[Amazon.ca] NHL 20 - PS4 - $9.96

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2021 10:12 pm
Tags:
Nov 19, 2014
199 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ManCaveGamer wrote: Good deal, considering the newer NHL 21 is not much different from NHL 20

if you have two controllers, every canadian should have this game in their library when friends are over
I love hockey. This series is clunky and boring to play. The definition of minimal effort. Better sports games to play with friends like FIFA
Apr 11, 2017
73 posts
50 upvotes
The switch to James Cybulski as PBP was one of the worst choices and kills the presentation for me.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14348 posts
8746 upvotes
Toronto
andjuly wrote: The switch to James Cybulski as PBP was one of the worst choices and kills the presentation for me.
what? lol, dude can't stick a job on tsn the drive at 5 with macko and wheeler but gets colour commentary for nhl game?

lmfao!

Thanks OP, great price but I have EA access with xbox. Still a smoking deal.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 26, 2019
6 posts
2 upvotes
Spinnyminny wrote: Does this have NHL 94 mode? If so, IM IN!
Do you mean the full Nhl 94 game with actual rosters and not just the 94 controller settings?

If so, no, it's only in Nhl 21, it was as bonus for those who preordered the game, but now you can have it as part of a digital bundle, or you can buy it after you install the base game if I'm not mistaken, kind of like a DLC.
Jul 7, 2005
167 posts
79 upvotes
Thornhill
Fred2d2 wrote: Do you mean the full Nhl 94 game with actual rosters and not just the 94 controller settings?

If so, no, it's only in Nhl 21, it was as bonus for those who preordered the game, but now you can have it as part of a digital bundle, or you can buy it after you install the base game if I'm not mistaken, kind of like a DLC.
I believe he means a top down classic view!
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2250 posts
2090 upvotes
Whitby
Sports game am I right? I don't even install the free ones anymore.
Dec 20, 2006
436 posts
225 upvotes
You can select different control options in NHL 21 with one of them being called 'NHL 94' which mimics the control scheme of the original (so no more smart stick for passing, shooting, checking, etc). There's also a camera mode that makes it feel more like NHL 94.

However, if you're referring to the actual NHL 94 Rewind game, you can get that by:

1) buying NHL 21 and then buying NHL 94 Rewind which becomes accessible in the menu
2) buying the digital bundle that includes it (I got it with the 'Great 8' edition)
3) buying Game Pass as it is now included after they rolled in EA Access.

Lately I've actually been playing Rewind more than the actual NHL 21 game as I used to play NHL 94 religiously on my Genesis back in the day. I still play NHL 94 via emulation on my Shield (and even have the NHL 2020 ROM that updates the graphics and teams), but NHL Rewind is very convenient and well made. Only big problem is that it uses last year's rosters and you can't update them.
Last edited by ryecatcher on Jan 8th, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3820 posts
2372 upvotes
Vancouver
ManCaveGamer wrote: Good deal, considering the newer NHL 21 is not much different from NHL 20

if you have two controllers, every canadian should have this game in their library when friends are over
Pretty sure they redid be a pro so that it’s similar to nba 2k in the sense you get some cutscene and dialog options.
Feb 24, 2018
410 posts
196 upvotes
Interesting, it costs more to buy a copy of NHL Legacy on PS3 now than a copy of NHL 20 on PS4 lol.

Btw if you do have a PS5 or PS4 and see a game drop to below $10 that you were thinking of getting then snap it up, the game prices on last gen start to fall low but then start to go up again after a while once supply becomes scarcer.
Oct 2, 2019
313 posts
198 upvotes
Don’t bother people the game looks like it’s made for ps2
Jul 13, 2013
902 posts
680 upvotes
dyalect wrote: Sports game am I right? I don't even install the free ones anymore.

It's actually a national homeowners league simulator where you control a set of condos, like Sim City. You're missing out /s
k847848 wrote: Don’t bother people the game looks like it’s made for ps2
I really wanted to disagree with you here but looking at photos of NHL 2K10 (different developer but still it's a decade old now) on PS2, it honestly looks like a high res, upscaled version. The graphics in the NHL series compared to others like Fifa and NBA have long bothered me. The others switched to the Frostbite engine and look way better.

Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2700 posts
836 upvotes
The NHL series used to be favourite but the games have just gotten worse and worse over the years. Barely any improvements year over year and gameplay isn't usually where the game improves.

Take me back 10 years ago.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2006
1795 posts
275 upvotes
North York
I've seen NHL20 for $10 at walmart bins Xbox one and PS4. YMMV.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1296 posts
1180 upvotes
Hongcouver
I see a lot of people bashing the franchise and the Game, and I don't disagree. The past few years have been horrible, but I just happened to received NHL 20 as a gift last year and I bought NHL 21 this year, and I can truly say NHL 21 felt a lot more complete and it is an upgrade from the past 5 years.
Some will likely disagree and say the game is not much difference, but as an everyday player, I felt the difference and I was actually happy with the game this year.....
Just my 2cent, I would get NHL 21 when it goes on sale instead.
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old