• May 7th, 2020 12:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21246 posts
153167 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon.ca] Nuraphone Headphone $339 tax in

Amazon has Nuraphone headphones on sale for $339.00 (looks to be tax inclusive, so actually $300+tax). Really polarizing opinions on this, probably going to pass myself as I don't like in-ear that much, but for those interested, the price does not look to have gone much lower than this.

https://www.amazon.ca/nuraphone-Bluetoo ... 076X4KH11/
Last edited by toguy on May 7th, 2020 8:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
7 replies
Oct 7, 2017
628 posts
869 upvotes
I'm definitely tempted but have returned a few things to Amazon as of late and don't want to risk it on these. But I agree they're extremely polarizing. I've heard some people say they're amazing, and others that they're a scam.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1776 posts
3640 upvotes
Was curious about this design in the past, but seemed a little too weird to shell out $500 for a blind buy, wish I could demo these locally.
Oct 11, 2010
8 posts
2 upvotes
I have a pair myself and love it. I've also pre ordered the nuraloop which is shipping soon. ❤️
Dec 22, 2017
300 posts
477 upvotes
Just get a pair of QC35IIs, can't go wrong with tried and true
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21246 posts
153167 upvotes
GTA
Wound up caving on these, read some more reviews and these don't actually go into the ear canal, so they are not like traditional IEMs where they need to fit properly so that they stay in. With these, it's just more or less a seal at the opening of the ear canal.

Anyway, very, very impressive sound coming from these - boomy bass yet mids and highs are very clear. Have to see how the battery life pans out and how comfortable they are to wear over longer listening sessions before I decide whether I want to keep them, but this is the most I have been impressed by any pair of headphones I have purchased.

P.S. Updated the OP to indicate the total cost on these are $339 taxes in (or 300+tax, at least in ON).
Last edited by toguy on May 7th, 2020 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1531 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
Hey OP do you have other bluetooth headphones you could compare these to?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21246 posts
153167 upvotes
GTA
jindogae wrote: Hey OP do you have other bluetooth headphones you could compare these to?
The only other ones that I have are the Beats Solo 3s that I also bought because of RFD a couple years back, lol ($125). Sound quality-wise, these blow those out of the water, no question. To make a more fair comparison to Beats though, you'd probably want to compare the Nuraphones to the flagship Studio 3s, which I have never tried.

I have had other wired headphones (mid range Sennheiser, AKG) and neither of those impressed me out of the box like this one did - in fact with those, I had buyers remorse as I didn't feel the sound quality was that much better than cheaper headphones I already had. I will say that while I didn't experience a 'jaw drop' like in some of the video reviews online (I am also not a basshead), the sound quality is fantastic with a very wide soundstage (despite being closed-back). I am definitely hearing details in songs that I have not heard before.

Have only had them a day, but so far:

Pros:

-Awesome sound, powerful bass , yet remarkable clarity in the mids and highs
-Excellent build quality (both the headphones and case)
-Automatic on/off when you put them on/take them off, with battery level readout
-Very effective active noise cancellation (this was added via an update)
-Programmable touch side buttons

Cons:

-Non-folding design may be an issue for some people, case is somewhat more bulky due to this, not as ideal for travel
-Side buttons, while programmable, are very sensitive and easily get pressed accidentally when adjusting the set on your head
-Comfort may be an issue for long listening sessions, clamping force is a bit strong but perhaps just needs breaking in
-Only one set of ear tips included (i.e. only one size)
-Charging cable is non-standard, proprietary, so will have to re-order that specific one ($30) when it fails