Amazon.ca

Nintendo Switch Mario Kart Racing Wheel Pro Deluxe by HORI - $132.54

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2020 1:12 pm
[OP]
Jun 9, 2007
67 posts
115 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Nintendo Switch Mario Kart Racing Wheel Pro Deluxe by HORI - $132.54

Features & details
Officially licensed by Nintendo
Larger Deluxe version of fully featured racing wheel for Mario Kart & Other racing titles
Ergonomic design based on real steering wheels
Includes Paddles and convenient onboard controls
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 7th, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link/nonRFD affiliate tag removed
11 replies
Mar 26, 2015
129 posts
178 upvotes
BC
bird wrote: Features & details
Officially licensed by Nintendo
Larger Deluxe version of fully featured racing wheel for Mario Kart & Other racing titles
Ergonomic design based on real steering wheels
Includes Paddles and convenient onboard controls
Any idea if it has haptic feedback?
I also wonder if it has compatibility with American Truck Simulator on PC.
Apr 8, 2007
922 posts
414 upvotes
Guelph
I did not realize Mario Kart required simulation style racing wheels. I mean it’s cool, but is it necessary for Mario Kart?
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
5968 posts
1989 upvotes
Toronto
hollywood115 wrote: I did not realize Mario Kart required simulation style racing wheels. I mean it’s cool, but is it necessary for Mario Kart?
Paddle Shifters is what separates the pros from the perpetual blue shelled.
May 30, 2019
236 posts
526 upvotes
DanielSales wrote: Any idea if it has haptic feedback?
Not sure on the haptic feedback but i just saw that it comes with a 10ft usb cable that is compatible with PC's

hollywood115 wrote: I did not realize Mario Kart required simulation style racing wheels. I mean it’s cool, but is it necessary for Mario Kart?
I went and looked for reviews or anything on this and they all pretty much say the same thing, it's overkill for Mario Kart. I was super interested in the wheel at first but after looking into it further, it looks like unless you're going hard into the racing games, it's pretty much just a novelty. The price is definitely alluring as it is a fraction of other types of racing wheels.

Price-wise, looks like the MSRP was $99.99 USD when it came out. Consulted the camels and it said that the lowest price was $125.06 7 months ago, so this is pretty close. IMO this post is more of a "sweet! It's in stock" more than it is a deal. Still good though.

Thanks anyways OP! Upvoted
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9051 posts
2346 upvotes
DanielSales wrote: Any idea if it has haptic feedback?
Haptic feedback? You mean force feedback? No, it won't have FFB. FFB wheels are a pretty big step up in price.

From the reviews, the wheel works on PC and will work with PC games including American Truck Simulator. However, this wheel only has 270 degrees of rotation, while ATS/ETS is programmed to work with wheels with 900 degrees of rotation... so that means if you use this wheel, it won't be one-to-one with the steering wheel in the game. For everyone one degree you turn with this wheel, in the game the steering wheel will turn 3.33 degrees.

I've read that it's possible to tweak the settings in the game to make it difference not as bad, but it won't be one-to-one. Keep in mind that 270 degrees of rotation means the total rotation of the steering wheel... which means the wheel will only turn 135 degrees in either direction so it won't even allow a full hand-over-hand rotation.

If you want something with FFB and 900 to 1080 degrees of rotation you're looking to stepping up to at least a Thrustmaster T150/TMX or Logitech G29 or G920 and those are in the ~$300-400 price categories (cheaper on sale).
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Jun 9, 2019
8 posts
Thrustmaster or Logitech wheels... on sale? That almost never happens anymore! Heck they are backorder for months with the Covid.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11343 posts
8789 upvotes
Toronto
Winkle wrote: From the reviews, the wheel works on PC and will work with PC games including American Truck Simulator.
The reviews that mention Truck simulator seem to be for the PS4 version of the wheel.

It'd be cool if it works on PC and you can use it with an emulated Mario Kart Arcade GP. But even then a very niche product, and there's way better PC wheels.
Last edited by Angultra on Jul 7th, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
May 6, 2018
204 posts
210 upvotes
Is this the luxury way to play Mario Carts?
Aug 17, 2008
985 posts
454 upvotes
Markham, ON
Will I be able to dodge my own green shells?
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10089 posts
964 upvotes
Toronto
Mario kart drifting
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Jan 26, 2012
313 posts
518 upvotes
Quebec
such an intricate wheel for a game you can play with a couple buttons and motion controls

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)