Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Noctua NH-D15S, Premium Dual-Tower CPU Cooler with NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan $99.95

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 11:06 am
[OP]
Dec 17, 2017
47 posts
54 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Noctua NH-D15S, Premium Dual-Tower CPU Cooler with NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan $99.95

It fits itx motherboards better compared with d15
78 replies
Sep 11, 2017
51 posts
17 upvotes
According to CCC it costs that most of the time. I'd assume recent high was caused by higher demand as many people had been working from home.
Feb 28, 2020
29 posts
18 upvotes
Regular price, but its a good cooler. Make sure it fits with your case.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5615 posts
2206 upvotes
Canuckland
Regular price, even though they are good. It makes installing GFX cards a nightmare!

Better off getting an AIO water cooler
Mar 3, 2020
27 posts
24 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Regular price, even though they are good. It makes installing GFX cards a nightmare!

Better off getting an AIO water cooler
This is the D15S which is angled in a way to not cover the first PCIe slot. That being said, the normal NH-D15 would work as well if your top slot is a PCIe 1x.

And I've had gnarly experiences with AIOs leaking to want a big hunk of aluminum and heat pipes in my expensive rig and losing a few MHz.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8807 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
skrateboard wrote: This is the D15S which is angled in a way to not cover the first PCIe slot. That being said, the normal NH-D15 would work as well if your top slot is a PCIe 1x.

And I've had gnarly experiences with AIOs leaking to want a big hunk of aluminum and heat pipes in my expensive rig and losing a few MHz.
Which AIOs have you had leak on you? That sounds like a nightmare.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1430 posts
237 upvotes
For $10 more you can get dual fan version of this amazing cooler. Last year, I research various cooling solution for my gaming system and D15 came first, as quiet, premium quality cooler.
Last edited by Lexi on Jul 10th, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1405 posts
1112 upvotes
skrateboard wrote: This is the D15S which is angled in a way to not cover the first PCIe slot. That being said, the normal NH-D15 would work as well if your top slot is a PCIe 1x.

Yup leaking is always a possibility. Happened to me and I have been all air ever since. Personally I cannot stand the pump noise. It’s not so much the db but the annoyance of the noise. There is a word for that but I cannot remember what it is.
Sep 25, 2016
109 posts
86 upvotes
I replaced my AIO cooler with a D15 and I swear it's louder. So... it's quiet for an air cooler, but not quiet quiet.
Feb 19, 2017
441 posts
259 upvotes
I've always gone air cooling as well. Water cooling is more expensive, noisier, and doesn't last as long on average - all to reduce temperatures slightly or squeeze out an extra MHz of frequency.

Personally I think this beefy cooler is overkill, but it's Noctua so never a bad choice. I've never had a problem with my cheap Hyper 212+ that I've been using for like 10 years (with a Noctua fan). A cheap cooler with good case cooling/airflow will do the job unless you're really brutalizing your CPU at a high overclock 24/7.
Oct 29, 2016
84 posts
98 upvotes
Markham, ON
I have it and it’s great. Can’t recommend more. I also comes with accessories in case you wanna install a second fan.
Jan 23, 2012
242 posts
110 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Would recommend going with AIO instead. Had one of these in black and returned it. Had it with 3800x and temperatures were high + access to memory was blocked. AIO(Corsair with two fans) provided better temperatures and also had zero issues with accessing other components.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40994 posts
6333 upvotes
B550 compatibility?
Proud to be an Indian.
Jun 15, 2011
40994 posts
6333 upvotes
shan52 wrote: It should support all AM4.
Thanks for confirming.
Proud to be an Indian.