[Amazon.ca] Official Creality 3D Ender 3 Pro Upgraded 3D Printer $319

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 12:48 am
Tags:
Jan 15, 2017
286 posts
139 upvotes
Vancouver
evanwier wrote: Where is the best place to buy the BLTouch leveler?
Not Creality if you want it soon. I ordered it a week ago and no status update still. Apparently it's normal for things to take like a month to arrive. Price seems better but that's if they don't slap tariffs on it.
Sep 19, 2017
869 posts
686 upvotes
Moncton
3D Printing Canada has the Creality kits in stock, but they aren't cheap ($84? ). As far as filament goes... Cheap = waterbird.ca but quality filament is all over the place these days WRT pricing... Seems to me that $30 / roll is where most known name brands seem to be settling at.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2190 posts
1756 upvotes
Vancouver
digger314 wrote: Not Creality if you want it soon. I ordered it a week ago and no status update still. Apparently it's normal for things to take like a month to arrive. Price seems better but that's if they don't slap tariffs on it.
I ended up ordering it from SPOOL3D - will see how quick it comes. Then I will need to sort out how to install and configure it...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1060 posts
220 upvotes
GTA
sswilson wrote: Heh... I really wish we had a good comparison between the audio levels of the stock 8bit and the 4.2.2 boards. I find it difficult to imagine that there's a huge difference between the 2209s on the SKR mini and 2208s on the creality board, but the difference between the stock 8bit and my SKR mini was drastic enough that I agree with the "silent" part... Might hear the occasional grunt out of one of the steppers when it's doing a hard right/left turn, but aside from that the only noise coming from the printer is from the PSU and hot end fans.

As far as infill goes.... most folks I've talked to have suggested that more than 10 - 15% is generally a waste of plastic. They suggest increasing wall count results in higher strength. As far as what infill I personally use... I'm partial to the gyroid infill, but not sure if it makes a big difference.
I was curious about this too. So I ordered the SKR mini V2. Along with the creality BLtouch. It is now back in stock at 3d printing Canada.

https://3dprintingcanada.com/products/s ... 2-0-32-bit

I updated the firmware to the 1.3.1 but then my screen would make this weird ass buzzing noise. I checked firmware and it was the marlin 2 v1.3.1. and had BLtouch options. But I don't possess my BLtouch yet. So maybe that was it. So I went back to 1.0.1.

So older boards had to update firmware with a bootloader arduinos or some other majigger? That's sounds annoying enough to get upgraded board.
Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | Intel i7-4770K | 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080 | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | LG GL83A-B| Schiit Modi 3 + Vali 2 & Senn HD600
Sep 19, 2017
869 posts
686 upvotes
Moncton
Xephy wrote: I was curious about this too. So I ordered the SKR mini V2. Along with the creality BLtouch. It is now back in stock at 3d printing Canada.

https://3dprintingcanada.com/products/s ... 2-0-32-bit

I updated the firmware to the 1.3.1 but then my screen would make this weird ass buzzing noise. I checked firmware and it was the marlin 2 v1.3.1. and had BLtouch options. But I don't possess my BLtouch yet. So maybe that was it. So I went back to 1.0.1.

So older boards had to update firmware with a bootloader arduinos or some other majigger? That's sounds annoying enough to get upgraded board.
Yeah, up until recently it was pretty much all arduino, but then creality started bundling a USB ISP device with their BLTouch kits which connects to a header on the motherboard that is typically used during the manufacturing process. (Kinda the same idea as a dedicated bios flasher). The 8 bit motherboard also meant you had to be frugal when it came to trying to add new features (like the bltouch) to the merlin build as there wasn't any extra room for different features.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
3694 posts
1232 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Is the "resume after power loss" considered an unreliable feature on the Ender 3 Pro? We just had a 1 second blip, quick enough that most devices didn't even reset however the Ender 3 did. When it came back I chose "resume print" and watched it get both temperatures up and then move to the print. It then just sat in 1 spot for 4 Minutes without doing anything before I turned it off and headed for bed. That 1 second cost me almost 3 hours and was at 95%. Ugh. Wish I'd been on a UPS.
Nov 25, 2016
154 posts
150 upvotes
I found the creality name through the vent and it has this number , is that the newer 32 bit one? (I wasn't sure this is where I should be looking at)
Hope to get enough time to build this week and then see if there is anything else I should add on order
(besides the new springs I already got as I figured may as well put them in as I build)
Images
  • 20200830_212848.jpg
Mar 4, 2006
405 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
GollyMolly wrote: I found the creality name through the vent and it has this number , is that the newer 32 bit one? (I wasn't sure this is where I should be looking at)
Hope to get enough time to build this week and then see if there is anything else I should add on order
(besides the new springs I already got as I figured may as well put them in as I build)
Correct on both accounts.

That is the new board and definitely assemble with the upgraded springs before leveling the first time. This is because you'll need to level all over again if you use the original springs and then upgrade later to the newer, stiffer springs.
Sep 12, 2002
222 posts
117 upvotes
Canada
evanwier wrote: Where is the best place to buy the BLTouch leveler?
I'm new to this. Went through about 4kg of PLA+ from waterbird.

So far, I'm really happy. Also... maybe their silk/shiny is filament is not worth the 50% price gap. The result is nice yes, but the small difference doesn't justify the price.
Sep 7, 2010
80 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
foz240 wrote: ahh that could be why. How can I find out what board I have?
I bought the Amazon.ca deal for the Ender v3 Pro with glass bed on 18 August, arrived on 22 August. It has the 8-bit board and it's definitely quiet. I haven't taken off the heatsinks but I am assuming the board I received has the TMC2208 stepper motor drivers - and it is NOT the 4.2.2 board. Mine is in the basement so it is irrelevant, but I notice that the fans run louder than the steppers do while it's printing, they are the first thing I hear when I check on my prints.

I for one am really pleased to have gotten the 8-bit board. I flashed a 1284p bootloader onto the mainboard and loaded Marlin v2 bugfix as soon as I verified all the steppers worked properly, and it's been printing flawlessly since I set it all up.

I see absolutely no need to go to the nicer SKR mainboard at this point, this instrument is exceeding my expectations by far as-is.
Jun 15, 2020
10 posts
8 upvotes
So I got my ender pro 3, set it up on Friday and have been playing around with 1kg of grey glee tech . I ordered springs and a PEI bed but haven’t put them in yet here are some of the first prints. With Mickey I was learning I should have used supports. But I’m pretty impressed so far
Images
  • 752470E3-CB9F-49AE-9B53-001971BBE816.jpeg
  • 6814DD60-D00A-4165-B8D3-D15957AAB5E0.jpeg
  • 9EB05F74-B78B-4071-85B2-BFAC0C9AE7F1.jpeg
Formally Mrwinky (Lost password/Email tied to account)
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1012 posts
969 upvotes
What is everyone doing for the smell or ventilation? Winter is coming. Open windows will be difficult for some of us :]

After some reading I'm a little more worried about chemical emissions from the plastic (not using ABS for example) than the noise level. Has anyone built an enclosure with active air filtration?
Aug 19, 2004
828 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto
foz240 wrote: ahh that could be why. How can I find out what board I have?
You have to take the cover off the motherboard (4 screws) and look at the mainboard / cpu. I don't know which motherboards are silent.

The newer motherboard is (don't know if silent though)
4.4.2 and cpu is STM32F103 I believe for the newer board.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2190 posts
1756 upvotes
Vancouver
Alright question for the pros... becuase I think I messed up...

I purchased only:

https://spool3d.ca/bltouch-auto-bed-leveling-sensor/

This was/is for an Ender 3 V2.

I think I need more parts from further reading... can anyone list/link me all the other parts I need to get this leveling sensor working?? I am brand new to this...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)