Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

[Nintendo Switch] Civilization VI Game - $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 10:45 am
22 replies
Aug 20, 2018
340 posts
1578 upvotes
Civ 6 is an exceptional game. However, I’m saying that based upon the PC version with the DLC. It really is incredible.

I’ve read that the Switch version is quite nerfed. None of the DLC, no multiplayer (not that I think that’s a huge issue as Civ takes too long for multiplayer imo), and apparently a little slow later in the game.

Even with that in mind, I’m guessing 20 dollars is a steal - If you cannot (for whatever reason) play the PC version with the additional content... Good find, OP!!

EDIT:

Looks like I was totally wrong! I hadn’t really looked into this for a while, and it looks like it’s all changed since I did!

Ignore the above comments. It looks like this does have the DLC! Apologies for the totally incorrect info in my post!!
Last edited by RandomGuy22 on Aug 3rd, 2020 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 3, 2012
343 posts
166 upvotes
Vancouver
RandomGuy22 wrote: Civ 6 is an exceptional game. However, I’m saying that based upon the PC version with the DLC. It really is incredible.

I’ve read that the Switch version is quite nerfed. None of the DLC, no multiplayer (not that I think that’s a huge issue as Civ takes too long for multiplayer imo), and apparently a little slow later in the game.

Even with that in mind, I’m guessing 20 dollars is a steal - If you cannot (for whatever reason) play the PC version with the additional content... Good find, OP!!
All DLCs are available for Switch. This is a great game and the port is not nerfed in any way. I find myself playing it more frequently on the Switch than on PC nowadays.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
Also has cross-saves between Switch and PC.
Sep 25, 2009
513 posts
400 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Also has cross-saves between Switch and PC.
How does that work ?

My civ is on steam, how does the switch access that ?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2960 posts
2337 upvotes
Calgary
It’s funny this went on sale for around this price at Christmas but I just couldn’t get into it. I used to play the old Civ games on PC back in the day. The good news was I ended up selling it for $5 more than I paid so it was basically a chance to try it on Switch for free.

Edit: OP still gets a thumbs up from me because it’s a good price for a Switch game that many people, present company excluded, have enjoyed.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1904 posts
1508 upvotes
I bought the game last week. I haven't played it on PC, but I don't recommend it on Switch. This is a Very slow-paced game, and not having access to a mouse slows gameplay even more.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
It's too bad the lowest price this has gone Digital is still $39.99, I'd definitely prefer that over having to swap cartridges whenever I felt like playing it.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1403 posts
3723 upvotes
New Brunswick
Balzard wrote: I bought the game last week. I haven't played it on PC, but I don't recommend it on Switch. This is a Very slow-paced game, and not having access to a mouse slows gameplay even more.
Does it not use the touch screen? Seems like a waste if not
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1904 posts
1508 upvotes
BranCracker wrote: Does it not use the touch screen? Seems like a waste if not
Yes it does, which is nice, but on the other hand, there are lots of menus and text in the game, which makes it hard to play on a small screen.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
So would people suggest playing civ on iPad more than the switch? I have civ6 on my PC and love the game. Sometimes when on the road or traveling, I kinda want to play it but obviously don't want to carry my PC around.
Nov 3, 2012
343 posts
166 upvotes
Vancouver
Balzard wrote: I bought the game last week. I haven't played it on PC, but I don't recommend it on Switch. This is a Very slow-paced game, and not having access to a mouse slows gameplay even more.
I have been playing CIV since the first one on PC. I have thousands of hours on it between the various games. If you are an experienced player, I don’t think you are going to miss the mouse and keyboard too much. The combination of physical controllers and touch screen is great for me.

The IPad version is terrible, I don’t recommend. The switch version feels just like playing on PC.

I am a great fan of the game and for me it is amazing to play CIV on the go. I would pay full price, so $20 is a complete steal.
Oct 29, 2018
221 posts
209 upvotes
Bellz92 wrote: It's actually 15 CAD if you have Prime. 5 dollars "Prime savings" applied when I checked out.
I don't see this option. Can you show a screenshot? It's in cart and I'm about to check out.
Sep 8, 2013
140 posts
38 upvotes
the 'Peg
Thanks ! I was eyeing this game
Jun 9, 2019
59 posts
64 upvotes
NayonTutu wrote: I don't see this option. Can you show a screenshot? It's in cart and I'm about to check out.
My mistake. Seems like I had a $5 coupon laying around
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
light2 wrote: How does that work ?

My civ is on steam, how does the switch access that ?
Nov 27, 2009
721 posts
32 upvotes
thanks, was wondering about this.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3848 posts
2272 upvotes
'Shwallywood
Damn, seems like I missed the $19.99 price
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work