167 posts
621 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] [Nintendo Switch] Civilization VI Game - $19.99

All-time lowest on a great game. Clicky
21 replies
Aug 20, 2018
139 posts
482 upvotes
Civ 6 is an exceptional game. However, I’m saying that based upon the PC version with the DLC. It really is incredible.

I’ve read that the Switch version is quite nerfed. None of the DLC, no multiplayer (not that I think that’s a huge issue as Civ takes too long for multiplayer imo), and apparently a little slow later in the game.

Even with that in mind, I’m guessing 20 dollars is a steal - If you cannot (for whatever reason) play the PC version with the additional content... Good find, OP!!

EDIT:

Looks like I was totally wrong! I hadn’t really looked into this for a while, and it looks like it’s all changed since I did!

Ignore the above comments. It looks like this does have the DLC! Apologies for the totally incorrect info in my post!!
Last edited by RandomGuy22 on Aug 3rd, 2020 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 3, 2012
246 posts
132 upvotes
Vancouver
RandomGuy22 wrote: Civ 6 is an exceptional game. However, I’m saying that based upon the PC version with the DLC. It really is incredible.

I’ve read that the Switch version is quite nerfed. None of the DLC, no multiplayer (not that I think that’s a huge issue as Civ takes too long for multiplayer imo), and apparently a little slow later in the game.

Even with that in mind, I’m guessing 20 dollars is a steal - If you cannot (for whatever reason) play the PC version with the additional content... Good find, OP!!
All DLCs are available for Switch. This is a great game and the port is not nerfed in any way. I find myself playing it more frequently on the Switch than on PC nowadays.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8465 posts
4797 upvotes
Toronto
Also has cross-saves between Switch and PC.
Sep 25, 2009
259 posts
85 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Also has cross-saves between Switch and PC.
How does that work ?

My civ is on steam, how does the switch access that ?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1951 posts
1315 upvotes
Calgary
It’s funny this went on sale for around this price at Christmas but I just couldn’t get into it. I used to play the old Civ games on PC back in the day. The good news was I ended up selling it for $5 more than I paid so it was basically a chance to try it on Switch for free.

Edit: OP still gets a thumbs up from me because it’s a good price for a Switch game that many people, present company excluded, have enjoyed.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1587 posts
809 upvotes
Quebec
I bought the game last week. I haven't played it on PC, but I don't recommend it on Switch. This is a Very slow-paced game, and not having access to a mouse slows gameplay even more.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3419 posts
3066 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
It's too bad the lowest price this has gone Digital is still $39.99, I'd definitely prefer that over having to swap cartridges whenever I felt like playing it.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1064 posts
2744 upvotes
New Brunswick
Balzard wrote: I bought the game last week. I haven't played it on PC, but I don't recommend it on Switch. This is a Very slow-paced game, and not having access to a mouse slows gameplay even more.
Does it not use the touch screen? Seems like a waste if not
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1587 posts
809 upvotes
Quebec
BranCracker wrote: Does it not use the touch screen? Seems like a waste if not
Yes it does, which is nice, but on the other hand, there are lots of menus and text in the game, which makes it hard to play on a small screen.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4379 posts
2958 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
So would people suggest playing civ on iPad more than the switch? I have civ6 on my PC and love the game. Sometimes when on the road or traveling, I kinda want to play it but obviously don't want to carry my PC around.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Nov 3, 2012
246 posts
132 upvotes
Vancouver
Balzard wrote: I bought the game last week. I haven't played it on PC, but I don't recommend it on Switch. This is a Very slow-paced game, and not having access to a mouse slows gameplay even more.
I have been playing CIV since the first one on PC. I have thousands of hours on it between the various games. If you are an experienced player, I don’t think you are going to miss the mouse and keyboard too much. The combination of physical controllers and touch screen is great for me.

The IPad version is terrible, I don’t recommend. The switch version feels just like playing on PC.

I am a great fan of the game and for me it is amazing to play CIV on the go. I would pay full price, so $20 is a complete steal.
Oct 29, 2018
48 posts
21 upvotes
Bellz92 wrote: It's actually 15 CAD if you have Prime. 5 dollars "Prime savings" applied when I checked out.
I don't see this option. Can you show a screenshot? It's in cart and I'm about to check out.