• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 12:35 am
[OP]
Aug 19, 2005
121 posts
42 upvotes
Laurentian Valley

[Amazon.ca] Noco Genius chargers ~25% off

These are very close to all time lows seen in the fall for Black Friday. Probably the best chargers and maintainers on the market. I picked up the 10.

If you're considering one, look at the chart on the page because only the 5 and higher have desulfating as well as the ability to charge higher capacity batteries. The 5 and 10 are great for deep cycle marine batteries in the off season and the 1 and 2 are good for motorcycle/ATVs.

Genius 2 @ $56.97 (all time low lightning deal in Oct @$56.86)

Genius 5 @$82.79 (all time low Oct lightning deal @$73.81)

Genius 10 @$117.00 (all time low lightning deal @$103.34 in October)
Last edited by PrincipalValiant on Jan 16th, 2021 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Efficiency and progress is ours once more!
87 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1767 posts
317 upvotes
toronto
Thanks op. I already bought the gb40 booster so I'll skip on this
Apr 16, 2006
124 posts
32 upvotes
Can the Genius 2 be used on a power wheels battery? Or is there a better option?
Jul 24, 2005
307 posts
246 upvotes
GTA
nathan1314 wrote: Can the Genius 2 be used on a power wheels battery? Or is there a better option?
short answer yes it will work
are you looking to charge the battery in a few hours? over night? long term storage over the winter?

answers to those will determine if you have a better option
Apr 16, 2006
124 posts
32 upvotes
2kaccordcoupe wrote: short answer yes it will work
are you looking to charge the battery in a few hours? over night? long term storage over the winter?

Lets say a few times during the week if the kids use it. Mostly overnight. Just wondering if it would be better for the battery. Plus I can use it for other batteries around the yard (vehicle, atv, and boat).
Jul 24, 2005
307 posts
246 upvotes
GTA
nathan1314 wrote: Lets say a few times during the week if the kids use it. Mostly overnight. Just wondering if it would be better for the battery. Plus I can use it for other batteries around the yard (vehicle, atv, and boat).
Overkill for occasional power wheels charging alone but combined with the other uses you mentioned the genius 2 is a solid choice.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2659 posts
1029 upvotes
QC, Canada
anyone know a cheap charger that can work on deep cycle battery ? look like these regular charger only work great on standard battery (but the 10 before finding that out)
Jul 24, 2005
307 posts
246 upvotes
GTA
koontzy wrote: anyone know a cheap charger that can work on deep cycle battery ? look like these regular charger only work great on standard battery (but the 10 before finding that out)
The ones posted above work on deep cycle
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1593 posts
792 upvotes
2kaccordcoupe wrote: short answer yes it will work

A 12v charger using alligator clamps will NOT work on an original equipment Power Wheels battery.

OE Power Wheels uses a proprietary connector. There would be no way to connect the alligator clamps from the 12v charger (without modification to the OE).

It's a different story if you are using an aftermarket SLA 12v battery.
[OP]
Aug 19, 2005
121 posts
42 upvotes
Laurentian Valley
@koontzy

Like 2kaccordcoupe mentioned, they'll all work on deep cycle batteries but the 1 and 2 aren't very useful as they'll only charge and maintain 30 and 40Ah.

The 5 will do 120Ah, which is plenty for most applications, and the 10 does up to 230Ah. I think the 5 is the best value of the bunch for most people.
Efficiency and progress is ours once more!
Jul 24, 2005
307 posts
246 upvotes
GTA
bizzyseller wrote: A 12v charger using alligator clamps will NOT work on an original equipment Power Wheels battery.

OE Power Wheels uses a proprietary connector. There would be no way to connect the alligator clamps from the 12v charger (without modification to the OE).

It's a different story if you are using an aftermarket SLA 12v battery.
Chop the harness, solder pig tails on the battery leads, install quick connects.
Point being YES it will charge the battery.
Jul 24, 2005
307 posts
246 upvotes
GTA
PrincipalValiant wrote: @koontzy

Like 2kaccordcoupe mentioned, they'll all work on deep cycle batteries but the 1 and 2 aren't very useful as they'll only charge and maintain 30 and 40Ah.

The 5 will do 120Ah, which is plenty for most applications, and the 10 does up to 230Ah. I think the 5 is the best value of the bunch for most people.
I agree the 5 is the sweet spot. I have both the first gen and 2nd gen G3500 units. If I needed to buy another or replace one of these it would be the 5
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2492 posts
1744 upvotes
Toronto
I have the Noco 10, works well. Also has a nice 12V power supply mode.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1593 posts
792 upvotes
2kaccordcoupe wrote: Chop the harness, solder pig tails on the battery leads, install quick connects.
Important context after the fact is not helpful.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35229 posts
21214 upvotes
Center of Universe
bizzyseller wrote: Important context after the fact is not helpful.
Yeah, taking a plug and play solution to a whole new level.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
7151 posts
1982 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
I bought the Energizer from Costco ($43) to keep my cars' batteries on a long charge (2A) when not being used (summer car and winter car - 4 and 6 cylinders) - plus it can also do a quick charge @ 4A.

What's the benefit of buying the Norco 2 for $57, over the Energizer above, if any, please?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1331 posts
859 upvotes
CALGARY
GB40 is also on sale for $113. Can anyone confirm it's the lowest price?
Sep 1, 2015
659 posts
801 upvotes
Better to buy a Genius 26000 as opposed to say a Genius 10 and a BoostHD separately?
Jul 24, 2005
307 posts
246 upvotes
GTA
bizzyseller wrote:
Important context after the fact is not helpful.
Welcome to the internet pal. Certain assumptions need to be made. Should I also assume the the poster has an available 110 outlet to plug into? Do they have the tools to get the under the seat of the atv to get to the battery? Keep the post to the context of charging the battery not the billions of possible connectors.
vkizzle wrote: Yeah, taking a plug and play solution to a whole new level.
You think Noco would provide a plug and play solution for every possible proprietary connector ever created? Better stick to your proprietary brand specific products.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5474 posts
2296 upvotes
2kaccordcoupe wrote: Chop the harness, solder pig tails on the battery leads, install quick connects.
No need to chop anything according to the manual
Detachable out of the box
Images
  • noco.jpg