• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2020 1:31 pm
[OP]
May 4, 2008
4 posts
7 upvotes
BC, Canada

[Amazon.ca] Nu Finish Liquid Car Polish $12.37

Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 17th, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wrong amazon was in retailer field
11 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1539 posts
356 upvotes
Bought this stuff on clearance at Walmart for $8. Was recommended by Scotty Kilmer to use on your windshield to repel water. Well that was a mistake. At night in the rain, street lights made my view look like disco ball. Haven't tried it on my paint.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1304 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have any experience with this? I think applying this with the current weather temps should be good right (ie. Not too hot)?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6191 posts
1035 upvotes
Ontario
jumperson22 wrote: Anyone have any experience with this? I think applying this with the current weather temps should be good right (ie. Not too hot)?
I have lots of experience with this. Be careful not to get on any plastic black trim as it's like permanent there and will show white. Other than that, you can certainly use in the current cooler temperatures. Good luck!
RFD is making me broke thanks to all the great deals I take part in, and I don't know if I should be happy or sad.
Aug 9, 2010
445 posts
325 upvotes
The formula has changed. Originally this was made by Reed-Union Corporation and would work like a once a year sealant. In 2018 or so Energizer acquired Nu Finish and the product hasn't been the same since. It doesn't last nearly as long now.
Sep 18, 2019
136 posts
204 upvotes
how is this nu compared to meguiars?
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13359 posts
8330 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Squeeky wrote: Bought this stuff on clearance at Walmart for $8. Was recommended by Scotty Kilmer to use on your windshield to repel water. Well that was a mistake. At night in the rain, street lights made my view look like disco ball. Haven't tried it on my paint.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Nov 21, 2018
58 posts
46 upvotes
Markham
I like meguiars ultimate liquid wax. Durability for me is 2-3 months on a car parked outside all the time. My plan this winter is to apply meguiars ULW some time in the next few weeks and boost it with meguiars quik wax or Turtle wax spray wax/coating once every month or so.

I doubt nu-finish can make it much longer than that but I hope to be proven wrong. Always looking for that next miracle product.

Btw, the turtle wax seal and shine or hybrid ceramic sprays are in this realm of products (price, shine, performance) but are significantly easier to apply and wont stain trim. Those are worth considering.
Nov 16, 2016
927 posts
848 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Squeeky wrote: Bought this stuff on clearance at Walmart for $8. Was recommended by Scotty Kilmer to use on your windshield to repel water. Well that was a mistake. At night in the rain, street lights made my view look like disco ball. Haven't tried it on my paint.
Yeah i've tried a bunch of different waxes and polishes. All cause that to happen. I had a big plan to use the waxes so my car wouldnt have water condensed on the windshield in the morning. That was a big big mistake!
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Feb 11, 2016
38 posts
76 upvotes
Pr0metheus wrote: I have lots of experience with this. Be careful not to get on any plastic black trim as it's like permanent there and will show white. Other than that, you can certainly use in the current cooler temperatures. Good luck!
I've used it too, I agree, make sure not to get it on the plastic black trim. If you do, wipe it off ASAP. I still use it once a year or so but agree, it isn't the same formula as before, maybe twice a year, but it still works well.
I was at Walmart the other night and it's the same price there.

I haven't used the paste but I have used the liquid.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=7816100006
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=7816100007
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7919 posts
4312 upvotes
Alberta
NuFinish used to be my go to polish but it's too hard to remove if you leave it on too long. And as mentioned, don't get it on the black trim. Now I only use Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine, this stuff is great.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2139 posts
1322 upvotes
I use to use paste wax and Jet seal a lot. Now a days I use synthetic paste wax 1-2 a year and use Turtle wax Seal and Shine whenever I wash my car. Seal and shine lasts many months and I love the product.