[Amazon.ca] Official Creality 3D Ender 3 Pro Upgraded 3D Printer $319

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 10:17 pm
Tags:
Oct 23, 2013
119 posts
147 upvotes
Calgary
canadianclub wrote: Thanks OP, really happy with the purchase. May go down as the most useful post (to me) since the public mobile to Koodo migration.

It's been running non stop but I was wondering if anyone can provide some insight. I am leveling it with a business card so it barely squeaks by underneath all 4 corners. I've successfully completed many smaller prints. However when I try to print a custom planter for a friend from thingiverse it will shift the whole print a cm to the right and fail. It's happened 3x now at the 5 hour mark and I can't understand why.

If I drop the bed it seems to not want to stick as well.

It shifts the moment the print goes from it's widest point and starts to taper up to a smaller point about an inch off the bed.

0.2mm z offset via Cura in the design

Using 1.75mm overture pla from Amazon and the printing surface it comes with.

Any ideas?
I have one black and one white filament from Amazon (Overture). The black was printing without any issues but when I switched to white it wouldn't stick to the bed with the exact same settings. I had to slow down first layer, up the temp of nozzle and bed and also play with my Z offset to go down a little bit. I was surprised the same settings didn't work.
Dec 12, 2006
44 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver
The V2 has been out of stock on the official creality site for the past 2 weeks... might have to bite the bullet and order it off Amazon.ca instead with the higher price... Anyone have updates about their V2 orders that's in the shipment that's stuck at customs?
Mar 4, 2006
375 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
My understanding is it is a good idea to run calibration prints with any new filament regardless of manufacturer. There can be variances between batches even for same colour from same manufacturer.
Jan 31, 2018
612 posts
1098 upvotes
Winnipeg
Drasco wrote: My understanding is it is a good idea to run calibration prints with any new filament regardless of manufacturer. There can be variances between batches even for same colour from same manufacturer.
Yep. And in my experience, white is always the worst of any given type of filament. I think it is because you need lots of white pigment to overcome the background filament color, whereas darker colors can actually use less pigment.
Dec 8, 2012
43 posts
35 upvotes
Canada
K3lvin wrote: The V2 has been out of stock on the official creality site for the past 2 weeks... might have to bite the bullet and order it off Amazon.ca instead with the higher price... Anyone have updates about their V2 orders that's in the shipment that's stuck at customs?
https://3dprintingcanada.com/products/c ... 7344038981

This isn't a terrible option if you want the ender 3 v2
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1585 posts
1033 upvotes
Montréal
I was able to print with the original sample pla and then I bought some no name pla and I haven’t gotten anything to stick. now I bought white hatchbox pla. I forgot how frustrating the whole leveling sticking thing can be with 3D printing
Nov 23, 2009
66 posts
15 upvotes
Get bltouch ... Your bed leveling days will be over.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
3573 posts
1174 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Pehnull wrote: $47.66 ($52.95-10% code) 3DPrintingCanada - https://3dprintingcanada.com/products/s ... b94f&_ss=r
If I buy this to swap in to my Ender 3 Pro to get my system quieter do I need anything else or can I just grab this? Do I need stepper drivers as well or are they included?

If I wanted to get a BLTouch as well do I just go with the Bigtreetech or should I get Creality?
Oct 16, 2019
78 posts
71 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: If I buy this to swap in to my Ender 3 Pro to get my system quieter do I need anything else or can I just grab this? Do I need stepper drivers as well or are they included?

If I wanted to get a BLTouch as well do I just go with the Bigtreetech or should I get Creality?
You just need the board to make it quieter. I changed mine out Monday, I found a few videos on youtube one of which had labeled photos in the description which made it simple. I marked all wires all but make sure to mark your power wires at least as you remove the stock board. It's hard to believe but the only noise I hear now is the fan on the extruder, its so quiet I've moved it from my garage to my office and I have been running it all week while working from home.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4226 posts
171 upvotes
I have become such a 3d printing geek. Kids love it. One of the best purchases we've made. I'm still terrified to leave it running when I'm not around or at night.

I have NO idea what board of have. Levelling can be a pain but it gets done. When it works, It works great.

I don't know if its loud or silent. No frame of reference.

Any specifics on

1) How to see which board you have

2) Should you replace/upgrade?

Would this be the loud board or more silent? Fans going pretty good. Making two glow in the dark dogs for the kids..

Video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xi5fvvvsbxi0f ... 5.MOV?dl=0
Nov 28, 2012
53 posts
71 upvotes
lindmar wrote: I have become such a 3d printing geek. Kids love it. One of the best purchases we've made. I'm still terrified to leave it running when I'm not around or at night.

I have NO idea what board of have. Levelling can be a pain but it gets done. When it works, It works great.

I don't know if its loud or silent. No frame of reference.

Any specifics on

1) How to see which board you have

2) Should you replace/upgrade?

Would this be the loud board or more silent? Fans going pretty good. Making two glow in the dark dogs for the kids..

Video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xi5fvvvsbxi0f ... 5.MOV?dl=0
That sounds like the loud board. I installed my SKR MINI V2 board the other day and all those weird noises don't exist anymore, you just get the fan noise.. The bad thing is, I don't know when it's done because there's no noise when it goes to the finished position.

And you can see what board it is by looking through the vents on the bottom of the printer. Mine was 4.2.2
Jun 15, 2009
702 posts
166 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: If I buy this to swap in to my Ender 3 Pro to get my system quieter do I need anything else or can I just grab this? Do I need stepper drivers as well or are they included?
That board will make the stepper motors completely silent. You will still hear the fans, but it'll be way less noise overall. And you do not need stepper drivers because as that description says TMC2209 are integrated into the board.
ChicoQuente wrote: If I wanted to get a BLTouch as well do I just go with the Bigtreetech or should I get Creality?
Are you asking which silent board to get with a BLTouch? If so, it doesn't really matter. But I do prefer SKR. Seems to be way more tutorials and guides out there, especially if you want to build Marlin yourself.
Aug 16, 2017
9 posts
13 upvotes
For anyone interested, it looks like they have restocked the Ender 3 V2 for Canada from the official Creality store. If you choose Canada it no longer shows as Sold Out.
Feb 18, 2015
129 posts
81 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
Made a filament sensor for my son's ender.
Images
  • 20200917_000837.jpg
  • 20200917_000802.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1053 posts
210 upvotes
GTA
So after a while I have finally have my stock Ender 3 Pro running perfectly. Happy with details and print quality.
I figuring out what was wrong with my Cura setting, my prints started finally coming out properly. I fiddle too much with profile settings...sometimes mid-print to see the differences in layers.

On the Ender 3 menu when I set the filament in setting to ON and the filament to 1.75mm, my print comes out like waves or shrubs. Layer cohesion garbage as well. When I turn it off its prints normally. Not sure if that's a thing with others.

After that though, I enjoyed a few good prints. Then a nozzle clogged. after changing it. I think a bug flew into my extruder or hotend or nozzle. But one print had a bunch of bug parts in it. I was print on white PLA too. lines of green and stuff showed up in a model print. There was a mess of brown ooze near my hot end nozzle. (between the rubber and nozzle.) Maybe I didn't tighten it enough after the new nozzle.

Anyways after cleaning that mess up and retightening the nozzle, I have been running it stock for awhile...I think it's about time for some upgrading. The stock screen is starting to get annoying. The dial sometimes jumps when I'm pressing down to choose a print. Twice today it jumped to the file below the one I wanted. Can't wait to get the SKR board and screen swapped in. I'm getting really tired of the stepper whirring sounds and phantom presses.
Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | Intel i7-4770K | 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080 | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | LG GL83A-B| Schiit Modi 3 + Vali 2 & Senn HD600

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

tgv824, Mikol1011, Skadefryd