19 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Ninja Air Fryer - $109.99

It is back on sale and in-stock.
35 replies
Oct 5, 2020
20 posts
16 upvotes
I've been waiting on a air fryer to go on sale, would anyone recommend this or is there better options for the same bargain?
Oct 2, 2019
333 posts
211 upvotes
ThaMacDon wrote: I've been waiting on a air fryer to go on sale, would anyone recommend this or is there better options for the same bargain?
How long can you wait? It’s like the worst time to buy in terms of deals
Nov 22, 2014
42 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
ThaMacDon wrote: I've been waiting on a air fryer to go on sale, would anyone recommend this or is there better options for the same bargain?
I don't know much about air fryers but this seems to have more capacity at a cheaper price - https://www.kitchenstuffplus.com/chefma ... less-steel

There's probably some additional options on the ninja one. I'm looking to buy one too so any advice from air fryer experts would be appreciated.
Sep 22, 2010
269 posts
114 upvotes
Milton
nuvees wrote: It is back on sale and in-stock.
That was fast already back up to $130++
Oct 5, 2020
20 posts
16 upvotes
It's more of a want than need, I figured it would help me transition to eating healthier and save on energy bills instead of using the oven. The deals listed below seem to be pretty good
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7742 posts
1155 upvotes
IMO, at 3.5L this is too small, at least for my needs. If you want to be able and make a whole chicken, you'll need about 7-8 L. I just purchased the one from Costco for less than $100, and at 7.5 it's a good size. Unfortunately, its OOS right now, but it goes in/out of stock

costco-chefman-turbofry-touch-7-5-l-8-q ... 9-2437160/
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4580 posts
1592 upvotes
We have the Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven - 10Qt ... $129.99 at BestBuy.ca (pre-Black Friday 2020).

Large capacity ... and does a great job!
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1628 posts
2386 upvotes
While I can't comment on any better options I received this unit as a gift in the fall of 2018.
With kids in the household the unit is almost used daily. Whole Chicken, home made chicken fingers and home fries being the popular items.

Some people will knock its limited basket size but after a few tries you'll discover ways to work around it.

Price wise its fair however a lot of people will hesitate because these seem to go on sale quite often (IIRC it was 79$ at Costco during the holidays)

Cheers, KH

PS- Don't use it to cook bacon...just don't!
Oct 5, 2020
20 posts
16 upvotes
I'm torn between the chefman and the ninja, only because the ninja has dehydrating capabilities for herbs and food. I will only be cooking for 2 people and mainly vegan meals so the size doesn't bother me too much
Jun 10, 2011
102 posts
29 upvotes
KIRKLAND
It was $89.00 at Costco Canada in December 2019 with delivery. It is a very good fryer. I am happy.
Jun 22, 2009
937 posts
279 upvotes
Kitchener
I noticed that one from Kitchenstuffplus has only 1000W, but twice smaller Ninja from Costco - 1550W. How important it is?

Thanks
eswapnil wrote: I don't know much about air fryers but this seems to have more capacity at a cheaper price - https://www.kitchenstuffplus.com/chefma ... less-steel

There's probably some additional options on the ninja one. I'm looking to buy one too so any advice from air fryer experts would be appreciated.
Слава Україні!
Jun 22, 2009
937 posts
279 upvotes
Kitchener
General question:

We have gas convection range. Will such air fryer do something the range can't?

Thanks
Слава Україні!
Mar 6, 2013
53 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Imo if you plan to cook for more than 1/2 people you need to get the larger 5L
Mar 7, 2011
175 posts
202 upvotes
I definitely think there are better/cheaper options (if you're just looking for an air fryer). Having had the Tfal XXL one previously for ~$50 (lasted 3 years) and having tried out the CORSORI smart/wifi one ) ~$90 (though currently at $145) before deciding to settle on Costco's Gourmia (~$68) one (which I've had for around 6 months now), I have to say that there isn't really a point to getting the more expensive ones. All of them have worked for me just fine, so I can't see any reason to pay more. I have read some reports that this Gourmia will die in around a year, but can't speak to that yet as I haven't had it that long. They've all been pretty evenly heated, though obviously the newer ones are quieter than the older ones. Though the only reason I got rid of my Tfal one was that it stopped working on a certain temperature once. We just adjusted the knob by a few degrees and it was going again, but decided to start shopping around and I ended up selling my Tfal for $35, full disclosure.

All in all, I personally don't think it's worth it to spend >$100 on an air fryer.