Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

NVIDIA SHIELD Pro back in-stock $259.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 7:10 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
2057 posts
1711 upvotes
Pickering
I'm seeing $240 + 5.54 for it?
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $75/60GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB + $50/50GB/BYOD
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2828 posts
2638 upvotes
Deemo wrote: Is this a deal?
Because I thought this was Red Flag *DEALS*.
It's a deal for them because it keeps selling out, so they're sharing the in stock notification. But because this thing is so popular and people are always posting about it, there should probably be one nvidia shield thread in the ongoing deals forum.
Dec 25, 2018
30 posts
15 upvotes
I bought this last christmas around the 250 price and it has been worth every dollar. Highly recommended purchase.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3630 posts
2289 upvotes
West Coast
Went to buy it from staples but realized my 20 off coupon is no longer valid. Time to hold off until another sale as I have the 2017 version and its good, but want the better remote and Dolby upgrades.

Great media box
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Nov 30, 2007
821 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver
Lush78 wrote: This is better than fire stick for many more reasons than emulation... Every possible way, except price I suppose.
And if you’re not gaming the vero 4K is about $80 cheaper and has a lot more support for HD audio formats like Atmos. Plus you don’t have to hack and slash, OSMC is baked into the unit.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
5020 posts
5138 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I am new to this.
Is Sheild or vero 4K much bettter then other Android box that use S905x3 CPU?
Those seem to much lower price and have 4gb of ram
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11867 posts
9722 upvotes
Toronto
cheapshopper wrote: I am new to this.
Is Sheild or vero 4K much bettter then other Android box that use S905x3 CPU?
Those seem to much lower price and have 4gb of ram
Shield uses Android TV OS with built in CC Ultra and regular updates (even 2015 model still gets updates) while generic boxes use regular Android with no updates or CC support. Much more optimized and user friendly for TV use.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
11581 posts
3972 upvotes
Winnipeg
andsoitgoes wrote: And if you’re not gaming the vero 4K is about $80 cheaper and has a lot more support for HD audio formats like Atmos. Plus you don’t have to hack and slash, OSMC is baked into the unit.
yeah but the 4k+ is the only one that can actually compete becuase it runs an s905D with gigabit and uses 4.9 kernel and goes for alot more thaqn 80 bucks like over 100 pounds.

Which you can pick up an s905x3 4gb ram much cheaper with equal playback on coreelec. they have some gigabit usb 3 versions for around 60 at amazon/prime and an even cheaper 2g/16gb versions with both 2.5/5ghz too but no gigabit for around 45 at banggood.

for 120 look at an odroid n2. Honestly I think s905x4 is soon to be released and its gonna support av1.
Nov 30, 2007
821 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver
lead wrote: yeah but the 4k+ is the only one that can actually compete becuase it runs an s905D with gigabit and uses 4.9 kernel and goes for alot more thaqn 80 bucks like over 100 pounds.

Which you can pick up an s905x3 4gb ram much cheaper with equal playback on coreelec. they have some gigabit usb 3 versions for around 60 at amazon/prime and an even cheaper 2g/16gb versions with both 2.5/5ghz too but no gigabit for around 45 at banggood.

for 120 look at an odroid n2. Honestly I think s905x4 is soon to be released and its gonna support av1.
My thing is that I need a device that will be able to run Atmos stuff. No other players on the market do it.

I also have faith that the OSMC team is going to keep working and get DV going.

Thing is every other device has ports of the media players, but the Vero has OSMC as its base.

I’ve messed around with Pi units before and while the odroid is nice, the support just isn’t fast enough for my liking.
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10006 posts
2841 upvotes
Montreal
Even hotter it's $259.99 now. :) Love Nvidia Shield, constant updates and the new remote is so much better than that stick of gum remote that freezes and eats up batteries like no tomorrow. :)
Apr 18, 2008
620 posts
1152 upvotes
BC
yuprules wrote: Even hotter it's $259.99 now. :) Love Nvidia Shield, constant updates and the new remote is so much better than that stick of gum remote that freezes and eats up batteries like no tomorrow. :)
While I've never had an issue with the old remote freezing or eating batteries, it DOES get lost in the couch too well.
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10006 posts
2841 upvotes
Montreal
MandomRix wrote: While I've never had an issue with the old remote freezing or eating batteries, it DOES get lost in the couch too well.
Mine is always freezing, I even have to eject the batteries sometimes to get it working again (with fresh coin batteries too). I love the new remote, especially the find new button on the this 2019 model!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
5020 posts
5138 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If I only use for Netflix and Plex, do I need the Pro model? Or I can go with the stick one??
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Apr 19, 2009
121 posts
95 upvotes
cheapshopper wrote: If I only use for Netflix and Plex, do I need the Pro model? Or I can go with the stick one??
If you want to play 4K files on Plex, play games or use it as a Plex server, get the Pro. If it's strictly an upscale box for streaming services and 1080p Plex files, the Tube ought to be fine
May 12, 2008
88 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
Nairbod wrote: If you want to play 4K files on Plex, play games or use it as a Plex server, get the Pro. If it's strictly an upscale box for streaming services and 1080p Plex files, the Tube ought to be fine
I'm buying a 4K TV this year and how does the 4K and upscale work for the Nvidia shield Pro? Does it auto detect the TV capability and upscale or play media automatically in 4K HDR/Dolby vision etc?
Aug 1, 2016
466 posts
844 upvotes
Evagelion wrote: I'm buying a 4K TV this year and how does the 4K and upscale work for the Nvidia shield Pro? Does it auto detect the TV capability and upscale or play media automatically in 4K HDR/Dolby vision etc?
Definitely get the PRO if you're looking to play 4k HDR/Dolby Vision files.
Feb 13, 2004
971 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
DannyH17 wrote: Definitely get the PRO if you're looking to play 4k HDR/Dolby Vision files.
Can the non pro play 4k hdr files from an attached hard drive okay? Also I read it doesn't support youtube HDR. Thats dissapointing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)