Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Nintendo Switch - Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword - $58.90

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2022 8:25 pm
15 replies
Dec 2, 2010
618 posts
968 upvotes
Toronto
Before anyone buys....the controls are absolutely terrible on this. The game was designed for wiimotes and the port to switch did not do it justice.
Oct 27, 2012
134 posts
225 upvotes
Oshawa
blackstaffer wrote: Before anyone buys....the controls are absolutely terrible on this. The game was designed for wiimotes and the port to switch did not do it justice.
Yeah.. I am not vouching for the quality. Some people love it, most hate it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
We're probably due for another $55.99 sale on it soon so I wouldn't necessarily be in a rush to buy it at this price.
Aug 14, 2010
735 posts
1340 upvotes
Ottawa
Pass.
Images
  • Screenshot 2022-08-15 100225.png
He/Him
Public Mobile: $45/20GB
Trans Women are Women
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes
I liked it on Wii and loved it on Switch.

Guess I am in the minority.
Last edited by Third Eye on Aug 15th, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
Definitely play with motion controls. The controller scheme will be impossible for anyone used to modern third person dual-stick games.

Besides that though, it's a solid game.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1069 posts
2119 upvotes
Thought about buying this for half a second then evaluated and realized i have more respect for myself than to pay $60 for a freaking Wii port.
Jan 17, 2017
341 posts
392 upvotes
RedSwagDeals wrote: Thought about buying this for half a second then evaluated and realized i have more respect for myself than to pay $60 for a freaking Wii port.
X to doubt because that is 50% of the Nintendo released titles on the Switch.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1069 posts
2119 upvotes
Mark1381 wrote: X to doubt because that is 50% of the Nintendo released titles on the Switch.
Sorry what are you doubting? I haven't bought this, Tropical Freeze, Captain toad etc. Basically anything that's a port where they are charging more or the same this time around. I can't support the scummy/lazy practice. I have paid full price for some new Switch Releases like Mario Party allstars, Mario Odyssey and others like that. However your right, they seem to just shit out ports with minimal effort and expect people to pay stupid prices (Which they are!).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I am playing this now entirely with joystick control and it's perfectly fine. Then again I am the type that play multiple games simultaneously and can adapt to new controller layouts easily.

I like what I played so far but the game definitely have its flaws.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
3297 posts
3195 upvotes
RedSwagDeals wrote: Sorry what are you doubting? I haven't bought this, Tropical Freeze, Captain toad etc. Basically anything that's a port where they are charging more or the same this time around. I can't support the scummy/lazy practice. I have paid full price for some new Switch Releases like Mario Party allstars, Mario Odyssey and others like that. However your right, they seem to just shit out ports with minimal effort and expect people to pay stupid prices (Which they are!).
Are you mad because you want the ports, but for less money? I’m not sure i understand. If that’s the case, they won’t charge less just because a few random people on forums get mad, they will charge what people will pay.

On topic, I don’t really like skyward sword on any system… it just isn’t that good.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7804 upvotes
Toronto
Can't believe a game I bought and finished in 2011 still costs this much on sale over a decade later. Nintendo is on one for real
Jan 17, 2017
341 posts
392 upvotes
RedSwagDeals wrote:
Sorry what are you doubting? I haven't bought this, Tropical Freeze, Captain toad etc. Basically anything that's a port where they are charging more or the same this time around. I can't support the scummy/lazy practice. I have paid full price for some new Switch Releases like Mario Party allstars, Mario Odyssey and others like that. However your right, they seem to just shit out ports with minimal effort and expect people to pay stupid prices (Which they are!).
Respect for you then, most people aren't so sensible.
Jun 2, 2006
124 posts
104 upvotes
It’s going to be on sale for $54.96 at Walmart this coming Thursday (August 18) as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)