• May 20th, 2021 10:54 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2003
2676 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Noco GB40 jump starter- $109.97 lowest price I have seen

Been looking for one of these for a while. This is close to the lowest price according to Camel. Not sure if they are on clearance with price ending $0.97

Get them while you can.
Last edited by Neb on May 7th, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
125 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2189 posts
623 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP, been thinking of getting one of these. CAA came to boost my car over the winter and used one of these. I was impressed by how light and easy it was. No manoeuvring the car to the end of the driveway or long cables. Added to my cart, just resisting pulling the trigger because it'll be a while, but "Winter is coming".
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1500 posts
820 upvotes
Guelph
I had this pack and it was fantastic for it's main purpose and for my 4cyl car. I ended up flipping it in favour of a 2000amp gooloo. I couldn't be happier. The noco couldn't charge my phone, still drained while I used it and the gooloo fast charges my phone. Similar products but the gooloo just seemed to be better in every conceivable way, especially price.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10001 posts
4974 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
*insert projectfarm video*
Telus $45 25GB
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2003
2285 posts
93 upvotes
Montreal
One thing about the NOCO that others doesnt have: it can bypass safety measure to boost your car when your battery is 100% dead.

Others booster will need to detect battery (still have juice left) before allowing to boost it.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3283 posts
138 upvotes
Why couldn't it charge your phone? It has USB output.

LawEightSix wrote: I had this pack and it was fantastic for it's main purpose and for my 4cyl car. I ended up flipping it in favour of a 2000amp gooloo. I couldn't be happier. The noco couldn't charge my phone, still drained while I used it and the gooloo fast charges my phone. Similar products but the gooloo just seemed to be better in every conceivable way, especially price.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1462 posts
1644 upvotes
TORONTO
Good price. Bought it a months ago for 112$. Saved me a couple of times already.
Last edited by hansdoreen on May 7th, 2021 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Mar 29, 2015
185 posts
46 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Where did you buy the gooloo? cant seem to find one to buy in canada
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1500 posts
820 upvotes
Guelph
rilhouse wrote: Why couldn't it charge your phone? It has USB output.
It was capable of charging a phone, but it was very very slow, and if I was using the phone while charging it, it drained faster than the charge rate.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1500 posts
820 upvotes
Guelph
jay81k wrote: Where did you buy the gooloo? cant seem to find one to buy in canada
Bought mine on Amazon back during a sale, 2000A for $80
Jun 5, 2012
251 posts
278 upvotes
NEPEAN
jay81k wrote: Where did you buy the gooloo? cant seem to find one to buy in canada
I'm think Gooloo now goes by a different name or the company is defunct - else they may put out one-offs (one and done). I had purchased a highly-rated tire inflator from them late last year (amazon) and they cancelled the order (no stock) - it never came back.

On the starter side of things - There's better priced jump starters out there for for the price. (I'm using an Anker)
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
12066 posts
450 upvotes
I have this unit and have bailed out myself, neighbours, my B-i-L with his boat, strangers in parking lots. It's just so simple.

Highly recommended.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2091 posts
2372 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can anyone comment on the new alligator clamps?

Gave my old GB40 of 4 years away to a travelling relative just a few weeks ago. Had the one with the old alligator heads. These ones look thinner metal/low quality
Nov 16, 2019
122 posts
44 upvotes
Velvetsmack wrote: I'm think Gooloo now goes by a different name or the company is defunct - else they may put out one-offs (one and done). I had purchased a highly-rated tire inflator from them late last year (amazon) and they cancelled the order (no stock) - it never came back.

On the starter side of things - There's better priced jump starters out there for for the price. (I'm using an Anker)
Which one? Anker is usually good stuff
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
2343 posts
482 upvotes
Yeah, Gooloo seems to have disappeared from Amazon.ca
Velvetsmack wrote: I'm think Gooloo now goes by a different name or the company is defunct - else they may put out one-offs (one and done). I had purchased a highly-rated tire inflator from them late last year (amazon) and they cancelled the order (no stock) - it never came back.

Apr 27, 2017
132 posts
154 upvotes
blackston3 wrote: Can anyone comment on the new alligator clamps?

These ones look thinner metal/low quality
They are definitely thinner than maybe the old school ones I think you are referring to, but I think that's the way most are going now. Still makes good contact. Bought jumper cables winter of 2019 for my fiance as she forgets to turn off indoor lights more often than I'd like and then bought this thing after. Both were fairly thin, NOCO is just less exposed metal.

Only thing I'd complain about is the price starts to get closer to a legit emergency starter with air pump. And the proprietary clamp is expensive to replace.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1567 posts
1384 upvotes
According to Amazon it doesn't support my 2018 Subaru Forester V4. Truth or false? I don't see how a jump starter can be incompatible with any car (other than electric vehicles).
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1391 posts
1209 upvotes
Ontario
CCHIPSS wrote: According to Amazon it doesn't support my 2018 Subaru Forester V4. Truth or false? I don't see how a jump starter can be incompatible with any car (other than electric vehicles).
It says the same about my Mazda 3, which I also find odd
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Oct 2, 2018
630 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
I would suggest and highly recommend the Noco GB70 jump starter, mu h more robust unit.

A friend of mine had a new Noco GB40 jump starter and it wasn't up to the task on a 6 cylinder engine (work minivan) middle of winter whereas my year old GP70 tucked in my trunk did the trick easy.

Perhaps for a 4 cylinder the GP40 it will do the trick as it requires less cranking amps to drive the starter and turn over the engine, but I suggest the larger GP70 unit as half the benefit is boosting others in need and the larger capacity is nice to have.
Youth is the gift of nature, while age is a work of art.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3065 posts
790 upvotes
Belle River
Ballroomblitz1 wrote: I would suggest and highly recommend the Noco GB70 jump starter, mu h more robust unit.

A friend of mine had a new Noco GB40 jump starter and it wasn't up to the task on a 6 cylinder engine (work minivan) middle of winter whereas my year old GP70 tucked in my trunk did the trick easy.

Perhaps for a 4 cylinder the GP40 it will do the trick as it requires less cranking amps to drive the starter and turn over the engine, but I suggest the larger GP70 unit as half the benefit is boosting others in need and the larger capacity is nice to have.
So you think that the claim it can jump a gasoline engine "Up To 6.0 Liters" is BS or a maybe exaggerated, like in best case conditions only?

I guess if the unit itself was very cold, which is how it might be when you really need it, that would make the battery much weaker. I wonder if body heat, giving it a nice cuddle for a few minutes, would be enough to fix that :).