Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

NIKON D750 FX Kit + NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens --- Historic Low now: $1,914.00 (...Other retailers $2,400)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2019 11:46 am
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
This is a warm deal for those who shoot Nikon. I don't think i'd choose Nikon as a full frame DSLR system these days though... Canon EF is better as the electronics in those lenses are much more easily adapted to Sony, if you choose to switch later. This also gives Canon lenses a higher resale value.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
scrowe89 wrote: I bought a d750 when it first came out, barely ever use it. Should probably sell it I suppose since its just collecting dust. Great camera, but I can't be bothered lugging around a back pack full of lenses and camera while travelling anymore.
Yeah, sell it as the value of Nikon DSLR dropping fast, the body is already under $1000 on the used market. This is not a great time of year to be selling your gear though with all the Black Friday sales.. Probably better to sell in January / Feb.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Deal dead,. Amazon raised the price by $300 or so.
Nov 30, 2017
20 posts
3 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: This is a warm deal for those who shoot Nikon. I don't think i'd choose Nikon as a full frame DSLR system these days though... Canon EF is better as the electronics in those lenses are much more easily adapted to Sony, if you choose to switch later. This also gives Canon lenses a higher resale value.
If you were buying with the anticipation to switch to Sony down the line, you would probably be better off buying a Sony right now. As time goes on, the lead that Sony has in its mirrorless systems will diminish. I’m currently running with an A7Riii and the d850 and I can honestly say that I prefer the 850 at this point. Mirrorless cameras aren’t great, but they are not for everyone.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Midnight91 wrote: If you were buying with the anticipation to switch to Sony down the line, you would probably be better off buying a Sony right now. As time goes on, the lead that Sony has in its mirrorless systems will diminish. I’m currently running with an A7Riii and the d850 and I can honestly say that I prefer the 850 at this point. Mirrorless cameras aren’t great, but they are not for everyone.
Sony lenses are just way too expensive. Canon 6D and a bunch of cheap great EF lenses for me, for now.

You're using bodies that are $3000+ so you probably don't have the same financial constraints.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1596 posts
541 upvotes
Toronto
savercanuck91 wrote: $2000 bulky camera vs. $900 Pixel 4 XL... Looking forward to the day the camera technology on cellphones can finally kill off the DSLR/solo camera industry, it’s already getting close.
I hope you're not this ignorant when it comes to other things in life
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
I'm not sure if this was a Hot Price, but it was definitely Warm. This price will likely be back by Black Friday.

Keep an eye on this kit on Kijiji, lots of D750s on the resale market and I'm sure there are some great deals.
Oct 12, 2018
255 posts
75 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Kurtz7834 wrote: Yeah, sell it as the value of Nikon DSLR dropping fast, the body is already under $1000 on the used market. This is not a great time of year to be selling your gear though with all the Black Friday sales.. Probably better to sell in January / Feb.
Probably a good idea. I keep telling myself I'll eventually get back into photography since I have so much money invested in it, but haven't touched it in over 2 years. :(
Jan 31, 2015
115 posts
112 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: I'm not sure if this was a Hot Price, but it was definitely Warm. This price will likely be back by Black Friday.

Keep an eye on this kit on Kijiji, lots of D750s on the resale market and I'm sure there are some great deals.
I think it was a hot price. A very good camera with a better than decent lens. That's not bad for under $2000. I invested in lenses first that's why I'm looking body only but if i didnt have lenses I would have jumped on that price.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
scrowe89 wrote: Probably a good idea. I keep telling myself I'll eventually get back into photography since I have so much money invested in it, but haven't touched it in over 2 years. :(
Sell this D750, and get a Sony A6000 for Black Friday, something small and easily carried around but still way better than a cell phone for photos.

Unless you are at least a serious enthusiast, a D750 is way overkill.
Oct 12, 2018
255 posts
75 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Kurtz7834 wrote: Sell this D750, and get a Sony A6000 for Black Friday, something small and easily carried around but still way better than a cell phone for photos.

Unless you are at least a serious enthusiast, a D750 is way overkill.
I used to be. I have a lot of money invested in DSLR lenses, filters, accessiories etc. so I've been having a hard time parting with it all Face With Tears Of Joy
Jul 23, 2009
911 posts
434 upvotes
Ireland
Lol seems like I have triggered a bunch of photography snobs
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
savercanuck91 wrote: Lol seems like I have triggered a bunch of photography snobs
Also seems like you have just made a fool of yourself.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
scrowe89 wrote: I used to be. I have a lot of money invested in DSLR lenses, filters, accessiories etc. so I've been having a hard time parting with it all Face With Tears Of Joy
Well, if you want to try to keep some of your Nikon DSLR lenses, I find a D3200 body (you can get one under $200) and the 35mm f1.8 DX lens is a great small, light setup, that is ready for low light shooting.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)