• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 10:17 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 20, 2011
33 posts
89 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Official Creality 3D Ender 3 Pro Upgraded 3D Printer $319

Seems like another sale. Slightly better than the last one. Also available with two sellers, same price.

I am not sure if it's worth it to wait for the Ender 3 v2. I got one.

People who bought it from comgrow, did you get anything extra?
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 18th, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
702 replies
Nov 23, 2004
511 posts
794 upvotes
Ontario
qwerty17327 wrote: I am not sure if it's worth it to wait for the Ender 3 v2. I got one.
Probably not worth the wait. There's really nothing the 3 v2 offers that you can't do on the less expensive 3 with some upgrades if you wanted to (glass bed, silent motherboard, etc.). The price difference between the two just isn't close enough yet that I'd consider or recommend the v2 over the original.

That being said, $319 is a solid price. This is definitely a "buy now, think later" price for anyone wanting to get into 3d printing. I've had my Ender 3 Pro a little over a month now and it's been one of my best tech investments in a long time - the thing is continuously running and cranking out parts for my DIY builds, random trinkets, things for around the home, etc.
Nov 23, 2004
511 posts
794 upvotes
Ontario
v1p3r69 wrote: What's the difference between this one by the official Creality store and the one sold by Comgrow for $20 more (with the coupon) mentioned in the other thread: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07XG1SZ4Y
Do you get extra stuff?
Looks like you're getting the glass bed with that one. Highly recommended in my opinion - I ditched the magnetic bed about a week in and the glass bed has been a dream to print on in comparison.
[OP]
Sep 20, 2011
33 posts
89 upvotes
Very true. Someone on a different thread mentioned the silent board from AliExpress is "way better". I will get instead then.

Also, thanks for your comment, it made me feel good about the purchase.
mindabsence wrote: Probably not worth the wait. There's really nothing the 3 v2 offers that you can't do on the less expensive 3 with some upgrades if you wanted to (glass bed, silent motherboard, etc.). The price difference between the two just isn't close enough yet that I'd consider or recommend the v2 over the original.

That being said, $319 is a solid price. This is definitely a "buy now, think later" price for anyone wanting to get into 3d printing. I've had my Ender 3 Pro a little over a month now and it's been one of my best tech investments in a long time - the thing is continuously running and cranking out parts for my DIY builds, random trinkets, things for around the home, etc.
Jun 4, 2011
216 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
v1p3r69 wrote: What's the difference between this one by the official Creality store and the one sold by Comgrow for $20 more (with the coupon) mentioned in the other thread: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07XG1SZ4Y
Do you get extra stuff?
Comgrow doesn't charge tax, most other sellers on Amazon do charge tax.
Jan 31, 2018
612 posts
1098 upvotes
Winnipeg
mindabsence wrote: Looks like you're getting the glass bed with that one. Highly recommended in my opinion - I ditched the magnetic bed about a week in and the glass bed has been a dream to print on in comparison.
If you want a better bed, I *strongly* recommend the magnetic spring steel sheet with PEI coating. All the convenience of the stock magnetic bed, but better adherence than glass without needing glue or hair spray. Super easy to clean and maintain. Creality's version might not be as good as the WhamBam or Buildtak, but it is incredible value for money.

https://www.amazon.ca/Creality-Removabl ... 0886317DM/
https://www.amazon.ca/Magnetic-Flexible ... 07XBM24HN/
Oct 18, 2009
66 posts
59 upvotes
I'm interested in 3d printing but I don't have anything I necessarily need to print.
Has anyone gotten a 3d printing without a specific purpose but ended up printing a whole bunch of things they didn't expect?
Jul 5, 2008
471 posts
193 upvotes
The one in the OP link is massive... 87x87x98 inch print envelope. I'll be able to print a complete house in no time.
Jan 17, 2009
476 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
I'm interested in 3D printing as well. Can you guys tell me if the Ender Pro 3 prints items with jagged edges and visible striations in the plastic? I've seen and had a couple of items printed before for and after receiving the end product, the quality is ok, but texture is rough.

I'm thinking of grabbing one to print board game organizers and board game tokens/pieces. But if the edges are rough, I'd be afraid to put cards and items in them.

Are there 3D printers that can make smoother objects?
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1131 posts
1652 upvotes
shadowsteve wrote: The one in the OP link is massive... 87x87x98 inch print envelope. I'll be able to print a complete house in no time.
Am in for one too. Thanks mate!
Jan 26, 2018
832 posts
445 upvotes
newsletter wrote: I'm interested in 3d printing but I don't have anything I necessarily need to print.
Has anyone gotten a 3d printing without a specific purpose but ended up printing a whole bunch of things they didn't expect?
me.
I end up building another 3d printer and enlarged the original delta, and MPCNC
occasionally prints some things here and there and most of the time they are collecting dust alongside my 10+ rolls of unopened filaments.
now I am thinking about the resin printer, and the wife strongly disagrees......
Last edited by keshan on Aug 18th, 2020 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 2, 2014
101 posts
208 upvotes
I printed stuff non stop for first month or 2. Then I tried TPU and that was too frustrating since nothing ever prints correctly. Now I barely print anything maybe one or two things every 2 weeks.
Jul 4, 2005
474 posts
12 upvotes
Totally new to 3d printing... just want to know if the learning curve for designing things for print is steep or not. Like if I have a broken plastic end cap on furniture that needs to be replaced, how long does it take to replicate the exact plastic part in the software and send it to print?
May 20, 2004
562 posts
272 upvotes
I don't plan on using this for another couple of months. Is this a good enough price to buy anyways, or wait and see?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)