• Sep 8th, 2020 10:09 am
[OP]
Mar 23, 2017
530 posts
947 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Non-Contact Digital Infrared Thermometer 15.72

Update: price drop to 15.72

After @RunnerForDeals brought this up in another forum for a different thermometer the price dropped, so thought it worth it's own post. A couple of reviews showing faulty product, which I was worried about, but mostly highly rated. 4.5 stars on 138 reviews. And it's amazon so return as needed. In the short time I've been watching the price has dropped by 10 bucks, started being sold by another company, and is now shipping from Hong Kong instead of China. Seems weird, but I think worth a shot. There is one for 19.99 and this one for 19.72. The one for 19.99 has a poorly rated seller, but faster posted shipping time. The one for 19.72 has longer ship times with a very highly reviewed seller.

Non Contact and 1 Second Measurement: One-button fast temperature measurement. Non-contact infrared measurement, while avoiding cross-infection. Measuring distance is 1-3cm.
Multi-Mode: The Forehead thermometer is designed for all ages, adults, infants, and elders. It not only supports forehead function but is able to take room/object temperature.
Convenient Memory Feature: You can store up to 35temperature readings and recall them at any time. This comes in handy for keeping a record and makes it convenient for babies, children, adults, Also has an auto-shutdown feature for power saving.
Sound Reminder:High-accuracy infrared measurement, intelligent algorithm, audible alert for over-temperature. The HD LED screen displays clear and crisp numbers that are easy to read.
Very Accurate Readings: Our baby thermometer has been clinically tested and found to be a fast and absolutely reliable gadget to use. It is ideal for the forehead readings, and have a very small error margin(0.1°F for body mode, and 1.0°F for ambient mode. It is actually more accurate than standard mercury thermometers.
Last edited by SamG852 on Sep 1st, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
22 replies
Jan 13, 2004
991 posts
421 upvotes
Vancouver
Not a hot deal. These noname thermometers have always been this cheap.

Also, shipping from China is a deal killer. All my items coming from China have been snail slow since covid-19. Even my ePacket items are being held by Canada Post for 3+ months.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3651 posts
229 upvotes
Downvoted because shipping is slow?? Lol. Ordered - price is great and reviews are decent. Don't like it - send it back.
Jan 3, 2009
139 posts
72 upvotes
Kanata
I literally just got this thermometer yesterday, but I paid $42. I was about to purchase this one, but I'm not prepared to wait over a month for this one.

Thermometer works well and is accurate.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15844 posts
2102 upvotes
GTA
grimm wrote: I literally just got this thermometer yesterday, but I paid $42. I was about to purchase this one, but I'm not prepared to wait over a month for this one.

Thermometer works well and is accurate.
you paid $42 using the same link? or a different link/store?
how do you know it's the same thermometer?
Jul 23, 2011
507 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered and thanked.. I'm in no rush...as long as it comes before the second wave.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2635 posts
1534 upvotes
tigger03 wrote: Downvoted because shipping is slow?? Lol. Ordered - price is great and reviews are decent. Don't like it - send it back.
Good luck with that, its not "sold and shipped by amazon" so you will need to pay for shipping back to hong kong.
Got that Zoomer account!
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13949 posts
3247 upvotes
I will only buy if it is fulfilled by Amazon
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3651 posts
229 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: Good luck with that, its not "sold and shipped by amazon" so you will need to pay for shipping back to hong kong.
Never had an issue returning ANYTHING to Amazon, no matter where it was shipped from. Besides, it seems to be a decent item for $20.
Aug 23, 2019
439 posts
322 upvotes
turbo_slug wrote: Not a hot deal. These noname thermometers have always been this cheap.

Also, shipping from China is a deal killer. All my items coming from China have been snail slow since covid-19. Even my ePacket items are being held by Canada Post for 3+ months.
Depends on how competent/competitive the shop is. I ordered a bunch of items off aliex early August and couple of them arrived already they didn't charge extra and had competitive prices. But most are still out there somewhere. Again ymmv but I spent some time and read their recent reviews etc.

Tbh imo Amazon is not the best place for little stuff like this.
Aug 13, 2020
60 posts
127 upvotes
tigger03 wrote: Downvoted because shipping is slow?? Lol. Ordered - price is great and reviews are decent. Don't like it - send it back.
Lol
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7284 posts
654 upvotes
The little girl in the picture, looks pretty depressed IMO
The shit people buy during the pandemic, that they don'r really need.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Nov 16, 2006
849 posts
349 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…
OP Price: 19.72 Savings: 59---------->Price Now: 16.22 Savings: 13.37. This was never worth 78.72! Not buying anything shipping from China either.