Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Obihai OBi200 1-Port VoIP Adapter with Google Voice and Fax Support ($79.76)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 1:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2341 posts
1158 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] Obihai OBi200 1-Port VoIP Adapter with Google Voice and Fax Support ($79.76)

Obi 200 is back on sale. The price hasn't been this low in awhile.

This is the only brand of ATA that supports Google Voice.

Thinking of picking this up as a backup if and when my 10 year old Linksys ATA dies.

Deciding between THIS and the Grandstream HT-801. As I understand this has way more features and a more user friendly GUI than the Grandstream.

This thing is rarely on sale anymore so if you need it now, this is a good time to pick one up.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FCS1NGM/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
65 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2341 posts
1158 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
nightwalker wrote: How do you get Google Voice to work on this?
Isn't the loophole closed?
I already have a Google Voice line from years ago so I'm not sure if you can register for a new one now.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1738 posts
1088 upvotes
For what it’s worth I picked up a used Grandstream HT-801 on Kijiji for $25, it works great with FreePhoneLine VoIP. Lots of way to save money for someone looking for a landline type solution.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2341 posts
1158 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
shayne85 wrote: For what it’s worth I picked up a used Grandstream HT-801 on Kijiji for $25, it works great with FreePhoneLine VoIP. Lots of way to save money for someone looking for a landline type solution.
Nice, it's hard to find a HT-801 for sale in my area let alone at that price. Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3824 posts
2352 upvotes
Toronto
With a friend or relative in the US who hasn't yet confirmed their US phone number with Google Voice.
Oct 14, 2017
787 posts
833 upvotes
Guys, how does this compare to the Cisco PAP2 modem? I've been using that with my freephobeline.ca for 10 years. Not sure what benefit I'll get with this one?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
5629 posts
5279 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Will google voice support fax? I specifically want free fax service.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3824 posts
2352 upvotes
Toronto
justrajdeep wrote: What's the difference between this and ooma?
I have an OBI and although I don't have an Ooma, I believe they offer their own proprietary premier VOIP service with their ATA and the OBI can be used with any 3rd-party provider like voip.ms, Anveo, freephoneline, etc.

More info here:
another-ooma-vs-voip-ms-question-1636803/
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1319 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
justrajdeep wrote: What's the difference between this and ooma?
Dhanushan wrote: Ooma is a full-service residential VoIP that can completely replace your landline service, Obihai is essentially a gateway for you to access another VoIP service.

from Comparing Residential Home Phone Service: Ooma Telo vs. Obihai with Google Voice
Ooma also has a monthly fee associated with it (albeit a small one of a few dollars I think) whereas the obihai with freephoneline does not. I picked up an obihai when COVID started as I was in need of a landline for work calls and cell phone reception in a high rise condo can be pretty crappy. Been using it ever since and it's been great!
Aug 30, 2019
805 posts
629 upvotes
Brampton
Yes i tried to get it from ebay few days ago but when you login it will ask you to confirm your account with US number. Thats where it will forward your calls from google voice.
Nov 23, 2012
189 posts
102 upvotes
Ontario
AsianXL wrote:
Deciding between THIS and the Grandstream HT-801.
There's really no comparison. Because of the call routing features, number of providers it can support, auto-attendant, etc., no other residential ATA brand offers more features or is better suited for FPL.
You might want to read Webslinger's old posts.
Last edited by Dahlya on Oct 25th, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 8, 2013
116 posts
103 upvotes
AMHERST
Quick tip: you can usually still find google voice accounts on fiver(r)
Sellers know some tricks that still work
Last edited by joshfindit on Oct 25th, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.