[Amazon Canada] Oculus Rift Price Error? [Dead, price has been fixed]

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2018 5:51 pm
[OP]
Mar 6, 2003
617 posts
20 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Oculus Rift Price Error? [Dead, price has been fixed]

Looks like a seller (with 8000+ ratings) has Rifts for sale at what appears to be an incorrect price. Might be worth buying in case it actually ships.

Congrats to those who snagged one.
Last edited by Prodigy45 on Apr 26th, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
7 replies
[OP]
Mar 6, 2003
617 posts
20 upvotes
Yeah, I posted it, refreshed and it had a fixed price. Can't delete my main post, will edit it out now. Maybe if someone had one click ordering on they might have snagged it.
Apr 13, 2016
728 posts
447 upvotes
How do you find these price errors? Keepa?
Dec 10, 2017
183 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
DC Trade is selling tons of items at stupid prices.

Don't bother imo, waste of time / personal info leaking possibly.
Stay Frosty'
Apr 26, 2018
1 posts
I buy DC TRADE Sennheiser RS-185 Earphone for $ 41 at 92% off the original price is $ 549
I received an email from the seller at night to offer this.

Hi Sebastien,

Thank you for your purchase and we do value your business. We've been alerted that our programming system may have been hacked and Amazon is showing incorrect pricing for our products including this item which greatly put our store in jeopardy. We had to suspend our store to avoid new orders from coming in while our back end support works on having this resolved. I regret to inform you that due to this glitch you were charged with an incorrect amount when this should have been (CAD $855.99) as we originally listed. I just can't express how much I apologize for this inconvenience. Would you still want to proceed with this order with the right price or cancel it at this point? We'd be happy to offer you a 10% discount with this order in case you'd like to proceed with it. I do look forward your reply

Best Regards,
Jason
DC-Trade
Dec 10, 2017
183 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
sebasola wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 9:04 am
I buy DC TRADE Sennheiser RS-185 Earphone for $ 41 at 92% off the original price is $ 549
I received an email from the seller at night to offer this.

Hi Sebastien,

Thank you for your purchase and we do value your business. We've been alerted that our programming system may have been hacked and Amazon is showing incorrect pricing for our products including this item which greatly put our store in jeopardy. We had to suspend our store to avoid new orders from coming in while our back end support works on having this resolved. I regret to inform you that due to this glitch you were charged with an incorrect amount when this should have been (CAD $855.99) as we originally listed. I just can't express how much I apologize for this inconvenience. Would you still want to proceed with this order with the right price or cancel it at this point? We'd be happy to offer you a 10% discount with this order in case you'd like to proceed with it. I do look forward your reply

Best Regards,
Jason
DC-Trade
Yep, it wasn't a hack, was an inside job.

Textbook bait and switch attempt. They are trying to offer you a discount to order the item at a higher price than MSRP anyway.

This seller should be banned from all amazon platforms.
Stay Frosty'