Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Official Creality 3D Ender 3 Pro Upgraded 3D Printer $319

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 10:17 pm
Tags:
Oct 16, 2019
78 posts
71 upvotes
iddqd85 wrote: 3 bucks more from amazon with one day shipping. Damn. Support local business or get it tomorrow?
$68.49 Amazon - https://www.amazon.ca/BIGTREETECH-Upgra ... 661&sr=8-2

$47.66 ($52.95-10% code) 3DPrintingCanada - https://3dprintingcanada.com/products/s ... b94f&_ss=r

$20.83 savings. I spent a few dollars on 2 filament rolls to get up to $99 free shipping level and expected delivery for my 3DPrintingCanada order is Monday
Dec 22, 2001
810 posts
124 upvotes
I see a lot of love on here for SKR mini over the Creality silent board.. Any reason why?
Sep 19, 2017
799 posts
626 upvotes
Moncton
boojew wrote: I see a lot of love on here for SKR mini over the Creality silent board.. Any reason why?
The currently available Creality Silent board is still an 8bit board as opposed to a 32bit one, and it's way overpriced when compared with the SKR board.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2159 posts
1691 upvotes
Vancouver
To all the people buying the Ender 3 Pro then upgrading the board and bed.... doesn't that cost more than just getting the Ender 3 V2 which already has the glass bed and silent motor 32bit board (Along with a few other upgrades)

Seems like it would be a lot easier to just buy the V2...

I have been a big fan of this cool colour changing PLA+ Filament I am playing with currently. Gonna play with some PETG Next.

Also got my upgraded springs for the bed installed basically right away (These ones: https://www.amazon.ca/LEOWAY-Compressio ... ial&sr=1-4) and haven't really had to re-level after probably 5+ prints. Still having no issues with first layer, very very happy with this printer overall.

Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7589 posts
1678 upvotes
Mont-Royal
How did u multicolor the filament?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7589 posts
1678 upvotes
Mont-Royal
I heard there are some who used sharpie markers to color the filaments
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Aug 20, 2019
326 posts
327 upvotes
London, Ontario
mike12z wrote: Confused,,, anyone thoughts pros and cons on these 2 from amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07FFT ... RLH8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07XG1SZ4Y
The V2 has an improved mother board. 100% worth the cost. Also, no tax. Mine is on the way.
Jul 19, 2006
477 posts
50 upvotes
So with the ender 3 pro and the new 32 bit board--it comes with the Marlin firmware which is 0.0.6. Is it worth upgrading the firmware to 1.x.x or to the latest 2.x.x? I think there was something about thermal runaway with the newer firmwares?
May 24, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
First post!

I have an ender5 with SKR mini e3 2.0. I'd highly recommend the skr over the creality board as it provides much greater flexibility to do pretty much anything you want.

I'd only recommend the creality board to people who don't want to tinker with marlin and want everything to work out of the box. No other pros with the creality board.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2159 posts
1691 upvotes
Vancouver
maddmaxx308 wrote: The V2 has an improved mother board. 100% worth the cost. Also, no tax. Mine is on the way.

I returned the Pro and got the V2 from your first link - very very happy I did. Don;t have to worry about cable managment/printing cable chains, dont have to deal with noise from the steppers or upgrading the board or anything else.

V2 all the way for me.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
19839 posts
2714 upvotes
Niagara Falls
evanwier wrote: To all the people buying the Ender 3 Pro then upgrading the board and bed.... doesn't that cost more than just getting the Ender 3 V2 which already has the glass bed and silent motor 32bit board (Along with a few other upgrades)

Seems like it would be a lot easier to just buy the V2...
One of the things I read when comparing the pro vs V2 is that there are better boards out there for the same upgrade price. That seemed like a pretty common view among the reviews that I read. Not saying the V2 board isn't capable or anything, just what I read. Honestly, I'm surprised the stepper loudness annoys anyone. The fans are plenty loud already.
Jan 31, 2018
612 posts
1098 upvotes
Winnipeg
evanwier wrote: Don;t have to worry about cable managment/printing cable chains, dont have to deal with noise from the steppers or upgrading the board or anything else.
No need to upgrade? Where's the fun in that!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2159 posts
1691 upvotes
Vancouver
Evil Baby wrote: One of the things I read when comparing the pro vs V2 is that there are better boards out there for the same upgrade price. That seemed like a pretty common view among the reviews that I read. Not saying the V2 board isn't capable or anything, just what I read. Honestly, I'm surprised the stepper loudness annoys anyone. The fans are plenty loud already.
Do you have any more info about this? I had not heard this and from what I found it was just a lot of people getting confused on the fact Creality has 2 versions of their 32bit 4.2.2 board.

From what I can find the upgrade boards for the Ender 3/Pro from Creality are worse than say the SKR Mini board - but that the Ender 3 V2 has Crealitys new 32 bit silent board with the TMC2208 Drivers is all-but-identical to the SKR Mini

Furthermore, Some Ender 3 Pros are shipping with the 4.2.2 board but NOT the identical board to the Ender 3 V2 4.2.2 - as the Ender 3 Pro 4.2.2 is still using old HR4988 chipsets for the motor drivers where as the Ender 3 V2 4.2.2 board is using the TMC2208 chipset drivers.

There seems to be a misunderstanding around this - but if you have information to the contrary I would love to see it.