Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca Black Friday

Locked: Oculus Quest 2 - get $70 Amazon promotional credit

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2021 2:56 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 17, 2007
148 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] [Black Friday] Oculus Quest 2 - get $70 Amazon promotional credit

Amazon.ca Black Friday: Receive a $70 Amazon promotional credit with the purchase of Oculus Quest 2.
Sale started already!

Seems like the best deal so far (ever?)
(plz let me know!)

Same/Similar offer from BestBuy & Oculus.com as well, with their respective credits.

Obtain $35 Oculus credit when you get a referral from someone with an Oculus 2.
(Max 5 referral per month per user)

P.S. There are plans to remove facebook login requirements.
https://www.pcgamer.com/oculus-quest-vr ... quirement/
Last edited by Kor770 on Nov 21st, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Share:
Thread Summary
Mod update: Referrals are not allowed and posts asking or offering them will be removed.
Some FAQ for you:

Do you need a Facebook account?
No. Developer accounts are still available at https://developer.oculus.com/sign-up/
Meta (Facebook) should figure out how to unlink things before these expire on Jan 1, 2023.

What happens if Facebook locks your account?
You can not access anything you bought.

What happens if Facebook bans your account?
You lose access to everything forever.

Does Mark Zuckerberg enjoy watching you play?
Thoroughly, it's in his programming.
643 replies
Sr. Member
Apr 12, 2013
662 posts
634 upvotes
BC
Huge thanks OP!
Member
Jan 21, 2008
251 posts
298 upvotes
Yes I believe it's never been at this low of a discount (granted it's a promotional credit).

It's 128GB now too, I think I wrote in a thread from last year that 64GB was too small and would just get destroyed by the influx of higher storage capacity games - my position has now changed.
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2012
547 posts
366 upvotes
Mississauga
Finally! Been waiting for months for this! I saw the buy one get one 50% off but just wanted one

Thanks OP
Last edited by xhalo21 on Nov 21st, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Jan 5, 2005
97 posts
113 upvotes
Thanks OP! I'm a huge VR enthusiast and have owned the Oculus Go, the Quest 1 and now the Quest 2.

Bought the Quest 2 last year, NO REGRETS and would not HESITATE to buy another one ASAP if this one fails out of warranty.

I've also been using this for PC VR gaming - feel free to Ask Me Anything on the topic - if I know it, I will share.Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I highly suspect there are going to be Oculus 2 Black Friday sales, likely right on oculus.com as well. Something to keep an eye on there - they offer free shipping and price INCLUDES tax.

Cheers!
.the Doc
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2309 posts
653 upvotes
Vaughan
Someone mentioned Oculus quest to me the other day and I was intrigued. Haven't had time to look into it yet though. Are games expensive? Do people get dizzy when using this?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1234 posts
522 upvotes
Toronto
doctorgeek wrote: Thanks OP! I'm a huge VR enthusiast and have owned the Oculus Go, the Quest 1 and now the Quest 2.

Bought the Quest 2 last year, NO REGRETS and would not HESITATE to buy another one ASAP if this one fails out of warranty.

I've also been using this for PC VR gaming - feel free to Ask Me Anything on the topic - if I know it, I will share.Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I highly suspect there are going to be Oculus 2 Black Friday sales, likely right on oculus.com as well. Something to keep an eye on there - they offer free shipping and price INCLUDES tax.

Cheers!
.the Doc
Would you recommend this for Halflife?
Member
Jan 21, 2008
251 posts
298 upvotes
doctorgeek wrote: Thanks OP! I'm a huge VR enthusiast and have owned the Oculus Go, the Quest 1 and now the Quest 2.

Bought the Quest 2 last year, NO REGRETS and would not HESITATE to buy another one ASAP if this one fails out of warranty.

I've also been using this for PC VR gaming - feel free to Ask Me Anything on the topic - if I know it, I will share.Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I highly suspect there are going to be Oculus 2 Black Friday sales, likely right on oculus.com as well. Something to keep an eye on there - they offer free shipping and price INCLUDES tax.

Cheers!
.the Doc
INCLUDES sales tax? that's a Hot deal imo
Newbie
Jan 5, 2005
97 posts
113 upvotes
shnukms wrote: It's 128GB now too, I think I wrote in a thread from last year that 64GB was too small and would just get destroyed by the influx of higher storage capacity games - my position has now changed.
Yeah - I think RESIDENT EVIL 4 needs up to 12GB of space total on the Quest 2. And with GTA San Andreas and other big titles coming next year, even 128G starts feeling a little confining. (Yes - FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS I KNOW Winking Face).

BTW - I don't think RE4 recognized as a AAA title for the Oculus Quest 2, but I'll tell you right now it should be one of the first games you buy for the Quest 2. Pretty damn fun.
Newbie
Jun 22, 2020
25 posts
4 upvotes
Do we know more or less when to expect a new version of the Oculus? I'm always worried to jump on a product that was released a "long" time ago and a new version comes out and outshine the older one.

Also, I have a beast as a computer, I believe games are more beautiful if they run on a pc, does that mean I don't have to worry too much on the 128Go vs 256Go as games would mostly be stored on my computer and not the oculus?

Thanks!
Member
Sep 21, 2019
485 posts
337 upvotes
Not as good as buy 1 and get one half off.
Member
Sep 21, 2019
485 posts
337 upvotes
shnukms wrote: INCLUDES sales tax? that's a Hot deal imo
Sarcasm? The price is literally plus tax. I guess saves you from doing your own calculation.
Member
Jan 21, 2008
251 posts
298 upvotes
OlivierM3635 wrote: Do we know more or less when to expect a new version of the Oculus? I'm always worried to jump on a product that was released a "long" time ago and a new version comes out and outshine the older one.

Also, I have a beast as a computer, I believe games are more beautiful if they run on a pc, does that mean I don't have to worry too much on the 128Go vs 256Go as games would mostly be stored on my computer and not the oculus?

Thanks!
dude if you have a beast computer then just buy the 128GB. last year PCVR players were stuck buying 64GB variant but now the new low tier is 128GB.

you'll be doing yourself a favor if you watch out for those BF Steam deals and get Half Life Alyx
Newbie
Dec 10, 2020
9 posts
4 upvotes
d_source wrote: Someone mentioned Oculus quest to me the other day and I was intrigued. Haven't had time to look into it yet though. Are games expensive? Do people get dizzy when using this?
As a quest 2 owner I think that the quest is perfect for escaping reality and playing all sorts of fun games, games usually range from $15-$40 which isn't too bad imo. People will react differently when first using VR and I know I was dizzy many times when starting out but it got better for me, also if I didn't feel good I didn't care, I just kept on playing because it was so fun. Also for me storage didn't really matter cause I mainly just play PCVR anyway.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2005
2478 posts
464 upvotes
GTA
doctorgeek wrote: Thanks OP! I'm a huge VR enthusiast and have owned the Oculus Go, the Quest 1 and now the Quest 2.

Bought the Quest 2 last year, NO REGRETS and would not HESITATE to buy another one ASAP if this one fails out of warranty.

I've also been using this for PC VR gaming - feel free to Ask Me Anything on the topic - if I know it, I will share.Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I highly suspect there are going to be Oculus 2 Black Friday sales, likely right on oculus.com as well. Something to keep an eye on there - they offer free shipping and price INCLUDES tax.

Cheers!
.the Doc
What games are you playing

How has vr evolved since Ly
Has half life influenced more pc vr games
FS: Old school Nintendo Consoles
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=675445
FS:Sharp GF-777Z Classic Boombox Retro Ghetto Blaster 80s - the Holy Grail!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=631904
ACTION 52 Nintendo NES Multi Game (COLLECTORS ITEM)
action-52-nintendo-nes-multi-game-colle ... st13164059
Newbie
Sep 3, 2021
6 posts
4 upvotes
"Starts Thurs, Nov 24, two-day event"

OP, you mean wednesday? Because Nov 24 is a wednesday. Also, where is the source that this is going to happen?
Newbie
Oct 26, 2012
72 posts
29 upvotes
Montr?al
Is the sale starting on Thursday or on the 24th? Can't be both.
Newbie
Jun 22, 2020
25 posts
4 upvotes
shnukms wrote: dude if you have a beast computer then just buy the 128GB. last year PCVR players were stuck buying 64GB variant but now the new low tier is 128GB.

you'll be doing yourself a favor if you watch out for those BF Steam deals and get Half Life Alyx
I'm going to think about that, thanks!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 14, 2006
3054 posts
230 upvotes
Montreal
Is this worth getting ? I am new to the VR world, always wanted to jump in but was waiting for it to mature
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz

Top