Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Obihai OBi200 1-Port VoIP Adapter with Google Voice and Fax Support ($79.76)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 1:22 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Tempted, but my HT-701 is still kicking after 8yrs with FreePhoneLine.
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10332 posts
6699 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Been using for many years... have few 1 series as well but just recently put all lines on obi 200 as can then use better security on voipms.

For fax, does it work both on GV and voipms?
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
Glad I got my FPL unlock key and my ATA back when I did. I probably paid like $150 all-in with equipment, porting fee, and ATA unlock key at the time. Back then, cell plans generally weren't "unlimited" yet when it came to talk time. It doesn't seem worth it nowadays.
Apr 22, 2018
104 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
joshfindit wrote: Quick tip: you can usually still find google voice accounts on fiver(r)
Sellers know some tricks that still work
Are there ongoing comms with the US number or is it just for the initial setup ?
Aug 18, 2017
300 posts
507 upvotes
I just purchased the Grandstream HT802 for switching my home phone to VOIP.MS. Did some research before deciding on which ATA to purchase and seems Obihai is very popular on RFD. At the time of purchase, HT802 was $55 ish and Obihai 2xx was $100+ and only available from third party sellers . But now Obi200 is on sale. Is it worth the hassle of returning the grandstream and getting this one instead? I'll probably only have one line with VOIP.MS and don't have google voice. What's the benefits of Obihai VS grandstream? Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6586 posts
1749 upvotes
rural ontario
Obihai was bought by polycon about a year or so ago. Sadly there has been no firmware update for the 200 series since last year.

Their business line still do get firmware updates, in theory they (3xx) may also work on the 200 series.

Obi also mentioned there was a supply chain issue and there was a shortage of new 200's for a while.

I have a 200 and would still be using my old 100, but I wanted to use encryption with voip.ms
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2962 posts
2338 upvotes
Calgary
I have been using an Obi200 since 2016. It is an excellent device and has saved me a pile of money on our landline. We use Freephoneline for our primary line (ported my number there). This gives free incoming calls and free outgoing in Canada and also includes voicemail, caller ID, etc.

You can then use Google to get free outgoing USA calls - note that you do not need to go through the hoops of getting a Google Voice number if you just want outbound calling - it connects via Google Hangouts for free outbound. I used the outbound only “hangouts” connection until February of this year, when I finally activated a GV number when I was down in the US for a vacation, but this only added the ability to have a US number for people to call me on (basically useless) - it also now shows an outbound caller ID when I dial out from Google since it’s registered to an actual number now.
Apr 21, 2017
657 posts
854 upvotes
Chelsea
Just my 0.02 - bought my VoIP on ebay as it wasn’t sold anywhere in Canada at the time, to replace the 30$/month (!!!!!!) landline of my parents with Anveo @ ~40$ a years.

With e-911 and everything, plus no issue with installation, they haven’t seen a difference whatsoever, and are saving upwards of 300$/year.

Definitely a no-brainer in 2020
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
jarfgames wrote: I have been using an Obi200 since 2016. It is an excellent device and has saved me a pile of money on our landline. We use Freephoneline for our primary line (ported my number there). This gives free incoming calls and free outgoing in Canada and also includes voicemail, caller ID, etc.

You can then use Google to get free outgoing USA calls - note that you do not need to go through the hoops of getting a Google Voice number if you just want outbound calling - it connects via Google Hangouts for free outbound. I use the outbound only “hangouts” connection until February of this year, when I finally activated a GV number when I was down in the US for a vacation, but this only added the ability to have a US number for people to call me on (basically useless) - it also now shows an outbound caller ID when I dial out from Google since it’s registered to an actual number now.
Also have same with US Google Voice so USfamfriend can call me for free with freephoneline sip ported in my old landline few years back.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
i have the 202 obi with FPL and 2 lines, one google usa voice ! still issues on and off but for the most part it works, been using it for 5 years i think now, unlock key was likek 50 bucks back then, not sure how much it is now...also when i call my FPL it goes to the auto attendant..i have to press 1 to continue the call...its kinda annoying
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Aug 7, 2010
319 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
nightwalker wrote: How do you get Google Voice to work on this?
Isn't the loophole closed?
1) A non-VOIP US-based number
(textverified(dot)com) charges US$2.50 for 1 text verification. Or If you have a friend or family in US that hasn't used their # to verify with Google, ask their help and it'll save $2.50.

2) VPN software to give you a US-based IP address
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
mikka2017 wrote: also when i call my FPL it goes to the auto attendant
You programmed the ATA to have incoming calls from your number sent to the Auto Attendant. That doesn't happen at defaults.
How hard is it to put a comma or pause followed by 1 into your phone's contact list anyway?
phone number, 1
It's not difficult.
Last edited by Dahlya on Oct 25th, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
Polymertank wrote: What's the benefits of Obihai VS grandstream? Thanks!
Webslinger's description several posts before yours describes them starting with, "OBi200/202 offers support for up to 4 SIP trunks and 8 voice gateways."
You can route and bridge calls between those services without requiring a PBX or another service to do it. You can also use multiple services, including Google Voice, on a single phone line and choose the cheapest long distance rate you want from them, and you can dial into the ATA and access all of the services provisioned on it. You're never limited to using a single service.
Jul 8, 2013
454 posts
616 upvotes
AMHERST
KFried wrote: Are there ongoing comms with the US number or is it just for the initial setup ?
In many cases you retain control of the number used to verify the account
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
Actually sold this for $100 USD on eBay the other day, flew off the shelf.
I had the older variant, but same model and all, just lighter grey and no top branding.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12019 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I am an VoIP junkie.

I have purchased a lot of ATAs. I still have Sipura ATAs before Linksys (Cisco) purchased them. I have a few PAP2s still kicking around and a few 3000s too.

I have a few OBiHai 100s still new in the box. No longer supported and it doesn’t work with google voice.

If you need google voice, this is the unit to buy. I doubt there will be support for it as Polycom has other plans with this line. But that is probably a few years away.
Jun 9, 2012
505 posts
361 upvotes
Vancouver
This used to be $70 on Newegg 2 years ago. Still a good deal if you don't have one though.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
Polymertank wrote: I just purchased the Grandstream HT802 for switching my home phone to VOIP.MS. Did some research before deciding on which ATA to purchase and seems Obihai is very popular on RFD. At the time of purchase, HT802 was $55 ish and Obihai 2xx was $100+ and only available from third party sellers . But now Obi200 is on sale. Is it worth the hassle of returning the grandstream and getting this one instead? I'll probably only have one line with VOIP.MS and don't have google voice. What's the benefits of Obihai VS grandstream? Thanks!
I just recently purchased an HT802 a couple days ago (currently $49.95 on Amazon with no tax).
Switched from an old Obi100 that was starting to give me lots of issues.

So far I am satisfied with the HT802 as far as sending/receiving calls goes. Audio is clear and it stays connected to my service (FreePhoneLine) without issue.
However if you're coming from an Obi, the lack of features on the Grandstream is quite obvious in comparison.
There are just so many more options on the Obi devices.
I remember I had a custom digit map set up on my Obi that allowed me to essentially "block" (ie. calls wouldn't ring and instead go directly to voice mail) an unlimited amount of numbers. I had like 50+ telemarketing numbers blocked on there over the years.

On the HT802, it also allows you to block numbers, but a maximum of 10. Pretty small amount in my opinion.

If you really just need to be able to send/receive calls with your provider and don't care about google voice, then you'll probably be fine with the HT802.
That said, if the Obi and Grandstream were equally priced, I'd definitely get an Obi.
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10332 posts
6699 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Gee wrote: I am an VoIP junkie.

I have purchased a lot of ATAs. I still have Sipura ATAs before Linksys (Cisco) purchased them. I have a few PAP2s still kicking around and a few 3000s too.

I have a few OBiHai 100s still new in the box. No longer supported and it doesn’t work with google voice.

If you need google voice, this is the unit to buy. I doubt there will be support for it as Polycom has other plans with this line. But that is probably a few years away.
They probably still work with voipms so still useful as I had Obi 110 with voipms working until two days ago.

Decided to simplify number of phones and wanted encryption on the voipms line that was Obi 110... moved to Obi 200.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
anyone was able to link obihai with freepbx?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)