• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2022 8:05 pm
[OP]
Apr 20, 2011
3 posts
28 upvotes
TO

[Amazon.ca] Ninja Air Fryer - $99.99 - Lowest Price Since 2019

Picked this one up for $136. Now it looks like it dropped to $99.99. Super happy with this purchase - makes a great alternative to BBQing.
Thread Summary
If you're shopping around, take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best air fryers!
57 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1616 posts
2033 upvotes
it's because air fryer is just an oven with a fan.

Not saying air fryers are bad, i own one and i use it at least 3 times a week. (just made some poutine using the costco poutine kit)
It's just there's no need to spend big money on it, all you need is timer and temperature dials. Cooking modes dont help much because air frying has a lot to do with how food is placed inside which affects ventilation.

I have a Rosewill 5.8QT air fryer from Newegg, paid 60 bucks with free shipping (whenever theres stock in Canada warehouses)

The costco one is also large and cheap.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Nov 19, 2020
90 posts
203 upvotes
As the post above said, stay cheap.
I ended up with the 8qt gormia for $49 have used it 10-15 times works just like any other. Just a heating element with a fan.
May 31, 2019
169 posts
818 upvotes
Prefer to buy a Ninja product over cheap brands that will likely break, at this price there is no question. Thanks OP
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13865 posts
27431 upvotes
For air fryers , get a large one 6-7 quarts or XL . Less cooking possibilities and quantity for an appliance that will take about the same countertop space .
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1616 posts
2033 upvotes
2016YamR6 wrote: Prefer to buy a Ninja product over cheap brands that will likely break, at this price there is no question. Thanks OP
it's highly likely this Ninja and many other cheaper brands are from the same factory, because it's just a heating element with a fan
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
May 25, 2021
39 posts
35 upvotes
What is up with the Air fryer trend? Is it just a small convection oven?
Nov 5, 2021
81 posts
44 upvotes
how is instapot air fryer in comparison to Ninja? any thoughts
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1616 posts
2033 upvotes
CerosMtl wrote: What is up with the Air fryer trend? Is it just a small convection oven?
bigger air flow and slightly different heating element, so heats up faster, but essentially the same.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1616 posts
2033 upvotes
Nishant872 wrote: how is instapot air fryer in comparison to Ninja? any thoughts
just get the costco one.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4525 posts
6874 upvotes
BC
3.8L on this Ninja is tiny, also recommend Costco's gourmia which is 6.7L, added benefit is Costco's return/warranty.

Had an airfryer die after 14 months, took it back to Costco for a refund and picked up the Gourmia for $48. Going to buy most of my appliances there now.
Apr 7, 2021
58 posts
175 upvotes
Costco one is not on sale anymore right?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1616 posts
2033 upvotes
2016YamR6 wrote: Strange assumption to make.

Also flawed logic. Ninjas are the top rated air fryers for a reason. Don’t take my word for it, use Google.

I’m no engineer but I would have to guess they are using better materials, less toxic chemicals, have better electronics, are designed with better airflow, and have a higher quality heating elements.
are all ninja air fryers the same? its a brand, with long product line, $70 to $200
are ratings on google reliable?
does the quality/materials of a product stays the same forever?

It's hard to answer these, and there is no need because it's just a heating element and a fan. You get what you pay for. For a brand name , 60 bucks for a huge one with dials, 80 bucks with touchscreen and buttons.

edit: 10 more bucks for advertisement and online reviews + positive ratings
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
1346 posts
5355 upvotes
I got myself a 3.8L and should have went with a 5.8L, it's too small and annoying to deal with when meal prepping
[OP]
Apr 20, 2011
3 posts
28 upvotes
TO
I find that the 3.8L version is totally sufficient for cooking for 1/2. There is a rack which comes with the 3.8L version which increases the total cooking space. The 3.8L version is better for people without a ton of counter/cabinet space. I didn't have high expectations when I bought the air fryer because I thought it was essentially a convection oven. I have been very pleasantly surprised. The discussion about the benefits of air fryers or just buying the cheapest one you can find isn't relevant - this is the #1 selling air fryer on amazon for a reason.
Nov 10, 2003
730 posts
322 upvotes
Richmond
Bought this from Costco in 2020 when it was on sale for $79.99. One of the best purchase I made. I agree it is kind of small, but for 1-2 person it is perfect.
Jun 14, 2012
72 posts
61 upvotes
ORILLIA
Spiritualx wrote: I got myself a 3.8L and should have went with a 5.8L, it's too small and annoying to deal with when meal prepping
As a single person the 3.8 I find good but I don't meal prep in the airfryer. If I was to do it again I would probably buy the larger one for when I have guests. I will buy a larger one if this one dies. I find myself warming up left over pizza in it. I really enjoyed hot dogs in it. It took a couple tries, as I needed to add some slices to it, to have the air flow in.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5160 posts
4631 upvotes
Edmonton
I have this air fryer and its just okay, nothing special. I had a phillips before that costed twice as much but was overall better built and easier to clean.

The main tray that comes with the ninja has wide slots to hold the food with a non-stick coating and the food sticks to it. The phillips had more of a thin mesh to which food didn't stick. I regret giving it away when I moved.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)