• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 1:15 am
[OP]
Aug 9, 2014
112 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] NVIDIA Shield TV Pro restocked

It's back in stock and sold by Amazon. Showed 20+ in stock at time of posting.
63 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1258 posts
921 upvotes
Nepean
Can i sideload utorrent android app on this or any of the non ethical streaming apps?
Jul 21, 2013
683 posts
349 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks, managed to get one! There is more stock underway, some Canadian Computers have them in store, mem express will probably get them soon too.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2899 posts
888 upvotes
Ottawa
naumb25 wrote: It's back in stock and sold by Amazon. Showed 20+ in stock at time of posting.
You're a good man Charlie Brown
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2828 posts
1301 upvotes
West Coast
Luddite here. Aside from the increased ram and storage, what are the differences between the regular and pro? Seems like there has been a lot of interest in the pro recently and I don't recall there being this much activity on it before when the regular and pro were being discussed.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Jul 21, 2013
683 posts
349 upvotes
Calgary
Richfields wrote: Luddite here. Aside from the increased ram and storage, what are the differences between the regular and pro? Seems like there has been a lot of interest in the pro recently and I don't recall there being this much activity on it before when the regular and pro were being discussed.
The Pro is 64bit so you can't run everything on the standard.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3288 posts
1584 upvotes
Toronto
I really want to pull the trigger, but the cheapo in me wants to hold out for $259.99 at Staples, along with a coupon.
Curse my cheapo gene!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1730 posts
972 upvotes
Kitchener
Roger21 wrote: The Pro is 64bit so you can't run everything on the standard.
Sorry what?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1730 posts
972 upvotes
Kitchener
I know this one has a faster processor then the last version (not the tube), but does anyone here have both?

Can you comment if this new one is a noticeable upgrade? If yes what do you find this one does better, in the real world, not just stats on paper.

Trying to see if I can justify this lol, or just stick with the older one for a bit (or a lot) longer.
Last edited by keyser-soze on Jun 3rd, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1730 posts
972 upvotes
Kitchener
AllanT232 wrote: the tube is 32-bit android the pro is 64-bit
Thank you. So the pro can sideload more apps then the tube? Is that what they were trying to say?
Feb 12, 2014
514 posts
1320 upvotes
vancouver
keyser-soze wrote: I know this one has a faster processor then the last version (not the tube), but does anyone here have both?

Can you comment if this new one is a noticeable upgrade? If yes what do you find this one does better, in the real world, not just stats on paper.

Trying to see if I can justify this lol, or just stick with the older one for a bit (or a lot) longer.
the only reason you would want to upgrade is if you will use dolby vision or use ai upscaling for 480p to 1080p upscalled to whatever resolution you are watching.
some people will use it to upscale 1080p videos for their 4k tv and others will use it to upscale their lower quality anime sometimes 480p to 1080p or whatever, so unless you plan to use those things.
if you already stream native 1080p or 4k from whatever source and don't use dolby vision or ai upscaling then it will make no difference and you can prob wait til the next generation of nvidia shield.
Last edited by AllanT232 on Jun 3rd, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3288 posts
1584 upvotes
Toronto
keyser-soze wrote: Sorry what?
Some apps are 64bit only, so can't be used on tube.
Pro can handle 64 and 32 bit.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1776 posts
896 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
pro can handle those sweet sweet remuxes
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1730 posts
972 upvotes
Kitchener
AllanT232 wrote:
the only reason you would want to upgrade is if you will use dolby vision or use ai upscaling for 480p to 1080p upscalled to whatever resolution you are watching.
some people will use it to upscale 1080p videos for their 4k tv and others will use it to upscale their lower quality anime sometimes 480p to 1080p or whatever, so unless you plan to use those things.
if you already stream native 1080p or 4k from whatever source and don't use dolby vision or ai upscaling then it will make no difference and you can prob wait til the next generation of nvidia shield.
Thank you from my wife, she's happy I'm not ordering another media box lol