Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Nvdia Shield TV with remote and controller $259

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2018 6:55 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
2091 posts
2413 upvotes
Toronto
lowridin_guy wrote: I would use a different file explorer personally. Try X-Plore. There's been issues with ES file explorer over the years apparently sending data back overseas. Not to mention some annoying bubble/notification that would pop up in the bottom right hand corner that would appear from time to time. ES used to be great but I trust other more.
Thanks for this
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Nov 24, 2009
85 posts
291 upvotes
Quebec City
flyer12 wrote: What is the difference between this and the Pro (that was on sale at Newegg for $299 earlier this week)?
Is it just the lack of 500GB HDD and the MicroSd slot?
The pro also uses an IR remote, the deal is on the non pro version, who has a Bluetooth remote, useful to know if you have a Logitech Harmony without Harmony Hub (I just shopped for one and I have an harmony 650)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 3, 2005
5295 posts
1266 upvotes
Georgetown
sebacote wrote: The pro also uses an IR remote, the deal is on the non pro version, who has a Bluetooth remote, useful to know if you have a Logitech Harmony without Harmony Hub (I just shopped for one and I have an harmony 650)
I imagine there is not issue with the Shield (non Pro version) when you have a Harmony Hub - correct?
Nov 24, 2009
85 posts
291 upvotes
Quebec City
Tiberius wrote: I imagine there is not issue with the Shield (non Pro version) when you have a Harmony Hub - correct?
Exactly! Your Harmony hub catches the IR commands and send them via bluetooth to the non pro Shield, the one in this deal!
Jul 21, 2013
979 posts
661 upvotes
Calgary
sebacote wrote: Exactly! Your Harmony hub catches the IR commands and send them via bluetooth to the non pro Shield, the one in this deal!
If you use the harmony remote it goes through RF and it so much more responsive.

Shield is the fastest Netflix certified box out there, still a hot buy.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
Bessem wrote: cold deal ,this is a 3 years old ship and was 209$ three years ago at amazon including the remote and the controller ( if i m not mistaken the seller was canadadirect )
buy yourself a time machine,
That just means it was a better value back then, truth is its still by far the best android option for a streaming box. Also the canadian dollar has taken a hit since then. The tegra x1 is still comparable to the high end android phone chips we have today, I dont care how old it is. Nvidia has been supporting the device well, and the hardware has been reliable which is not something we can say about most alternatives. I doubt anyone else will make an android device that can truly compete anytime soon.
Mar 26, 2007
325 posts
203 upvotes
According to the triple camel, the lowest this has been is $239.99, which includes a controller (no controller=$199.99). The data only dates back to January 2017 though.

Historically, it appears there were price drops around the Black Friday/Cyber Monday timeframe for both packages.

I'm tempted but want to think about it some more.
Sep 4, 2009
283 posts
253 upvotes
Milton, ON
Happosai wrote: According to the triple camel, the lowest this has been is $239.99, which includes a controller (no controller=$199.99). The data only dates back to January 2017 though.

Historically, it appears there were price drops around the Black Friday/Cyber Monday timeframe for both packages.

I'm tempted but want to think about it some more.
if you're not in a hurry to get one id wait. patience is key i started watching early summer and i waited a couple months and was able to get it on newegg during the 25% off sale. Sales will come
Nov 27, 2013
439 posts
227 upvotes
After 3 years the price is still the same for this box?

Unfortunately is still the best Android Box out there so the price stays the same lol
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1717 posts
424 upvotes
Bought the $229 version a couple weeks ago. I love it for streaming... didn’t really buy it for gaming, but I tried playing rocket league on it.. it required my steam login.. and it was horrible. Not sure if it was a bad internet connection or what. Is this the best way to play gamesmanship on this? Or should I have my gaming computer on.. to somehow use my good graphics card (in my gaming computer). If this is even possible. As you can tell I don’t know much about this. Any advice.

What I tried was unplayable
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1450 posts
1346 upvotes
Oakville
Ebay / Newegg has it for $279.99. Add the 15% coupon eBay has tomorrow and it comes to $237.99..... free shipping.
Feb 22, 2017
406 posts
272 upvotes
Happosai wrote: According to the triple camel, the lowest this has been is $239.99, which includes a controller (no controller=$199.99). The data only dates back to January 2017 though.
just a reminder trēs Camelus can be wrong as we learned last thread about shield it usually fails to catch one day only or less sales, but even if this was $239.99 considering American sales prices lately and the size of the box a reshipper like shipito is a better deal.
unless impatient I'd wait till black friday or sooner if there ends up being any "real" sales
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
LOOSEWHEEL wrote: Ebay / Newegg has it for $279.99. Add the 15% coupon eBay has tomorrow and it comes to $237.99..... free shipping.
Don't worry price will go up tmr. They always do it.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2303 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal
LOOSEWHEEL wrote: Ebay / Newegg has it for $279.99. Add the 15% coupon eBay has tomorrow and it comes to $237.99..... free shipping.
thank you ,
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Jan 2, 2006
245 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
What was the live-streams price for Pro, was it ever lower than $369? I am aiming this one but probably will wait till Black Friday.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
299$ on Newegg a few months ago.
calexicoca wrote: What was the live-streams price for Pro, was it ever lower than $369? I am aiming this one but probably will wait till Black Friday.