Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler - $99.95

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 11:21 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 11, 2006
1552 posts
1028 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler - $99.95

Seems to be a pretty good price for the D14. This is the one that comes with the NF-P14/NF-P12 dual fan configuration (120mm + 140mm)

6-yr warranty

Fits: LGA2066, LGA2011-0 & LGA2011-3 Square ILM), LGA115x (LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156) & AMD AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, AM4, FM1, FM2, FM2+

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B002VKVZ1A



AADYS200826kriJW.jpg
AADYS200826EIvav.jpg
Last edited by twopointfivebar on Oct 15th, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.
.
redflagdeals... buy now, think later.
57 replies
Member
Dec 20, 2019
227 posts
422 upvotes
The lowest price on CCC from amazon is 50 dollars.... Seems a bit extreme to pay 100 percent from lowest point, even with Covid taxes. Wait for Bf, I'm sure it will go lower.
Last edited by Patrickpete on Oct 15th, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2276 posts
1003 upvotes
Mississauga
if it matters, I have used this in my i5-2500k server pc for like 7-8 years running nearly 24/7. Other than some occasional vacuum or air pressure cleaning.. this thing is a beast... still quiet as the first day I owned it..

only downside is its size... its almost the size of an adult head
Last edited by vinnie1990 on Oct 16th, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Member
Apr 19, 2010
334 posts
74 upvotes
Boucherville
Excellent price ..... but I want that black version
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 11, 2006
1552 posts
1028 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Patrickpete wrote: The lowest price on CCC from amazon is 50 dollars.... Seems a bit extreme to pay 100 percent from lowest point, even with Covid taxes. Wait for Bf, I'm sure it will go lower.
That price was 8-yrs ago, and it only fit LGA2011 at the time from my understanding.
.
.
redflagdeals... buy now, think later.
Member
Aug 11, 2019
230 posts
249 upvotes
whats the difference between d14 and d15, just the size of 1 fan?
Member
Jul 14, 2019
395 posts
696 upvotes
This is ice cold, the NH-D15 is $110 every day of the week somewhere.

NH-D15 has better RAM clearance and slightly better performance. D14 has been long discontinued. Both are good coolers but there is no reason not to get the D15 for $9 more. The D15 also ships with AMD mounting hardware.
Jr. Member
Sep 1, 2008
187 posts
62 upvotes
CanadaCPU wrote: This is ice cold, the NH-D15 is $110 every day of the week somewhere.

NH-D15 has better RAM clearance and slightly better performance. D14 has been long discontinued. Both are good coolers but there is no reason not to get the D15 for $9 more. The D15 also ships with AMD mounting hardware.
Exactly. If you're paying this much for an air cooler you might as well just get the best one on the market (D15).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 13, 2007
2642 posts
3189 upvotes
Calgary
CanadaCPU wrote: This is ice cold, the NH-D15 is $110 every day of the week somewhere.

NH-D15 has better RAM clearance and slightly better performance. D14 has been long discontinued. Both are good coolers but there is no reason not to get the D15 for $9 more. The D15 also ships with AMD mounting hardware.
Yeah, I did a double take and maybe thought OP made a typo. Was surprised Noctua still has D14 stock.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 11, 2006
1552 posts
1028 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CanadaCPU wrote: This is ice cold, the NH-D15 is $110 every day of the week somewhere.

NH-D15 has better RAM clearance and slightly better performance. D14 has been long discontinued. Both are good coolers but there is no reason not to get the D15 for $9 more. The D15 also ships with AMD mounting hardware.
zenpher wrote: Exactly. If you're paying this much for an air cooler you might as well just get the best one on the market (D15).
Didn't realize the D15 was so cheap on Amazon! Good tip!

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00L7UZMAK

Regarding size: the D15 is much wider, a whole 15mm wider. Any fitment issues compared to D14?
.
.
redflagdeals... buy now, think later.
Member
Jul 14, 2019
395 posts
696 upvotes
twopointfivebar wrote:
Regarding size: the D15 is much wider, a whole 15mm wider. Any fitment issues compared to D14?
Depends on your case and RAM, so it's kind of up to you to check.

Even if your RAM is too tall though, you can raise the fans on the fins a few mm to clear it and it won't affect performance noticeably.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1120 posts
664 upvotes
AB
i have both D14 and d15

just get the d15 if the price is close. the fans it comes with are better, the ram clearance and design are better. Both will last forever with noctua supplying free brackets if needed. My d14 is from 2012.

Used d14's are around $50 all the time.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
19387 posts
6464 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
CanadaCPU wrote: Depends on your case and RAM, so it's kind of up to you to check.

Even if your RAM is too tall though, you can raise the fans on the fins a few mm to clear it and it won't affect performance noticeably.
Or just remove the useless decorative gamerz heat spreaders like I did. They come off and go back on easily enough that nobody would ever know.
I think I'm done with direct air cooling now though, next build I'll just put an AIO on as the market there seems to have matured now.
Member
Jul 14, 2019
395 posts
696 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: Or just remove the useless decorative gamerz heat spreaders like I did. They come off and go back on easily enough that nobody would ever know.
I think I'm done with direct air cooling now though, next build I'll just put an AIO on as the market there seems to have matured now.
I wouldn't' suggest removing the heatsinks on RAM, especially if you're running XMP profiles which most people will be. It voids your warranty as well. You might be surprised how hot fast RAM can get.

The NH-D15 will cool as well as the best current 240mm AIO's and do so more quietly but if you go 280mm or larger then you will see a slight improvement. What I don't like most about AIO's is that the additives in the coolant eventually degrade the parts and you have to replace them every few years if you don't want to wait until it leaks to replace. Alternatively a NH-D15 will run forever. Also, if you have a pump failure in an AIO you can damage your CPU, whereas if the fans fail in an air cooler you still have an enormous passive heatsink as a backup. It's much nicer to work around an AIO though, coolers as large as the NH-D15 can make the case pretty tight.

Top