Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Official Creality 3D Ender 3 Pro Upgraded 3D Printer $319

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 4:18 pm
Tags:
Member
May 17, 2013
268 posts
173 upvotes
GWN
maddmaxx308 wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/Creality-3D-Filam ... 461&sr=8-5

Anyone have any experience with this guy?
I ordered some brass nozzles that were garbage from them and I have watched them closely since. They seem to sell old stock at a cheaper price so if a printer has had revisions you will probably miss out on those revisions because they ship old stock. They are selling the Chiron for $100 cheaper than Anycubics own store on Amazon and that printer had some revisions. Support also appears to be absent, but you do have 30 days with Amazon.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2182 posts
1750 upvotes
Vancouver
Just wanna say thanks to everyone here for helping out.

I ended up with the Creality Ender 3 V2 from Amazon sell Cromgrow for $396 no tax.

I took my time building it last week and have done a ton of prints with no issues at all since, really really impressed with the quality and accuracy of this printer.


As well, people said they would be loud but I do not find that at all, no louder than a PC Video card going at 100% fan rate it seems
Member
User avatar
Mar 4, 2006
402 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
K3lvin wrote: I'm currently waiting for the v2 to be restocked for Canada on the Creality site (been out of stock for a couple of weeks now), so I was clicking around the site yesterday and I saw the Blue Violet Laser Engraving Module, but it's apparently not compatible with the Ender 3 v2, is there another module that would allow the v2 to have laser engraving capabilities too?? Any thoughts? - Extreme newbie when it comes to 3D printing, so apologies if this is a stupid question!
I was interested in that engraver but found that since the laser is not very strong (read avoid blindness issues in customers), the items that you can engrave is quite limited. So I would recommend reading on what kind of materials can be engraved before committing to getting one.
Member
User avatar
Aug 20, 2019
332 posts
339 upvotes
London, Ontario
sswilson wrote:
I dunno.... they claim to be a Canadian retailer yet have aliexpress quality ESL translations on their writeup? looks, and sounds fishy to me especially if their prices don't line up with other canadian sources.
Robotron2084 wrote:
I ordered some brass nozzles that were garbage from them and I have watched them closely since. They seem to sell old stock at a cheaper price so if a printer has had revisions you will probably miss out on those revisions because they ship old stock. They are selling the Chiron for $100 cheaper than Anycubics own store on Amazon and that printer had some revisions. Support also appears to be absent, but you do have 30 days with Amazon.

^^^^^^^^Thanks a ton guys.
evanwier wrote:

Just wanna say thanks to everyone here for helping out.

I ended up with the Creality Ender 3 V2 from Amazon sell Cromgrow for $396 no tax.

I took my time building it last week and have done a ton of prints with no issues at all since, really really impressed with the quality and accuracy of this printer.


As well, people said they would be loud but I do not find that at all, no louder than a PC Video card going at 100% fan rate it seems
Is the Cromgrow one an official v2 from Creality, or is it a clone?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 19, 2017
861 posts
680 upvotes
Moncton
maddmaxx308 wrote: ^^^^^^^^Thanks a ton guys.



Is the Cromgrow one an official v2 from Creality, or is it a clone?
I bought my ender3 from comgrow and trust them not to be a knockoff/clone. Pretty sure they were Creality's main NA distributer before they (creality) decided to open their own amazon storefront.

As far as that other vendor goes.... It really looks to me like it's an overseas retailer who's using amazon's "fulfilled by amazon" services.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 15, 2005
5765 posts
1284 upvotes
So, to upgrade a 3 Pro to a 3 v2 it would cost:
Ender 3 pro: $313
Creality glass bed: $27
Creality 4.2.7 motherboard: $69
total: $409

Just like the Alienware R8 ram lottery, you might get lucky with getting the 4.2.7 standard instead of having to pay. Either way, $396 guarantees that the basic upgrades are already included. I'm going to play the Creality store lottery and hope to snag one for $360. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Sr. Member
Aug 19, 2004
827 posts
531 upvotes
Toronto
I think the Ender 3 pro new lottery is for a 4.2.2 motherboard (32 bit but not rated as "silent")

Still; I've been very happy with my E3 pro. no upgrades; just stock out of box right now

Works well and comes with a reasonable amount of trial filament (printed out some safety whistles and some pokemon for the kid).

rf134a wrote: So, to upgrade a 3 Pro to a 3 v2 it would cost:
Ender 3 pro: $313
Creality glass bed: $27
Creality 4.2.7 motherboard: $69
total: $409

Just like the Alienware R8 ram lottery, you might get lucky with getting the 4.2.7 standard instead of having to pay. Either way, $396 guarantees that the basic upgrades are already included. I'm going to play the Creality store lottery and hope to snag one for $360. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Member
User avatar
Aug 20, 2019
332 posts
339 upvotes
London, Ontario
sswilson wrote: I bought my ender3 from comgrow and trust them not to be a knockoff/clone. Pretty sure they were Creality's main NA distributer before they (creality) decided to open their own amazon storefront.

As far as that other vendor goes.... It really looks to me like it's an overseas retailer who's using amazon's "fulfilled by amazon" services.
evanwier wrote: They are an official and licensed seller of Creality, it is 100% legit.

https://comgrow3d.com/pages/about-us
Thanks a ton.

Anyone have a preferred filament supplier?
Good prices with varying types and cheap to free shipping?
After dropping $400 on a printer, IDK if I can get approval for another $100 for some "paper" as the wife calls it.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 17, 2006
899 posts
248 upvotes
Mississauga
K3lvin wrote: I think that laser is really cool too, so hoping it's just that they haven't come up with one for the v2 yet and that there will be one later... It would be pretty damn cool to be able to do laser etching and engraving with the Ender
Drasco wrote: I was interested in that engraver but found that since the laser is not very strong (read avoid blindness issues in customers), the items that you can engrave is quite limited. So I would recommend reading on what kind of materials can be engraved before committing to getting one.
Have you guys done any research on this? I didn't even know this was a an option, the Creality one is super cheap ($40 to $50 USD) depending on the source but yes I agree its low powered, I did a quick search on Aliexpress and they are selling very similar units that are much more powerful but of course much more expensive as well... I was wondering if with a more powerful unit you could do laser routing (cutting) and not just engraving, that would be sick! although the area is not that big but still...
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 19, 2017
861 posts
680 upvotes
Moncton
maddmaxx308 wrote: Thanks a ton.

Anyone have a preferred filament supplier?
Good prices with varying types and cheap to free shipping?
After dropping $400 on a printer, IDK if I can get approval for another $100 for some "paper" as the wife calls it.
waterbird.ca is relatively cheap, and they've got a flat shipping rate if you're not buying enough to qualify for free shipping elsewhere. I doubt their filament would win any awards, but it's certainly decent enough until a person decides they've got everything dialed in enough that they want to only use top quality filament.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Newbie
Oct 10, 2011
82 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
maddmaxx308 wrote: Thanks a ton.

Anyone have a preferred filament supplier?
Good prices with varying types and cheap to free shipping?
After dropping $400 on a printer, IDK if I can get approval for another $100 for some "paper" as the wife calls it.
I use these three sites because they offer free shipping if you spend enough

In order of preference
Waterbird.ca - cheap and good. Sells PLA+ for $22
Filaments.ca - close to my house pricing isn't bad, quality of their cheaper stuff is just ok
3dprintingcanada.com - selling PETG for $23 a roll
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 19, 2017
861 posts
680 upvotes
Moncton
barks1andrew wrote: I use these three sites because they offer free shipping if you spend enough

In order of preference
Waterbird.ca - cheap and good. Sells PLA+ for $22
Filaments.ca - close to my house pricing isn't bad, quality of their cheaper stuff is just ok
3dprintingcanada.com - selling PETG for $23 a roll
Heh... that's how I ended up with a BLTouch a lot sooner than I had initially intended... needed to buy a roll of PETG (for a petsfang) but wanted to get over the $99 minimum for free shipping.... :)
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Newbie
Sep 9, 2020
5 posts
Halifax
Did you buy directly from Creality Official? I thought they only have warehouse in US tho...how long is the est shipping time? and I just checked seems like they only accept USD

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)