Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Nextzett Kristall Klar Washer Fluid Concentrate $4.48 (68% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2021 5:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2938 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] Nextzett Kristall Klar Washer Fluid Concentrate $4.48 (68% off)

Original price is $14.06, now only $4.48. This is a fantastic deal. I have been using this concentrate for the last 4 years and still on my original bottle. I mix it with distilled water and find it pretty good. It says it’s a green product and the seals around my windshield still look good. Remember this doesn’t contain anti-freeze, so you need to use a winter blend when it gets cold. Nextzett also sell a winter formula, but it’s expensive.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2006
3700 posts
1207 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Love this stuff
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2490 posts
1809 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Huh. This is actually very smart.

There’s a formula for winter mix on the page.
Mar 25, 2006
282 posts
179 upvotes
i don't know if this thing was the culprit or not but after I started using this, white slime began to build up in my washer tank. Maybe just a coincidence...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2938 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
caltran wrote: Huh. This is actually very smart.

There’s a formula for winter mix on the page.
I never tried adding alcohol as an anti-freeze. Would love to know how effective it is.
schlouf wrote: i don't know if this thing was the culprit or not but after I started using this, white slime began to build up in my washer tank. Maybe just a coincidence...
Have you reached out to the seller on Amazon? Personally never had this happen to me. I live in Vancouver where the water is pretty soft. But I still mix with distilled water.
Mar 22, 2013
167 posts
192 upvotes
BC
I like this product, but buyer beware. If you have a light color car, this stuff leaves behind unsightly green stains.

I've never seen normal washer fluid leave pink/orange/yellow stains.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1779 posts
1020 upvotes
Montreal
I add methanol to the distilled water and washer concentrate for winter months. Half water half methanol. You can buy some on Grainger.ca
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2490 posts
1809 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
samm wrote: I never tried adding alcohol as an anti-freeze. Would love to know how effective it is.
Three guesses what they use in regular windshield washer fluid…
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20173 posts
8226 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I won't bother with washer fluid that can freeze... we don't drive much at all so I know inevitably one day I'll forget to purge the freezable stuff in the fall and replace it. Not interested in mixing my own concoction to save a couple dollars either. :)
Last edited by BinaryJay on Aug 31st, 2021 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 23, 2017
434 posts
565 upvotes
Toronto
Haven't heard of this product before but love the idea. Not only being cheaper, one bottle of this is a dozen big plastic ones out of the garbage system.
Jun 18, 2005
354 posts
1325 upvotes
Shit that's cheap. I've been using this stuff for years and it's awesome summer fluid. Just fill your spare jug with water first then add your ounce of KK or you'll have a F-load of suds.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2051 posts
5170 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks. Will give this a try.
Can I use tap water? I live in Vancouver and our water is soft.
Jun 18, 2005
354 posts
1325 upvotes
"Our windshield washer fluids were formulated to be easy to use and convenient. This is especially the case at automotive factories and dealerships where tap water is easily accessible. For this reason, we've formulated both washer fluids to work best when mixed with regular tap water. The only exception to this is if you only have access to well water. Kristall Klar and Anti-Frost Washer Fluid both contain water conditioners to soften hard water. If they are mixed with distilled water, the washer fluid mixture will foam excessively and cause smearing hindering optimum performance. So keep it simple and convenient and use good ole tap water. If you have well water, mix in some distilled water but make sure the water remains slightly hard for best cleaning performance."

I'd say the same goes for softened water. Use a bit less to avoid foaming and smearing.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2065 posts
3994 upvotes
This ain't no green product, in fact this is harmful to the environment and is toxic. Can cause skin irritation and can cause serious eye injury. Also harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. All mentioned on the back of the bottle but has no WHMIS symbols or warning symbols on it. Be careful when handling this. Much rather just get a $2 bottle from Walmart that's already premixed and winter ready.
Fido 20GB $35