to 4.2 Gbps connection speed
- 4 gigabit ethernet ports on router and 2 on satellite

$399.99 sold by Amazon, prime eligible
Same price at Bestbuy.ca
Telus $30/25gb x 3 lines, 200 LD Can/US minutes, 2000 LD minutes to India, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text ($0), $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
Rogers $46.99 - Legacy Gigabit internet
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
532 posts
1895 upvotes
From my experience, I got nearly no loss in wifi speed within 4000 ft from this setup with wireless backhaul. I switched from tp link after experiencing and reading on their privacy sharing practice. YMMV.

Didn't get a good return experience from Bestbuy, for what it's worth. No issue with return to Amazon if absolutely necessary ever.
Apr 13, 2022
5 posts
1 upvote
AB
This is interesting, I am hearing everywhere that WIFI6 is really good but is it good for gaming and getting low latency like you were wired? I want to jump no this!
May 10, 2010
785 posts
1152 upvotes
Kenora
How well does this actually work? I have my modem/router and an extender from my ISP (TbayTel) and it works, but I don't get the speeds I'm expecting. Everything seems to default to the 2.4Ghz band and I don't want to have two SSID's just for 2.4 and 5Ghz networks.

The modem is in the basement, and the extender is on the main floor. Sitting right above the router I only get ~750Mbit connection from my desktop. The range of the extender isn't that great. I don't get a very good signal when I'm out on my front driveway. The main floor isn't that big either (~970sqft)

I've had Asus routers for a long time and like them, but looking for something with Wifi6 and good range.

Does DLink have the same amount of control that you'd find on Asus routers, or are they all kinda dumbed down kid friendly UI's?

I noticed on the product description the Wifi speed is uptp 4.2Gbps (yes I know it'll never actually hit that) But it seems that it's only a 1800Mbps max speed on the 2.4+5Ghz bands and it's a 2400Mbps backhaul only.

Kind of misleading...

Capture.JPG
Last edited by poopdedoop on Apr 14th, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2009
1221 posts
1229 upvotes
I am using TP LINK DECO X60 (3 points, one one each floor). I heard about privacy issues but so far it is working good. Those who want to save money can keep an eye on Amazon warehouse sale for used or returned, I got the 3 pack X60 for $260 plus tax.
May 10, 2010
785 posts
1152 upvotes
Kenora
I see the ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 is on for $479 (so $100 off) I know it's still more expensive than the one OP posted, but does anyone have any comparisons between the two?
Jan 4, 2013
159 posts
121 upvotes
RICHMOND
poopdedoop wrote: I see the ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 is on for $479 (so $100 off) I know it's still more expensive than the one OP posted, but does anyone have any comparisons between the two?
Don't have any direct comparisons, but have an older Netgear orbi setup and the thing can be supper buggy at times. I'll even have randome.drops.even when next to the satellite. From what I read, you can't go wrong with Asus. Wire cutter has rated the xt8 as their mesh wifi pick
https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/revi ... -kits/amp/
Dec 15, 2017
993 posts
1481 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP but I decided on getting the Asus XT8 (white colour) that is on-sale for $479.99 and I went with the option to pick it up at my post office near home to get an additional $7.00 off using code "TRYPICKUP7" since the product is sold and shipped by Amazon. I also had some gift cards to knock off another $75.

EDIT:
I tried stacking the $7.00 pick up in-store discount on top of the one-time $5.00 Amazon Prime membership incentive discount (got this when signing my wife's account up for 30-days free Prime trial) and it didn't work. You can only have one or the other.
Images
  • Amazon.png
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
532 posts
1895 upvotes
I was deeply interested in the Asus but decided to go with this instead in fear of upcoming wifi 6e model will convince me to upgrade. Even though the difference is only $80 dollar (about $90.5 with tax), every little bit count if you plan on upgrading to wifi 6e sooner than later.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3333 posts
391 upvotes
Mississauga
neonic wrote: If I'm looking to spend $400 on Wifi 6 mesh, I'd probably consider paying a bit more and go with XT8 (also on sale) instead: https://www.amazon.ca/ZenWiFi-AX-Whole- ... 08667CLV6/
rfdlurkerguy wrote: Thanks been eyeing the xt8 for a while, this may give me that extra push to make the purchase
QuickFingers wrote: Thanks OP but I decided on getting the Asus XT8 (white colour) that is on-sale for $479.99 and I went with the option to pick it up at my post office near home to get an additional $7.00 off using code "TRYPICKUP7" since the product is sold and shipped by Amazon. I also had some gift cards to knock off another $75.

EDIT:
I tried stacking the $7.00 pick up in-store discount on top of the one-time $5.00 Amazon Prime membership incentive discount (got this when signing my wife's account up for 30-days free Prime trial) and it didn't work. You can only have one or the other.

Stupid question: I'm looking at photos of the Amazon listing of the XT8.... Do both XT8 units come with Ethernet ports? I'll be placing these one in the basement and one upstairs, and I need to plugin devices at both locations.
Jun 24, 2019
74 posts
125 upvotes
I have always loved Asus routers so i jumped on XT8 when it first came out couple years ago. Super buggy and i encountered constant wifi signal drops. Tried every trick in the book but couldnt get stable connection. Speeds were amazing but would get drops every 15-20 mins for 1-2 seconds. Super annoying when on video calls or VPN connections.

Then i switched to this Netgear Orbi. Stable wifi, no drops, basically set up and forget. I miss the options and configs i had with Asus but stability is most important to me.

Let me know if things have now inproved for XT8 and i might consider trying it one more time
Last edited by Limprules on Apr 15th, 2022 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 24, 2019
74 posts
125 upvotes
bk2the6ix wrote: Stupid question: I'm looking at photos of the Amazon listing of the XT8.... Do both XT8 units come with Ethernet ports? I'll be placing these one in the basement and one upstairs, and I need to plugin devices at both locations.
Yes both units have ethernet ports for sure, cant remember how many though as i no longer have the units
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
13901 posts
17312 upvotes
Toronto
bk2the6ix wrote:
Stupid question: I'm looking at photos of the Amazon listing of the XT8.... Do both XT8 units come with Ethernet ports? I'll be placing these one in the basement and one upstairs, and I need to plugin devices at both locations.
Limprules wrote: Yes both units have ethernet ports for sure, cant remember how many though as i no longer have the units
From ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Tech Specs page
https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Networking-I ... /techspec/

Ports
  • RJ45 for 2.5G BaseT for WAN x 1
  • RJ45 for Gigabits BaseT for LAN x 3
  • USB 3.1 Gen 1 x 1
Destiny is all
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6236 posts
4101 upvotes
SW ON
rfdlurkerguy wrote: Don't have any direct comparisons, but have an older Netgear orbi setup and the thing can be supper buggy at times. I'll even have randome.drops.even when next to the satellite. From what I read, you can't go wrong with Asus. Wire cutter has rated the xt8 as their mesh wifi pick
https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/revi ... -kits/amp/
Somehow reviews for the Asus are not good.
Apr 20, 2008
529 posts
418 upvotes
Limprules wrote: Yes both units have ethernet ports for sure, cant remember how many though as i no longer have the units
Did you upgrade or just going with a different brand? If so, why did you move away from the xt8?
Aug 23, 2020
143 posts
237 upvotes
I grabbed ASUS ZenWiFi XD6 AX5400 Wireless Dual-Band Gigabit Mesh Wi-Fi System (White, 2-Pack) from B&H photo when it was on sale a few weeks $299.00 usd…and it has been excellent thus far. The coverage is tremendous and speeds have been excellent.

Keep an eye on B&H PHOTO…even with exchange and duties I still saved close to $100.
Dec 15, 2017
993 posts
1481 upvotes
Vancouver
alpovs wrote: Somehow reviews for the Asus are not good.
Did you read the entire review? What part that makes it not good? You can do a Google search to read about the problems from a year ago and some people will say that their problems was fixed with a firmware upgrade.

Who knows, I am just going to try this as everything checks out on paper for me. WiFi 6 is so draft (WiFi 6E will be better) that if you have a mix of WiFi 5 and WiFi 6 devices in your home then things can be intermittently or chronically annoying when retaining a WiFi connection. I know this from experience when I upgrade all my WiFi 5 routers to WiFi 6 routers (one router in router mode, 2 others in AP mode) and I had slow internet speeds at random times or disconnections. I hope going to a true mesh setup versus how I was creating one network (wired backhauled) with multiple WiFi access points would fulfill my needs. For now, I had to revert my setup back to all WiFi 5 routers/APs.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)