3392 upvotes
Ontario

Nintendo Switch Joy Con (L/R) AA Battery Pack - $21.79

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Amazon.ca
https://www.amazon.ca/Joy-Con-AA-Batter ... B071XXXK2X

Just missed their ATL of $17.81 supposedly.

Looks like an official Nintendo product. Looks interesting. Personally I've left my Joy-Con not attached to my switch, and had them dead before. And since I don't play a lot, it was annoying.

Description:
Using AA batteries, the Joy-Con™ (L)/(R) AA Battery Pack accessory extends the battery life of Joy-Con controllers. Great to have when you want to play for a longer time without charging. Includes a Left and Right Joy-Con AA Battery Pack and 4 AA batteries. Controllers sold separately.
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 4th, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed non-rfd affiliate tag from url
7 replies
Feb 2, 2015
626 posts
238 upvotes
would be great if they are selling joycons at those price!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3908 posts
6299 upvotes
Kitchener
Pay to spend more money on batteries? No thanks lol
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9425 posts
5943 upvotes
Toronto
Looks bulky, IMO better spent on a Joycon charge station so you can easily charge when not in use.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2091 posts
792 upvotes
Montréal, QC
It not even rechargeable?
Does the AA batteries recharges the joycon to 100% or only extend when the joycon batteries are 0%?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2196 posts
1446 upvotes
Toronto
Angultra wrote: Looks bulky, IMO better spent on a Joycon charge station so you can easily charge when not in use.
The battery attachment wasn't designed to charge your Joy-Cons overnight (although I assume it could be used for that). It's meant to be used during gameplay and games that require Joy-Cons to be used in motion, an example being Arms, where you're constantly in motion and require them to be split, something you can't do comfortably tethered with a cable.

If you REALLY love Arms (and other games that require the same mechanics) and plan to play for an extended period of time, these let you do so without stopping to have to charge your Joy-Cons (AKA not be able to play at all).

Plus there's the added benefit of a beefier grip in one hand which many can see the value in, again, if you play games that require split Joy-Cons.

Another example would be if you want to use the Joy-Cons separately for 2 player games, Mario Kart, Smash, etc., you can do so for an extended period of time as well. There aren't any charging solutions I'm aware of where you can charge and play with single Joy-Cons.

All that being said, a fully charged Joy-Con can last quite a long time and probably isn't recommended to play until they're drained, but that's just my opinion.
Jan 10, 2017
51 posts
8 upvotes
I got 2 of them at 5$ each at ebgames a long time ago. Works well if you have no battery left for a quick play.
I also give them in hand to friend with bigger hand for grip confort.
Not worth the purchase