• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2021 1:27 am
[OP]
Jul 21, 2021
61 posts
154 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Nvidia 1050ti $247.98

Long time lurker, first time poster. I know it's not a 3060, but at during this current market situation, this is one of the few graphics cards you can get for under $300.
48 replies
Nov 23, 2020
10 posts
75 upvotes
I have insufficient number of posts to downvote this
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2572 posts
2824 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
considering i just sold a used 1050 Ti last week for $300 and people fought over it... This $247.98 card brand new is a very good deal. Though I am seeing it for $330

nvm had to click new and used and it showed cheaper ones
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1488 posts
2483 upvotes
Vancouver
ddlee0220 wrote: I have insufficient number of posts to downvote this
No worries, we'll use your post thumbsup to indicate downvote
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1488 posts
2483 upvotes
Vancouver
junglemage666 wrote: considering i just sold a used 1050 Ti last week for $300 and people fought over it... This $247.98 card brand new is a very good deal. Though I am seeing it for $330

LMao

What a ripoff. I bought a brand new 1070 ti last year before pandemic for $320.

Ripoff pricing because of pandemic is still ripoff pricing
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1235 posts
1180 upvotes
Patiently waiting, no rush, cuz longer it takes to get video card, the less i need to spend on games Winking Face
Nov 13, 2014
121 posts
92 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
What the absolute hell is this
Mar 6, 2019
308 posts
390 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote: considering i just sold a used 1050 Ti last week for $300 and people fought over it... This $247.98 card brand new is a very good deal. Though I am seeing it for $330

Did you have the buyer come over and test out the card? Going to sell my 1070, and the only thing stopping me is how to prove that it works as I don't have a PC to put it into anymore.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1524 posts
643 upvotes
crazy how much cards go for. I bought a 1050ti lp for like 200 a few years ago and sold it last year for 350 on ebay.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1488 posts
2483 upvotes
Vancouver
OleSolskjaer wrote: Did you have the buyer come over and test out the card? Going to sell my 1070, and the only thing stopping me is how to prove that it works as I don't have a PC to put it into anymore.
Nope, don't need to do this

As long as YOU are sure it's working, then good to go.
Sep 18, 2010
97 posts
58 upvotes
Canada

That's crazy. I have seen better or equavilent cards on ebay and kijiji for a lot less. Bought a 780 and a 960 for $200 each.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1235 posts
1180 upvotes
Someone in this thread has a gaming addiction, high anxiety or just a serious case of FOMO Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1219 posts
1043 upvotes
Moncton
Yeah.... third party sellers on anything other than Amazon? No thank you even if I liked the price.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
Feb 19, 2017
530 posts
378 upvotes
You can find new latest gen GPUs in bundle deals now for about 20-30% over MSRP. Not great, but better than its has been. It's probably still going to be quite a while until you can buy a latest gen GPU by itself for MSRP.
Aug 8, 2010
423 posts
371 upvotes
danascully wrote: LMao

Yet not having a time machine has still not been resolved... I think it's due to the chip shortage... right?!
Wonder how come all these so called psychics did t give us a heads up about a pandemic
Aug 8, 2010
423 posts
371 upvotes
danascully wrote: Nope, don't need to do this

As long as YOU are sure it's working, then good to go.
Except why would I as a buyer trust YOU as a stranger to believe the card works. That's the issue with selling used electronics without being able to test it. All the risk is on the buyer.

I've been burned 1 time that I didn't test it as I was in a hurry and guy assured me it worked. Ended up with a dead machine that had suffered undisclosed water damage. The pics and video the guy sent me showing it worked were obviously not legit.

NEVER.
AGAIN.

If I can't test or see such an item function properly, I'm moving on to the next seller who can probixee that peace of mind.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1488 posts
2483 upvotes
Vancouver
-KILO- wrote: Except why would I as a buyer trust YOU as a stranger to believe the card works. That's the issue with selling used electronics without being able to test it. All the risk is on the buyer.

I've been burned 1 time that I didn't test it as I was in a hurry and guy assured me it worked. Ended up with a dead machine that had suffered undisclosed water damage. The pics and video the guy sent me showing it worked were obviously not legit.

NEVER.
AGAIN.

If I can't test or see such an item function properly, I'm moving on to the next seller who can probixee that peace of mind.
You do you

As a seller, there's also no way for me to know once the item has left my possession that you didn't do something to DOA it. So it goes both ways.

Caveat emptor or so the saying goes when buying used anything
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2572 posts
2824 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
danascully wrote: LMao

Like I said, they fought over it, I priced it at $200 when I saw others for $300, they bid their way to $300. You don't have to buy it if you don't want to pay the price.. these are older cards and not scalper pricing. Scalping is buying new stuff that gets sold out and profiting. This was used, and people bought it for $300
OleSolskjaer wrote: Did you have the buyer come over and test out the card? Going to sell my 1070, and the only thing stopping me is how to prove that it works as I don't have a PC to put it into anymore.
I made a video with my phone, showing it installed in my system, and I ran a couple of benchmarks to show the card works. The dude didn't even want to see the video, lol.. just took the card, gave the cash and left.
krimsonknite wrote: That's crazy. I have seen better or equavilent cards on ebay and kijiji for a lot less. Bought a 780 and a 960 for $200 each.
the 1050 Ti is better than both of those cards, or close to them, thats probably why. The 1050 Ti is near silent, uses very little power, produces very little heat, and best of all.. it runs off the motherboard pci power, doesnt need a strong PSU or its own pins (this is a big thing for people with tight budgets and/or needing tiny systems)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
1075 posts
1677 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
I have an EVGA GTX 1050 that I bought for $150 5 years ago. What can I put it on Kijiji for?