• Aug 31st, 2020 4:13 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 10, 2005
509 posts
252 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] North Bayou desk mounted monitor (max 27") stand $25.40

I've been watching this for a while. Pretty good price accordingly to 3x camel. Lots of good (seemingly real) reviews.

May be a worthwhile investment for the many that are working from home. I've got a coupled monitors to mount and read that two single arms provide a lot more flexibility than the cheaper dual monitor mounts.

Edit: Credit to @costabile for this catch. If you switch the seller to North Bayou, instead of emmy001, you'll save the tax.
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 28th, 2020 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added price to title
91 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1981 posts
588 upvotes
Got this a couple years back. Works great for my 32" 4k monitor.
Jul 8, 2019
238 posts
89 upvotes
How does this compare to the ones available on primecables?
Sep 14, 2018
272 posts
338 upvotes
darkhorz1 wrote: How does this compare to the ones available on primecables?
I got this instead of the prime cables equivalent for $34 (+tax) as the prime cables gas one was more like $50 or so at the time. They seem to be a pretty similar design and I kind of think prime cables have become a bit overpriced with some items especially during COVID.

It has been great for me for the 2 months I've had it, no issues so far and easy to set up, it stays in place and i've never had it drop or anything even when lowering and raising desk a few times a day. I've got it clipped to the edge of a adjustable standing desk holding a 24 inch monitor. The yellow branding stickers are a bit ugly but peel off easily so it just looks unbranded.
Last edited by asmcar on Aug 28th, 2020 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 24, 2011
888 posts
233 upvotes
First impact of RFD for the day .... Smiling Face With Horns

Ordered one .... Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2055 posts
776 upvotes
Vietlord wrote: Got this a couple years back. Works great for my 32" 4k monitor.
it said 27" max. You are overloading it lol.
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
May 22, 2012
639 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Will these kind of mounts work if my desk is right against the wall, from pictures it seems like the elbow would need room behind the desk if I don’t expand it to full height.
Jul 23, 2009
525 posts
339 upvotes
Brampton, ON
depends on how far back. the arm can go to side, so monitor wont be flush against the wall, will stick out 3-4 inches.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1171 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It seems to have pretty poor reviews;

And it wouldn't work for Ikea Linnon desks?
Mar 19, 2005
836 posts
9 upvotes
Guys, there's nothing complicated with this mount. Own 2. It has a desk clamp for install or screw in. Don't overload it obviously. You can move the monitor arm in if you are gonna have it up against a wall and just angle your arms appropriately. I don't see any blockers.

I have no use for another but I actually just bought one anyways to have on hand for if I need. I've seen these go as high as 70-80 before so no brainer on this one.
Oct 17, 2011
275 posts
397 upvotes
Toronto
Heads up; the default $25.40 price from third-party seller emmy001 adds tax at checkout, but if you switch to the $25.90 listing (sold by NB North Bayou) there's no tax, so it ends up a few bucks cheaper.
Mar 19, 2005
836 posts
9 upvotes
costabile wrote: Heads up; the default $25.40 price from third-party seller emmy001 adds tax at checkout, but if you switch to the $25.90 listing (sold by NB North Bayou) there's no tax, so it ends up a few bucks cheaper.
Great call out!! I just cancelled the order I put in and resubmitted under NB to save about 3.50. Cheers!
May 22, 2012
639 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Valek wrote: Guys, there's nothing complicated with this mount. Own 2. It has a desk clamp for install or screw in. Don't overload it obviously. You can move the monitor arm in if you are gonna have it up against a wall and just angle your arms appropriately. I don't see any blockers.

I have no use for another but I actually just bought one anyways to have on hand for if I need. I've seen these go as high as 70-80 before so no brainer on this one.
Thanks for the info, ordered one
costabile wrote: Heads up; the default $25.40 price from third-party seller emmy001 adds tax at checkout, but if you switch to the $25.90 listing (sold by NB North Bayou) there's no tax, so it ends up a few bucks cheaper.
Good catch!

And Thanks OP