Amazon.ca

Oculus quest 2 elite strap. $52.38

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2022 11:38 am
65 replies
Jun 14, 2015
105 posts
159 upvotes
Personally I found this strap fairly uncomfortable. I would recommend getting a halo strap over it.
Apr 3, 2003
309 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
While I didn't find it uncomfortable, I did find that my strap has major cracks on both sides of it after less than a year of use -- you will find lots of people complaining about this.

I'm going to contact Oculus support, but in the meantime I've picked up a halo strap
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3851 posts
1784 upvotes
Grimsby
I find this strap much more comfortable than the one included with the Quest 2, but yeah, as below I've had mine crack completely on one side. Oculus replaced it free of charge, but it looks nearly 2 months of back and forth with support regarding the issue, including sending back the broken one.
marksman wrote: While I didn't find it uncomfortable, I did find that my strap has major cracks on both sides of it after less than a year of use -- you will find lots of people complaining about this.

I'm going to contact Oculus support, but in the meantime I've picked up a halo strap
Jul 16, 2021
314 posts
467 upvotes
marksman wrote: While I didn't find it uncomfortable, I did find that my strap has major cracks on both sides of it after less than a year of use -- you will find lots of people complaining about this.

yes quite surprising that reddit is full of those and they didnt do anything about it yet, first gens of oculus had problems mostly there were tons of people with remotes cracking instead.
Jul 2, 2007
209 posts
469 upvotes
Montreal
Seen a lot of people had this strap break, I would look for other option. People seem to like KIWI or BOBOVR,
Jan 2, 2019
78 posts
243 upvotes
I don’t have the regular elite strap, I have the one with battery. Just to add a contrasting view, I love it. It’s miles better than the default strap, great for quick adjusting to demo VR to people or to tighten as you go (as sweat and time tends to make headsets slip a bit).

My elite strap is fine, no signs of cracking, and they have extended the warranty to two years for all of them in case you have an issue. I’ve heard it’s difficult to file a warranty claim, but that was just experiences posted online and not first hand experience.

For $50 this is a no-brainer IMO, unless you need the extended battery life of the elite strap + battery.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1042 posts
909 upvotes
skip this and go for bobovr or another halo strap
Aug 25, 2009
10 posts
canada
Did anyone's Amazon Quest 2 order ship yet? Mine's still stuck in order received since the 24th
Nov 20, 2008
76 posts
36 upvotes
shred_head wrote: Did anyone's Amazon Quest 2 order ship yet? Mine's still stuck in order received since the 24th
Mine stuck since the 22nd.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7026 posts
6021 upvotes
Ottawa
Man, I did not know just how "bad" the stock strap is and how even their "Elite" offering pales in comparison to a halo strap. You had one job, Mark. Glad there are third party options!
With Fido Mobile!
Aug 25, 2009
10 posts
canada
golam wrote: Mine stuck since the 22nd.
Hear any updates or anything? On their site of you try buying it again it says in stock Dec 20. Previously was saying Dec 6.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
10885 posts
8135 upvotes
Toronto
I agree there's lots of better options now halo and regular with more padding. Had the elite strap at the start, felt flimsy compared to a newer halo one. Accompanying egg shaped case was very awkward to handle.
Last edited by Angultra on Nov 30th, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
1917 posts
1657 upvotes
Ive had this since last may, lots of use as I share with my son. Easily adjustable and we are havent had any defects.
Jan 23, 2009
473 posts
402 upvotes
VI
shred_head wrote: Did anyone's Amazon Quest 2 order ship yet? Mine's still stuck in order received since the 24th
Mine too
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
1917 posts
1657 upvotes
bob12344 wrote: yes quite surprising that reddit is full of those and they didnt do anything about it yet, first gens of oculus had problems mostly there were tons of people with remotes cracking instead.
Why would anyone go to reddit (or twitter) to decide if there is a problem? Reddit is a platform where people go to complain about everything, and the quest has sold millions of units. Why not check the reviews on websites that sell them? A product with a high defect rate will have a low score. I feel like many people here post right after watching some clickbait youtube videos at times...

Anyway, every product has a defect rate of on average 5%, this particular one seems to break in almost the same way for most people that have issues.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4810 posts
4503 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Kevcorm wrote: Why would anyone go to reddit to decide if there is a problem? Reddit is a platform where people go to complain about everything, and the quest has sold millions of units. Why not check the reviews on websites that sell them? A product with a high defect rate will have a low score. I feel like many people here post right after watching some clickbait youtube videos at times...

Anyway, every product has a defect rate of on average 5%, this particular one seems to break in almost the same way for most people that have issues.
Sure, here's a link to the Amazon listing reviews, filtered to Elite 2 Strap only (ignoring the carry case, fit pack, and all the other related items).

You can further filter by Verified Purchases if you want.

Doesn't seem very positive.
Aug 18, 2004
87 posts
38 upvotes
This strap does make the headset feel less heavy. I haven't used many others but it's much better than the stock elastic band.

I encountered the problem with the cracking on the sides but I contacted customer support and they replaced it with a new one. I had to send in the broken strap.
Nov 20, 2008
76 posts
36 upvotes
shred_head wrote: Hear any updates or anything? On their site of you try buying it again it says in stock Dec 20. Previously was saying Dec 6.
No update yet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)